New BGT Brava Driver Shafts

Here's an early observation. I have been gaming an Autoflex 505 for the past year and half. Mostly the Autoflex has been great (consistently longer than the Tour AD BB I used to use) but when I get quick, that is when I sometimes struggle with my driving. I decided to take a chance and try the Brava (stiff flex) without much info and received it last week. After one range session and one round, my initial impression is that I am more consistent and am getting similar distances to the Autoflex. It's a little less wippy than the Autoflex and very smooth. For me, it also launches less high that the Autoflex - I had to bring the loft down to 8.25 for the Autoflex and am using the standard 9 with the Brava (Stealth Driver). The brown labels and the red face are not the best combo but perhaps my friends won't make comments about the pink and black Autoflex.

Here's an early observation. I have been gaming an Autoflex 505 for the past year and half. Mostly the Autoflex has been great (consistently longer than the Tour AD BB I used to use) but when I get quick, that is when I sometimes struggle with my driving. I decided to take a chance and try the Brava (stiff flex) without much info and received it last week. After one range session and one round, my initial impression is that I am more consistent and am getting similar distances to the Autoflex. It's a little less wippy than the Autoflex and very smooth. For me, it also launches less high that the Autoflex - I had to bring the loft down to 8.25 for the Autoflex and am using the standard 9 with the Brava (Stealth Driver). The brown labels and the red face are not the best combo but perhaps my friends won't make comments about the pink and black Autoflex.

Good commentary. Thanks for posting.

Crap.. like I need another thing to try.. I know they have wedge shafts coming too.. KJ Choi is playing their wood and wedge stuff along with putter shaft.

Crap.. like I need another thing to try.. I know they have wedge shafts coming too.. KJ Choi is playing their wood and wedge stuff along with putter shaft.

I know.. if they had an X flex id be all over this.

I know.. if they had an X flex id be all over this.

I just saw no X.. that does make Early adoption less of a possibility but still I am curious. Plus. R, S etc shaft designations are so meaningless and there are no specs on the website.

Based on my experience, the current offerings won't be suitable for anyone who needs a X-flex.

Love the Stability Tour putter shaft.

Very interested in the driver shaft. Excited for some more feedback and testing results.

These are the specs from BGT's website. Earlier Tq #'s were incorrect. X flex is supposed to be available in Nov.
1662267609575.png1662267609575.png

I would love to give this shaft a test and see how it matches up against my Accra….the lighter weight could help. But the price… oooops!

Curious @wchbos how your Brava shaft is holding up? Still using it or have you moved on?

Would be interested in any long term use feedback you could provide.

Curious @wchbos how your Brava shaft is holding up? Still using it or have you moved on?

Would be interested in any long term use feedback you could provide.

I played the Brava shaft for probably 10 months. Definitely tighter dispersion but even the X was too whippy for me (club head speed around 120). My ball flight was too high. I think for slower club head speeds if people have trouble with dispersion this would be good.

I've been using a Brava S flex shaft most of this summer. My ss is about 90-95mph. I'm kind of in between an R and S flex but went with the S because I was looking for more of the stability. My previous shaft was/is a Fubuki 56g R flex with a Tq of about 5*. It definitely felt like the Brava was more stable. Not stiff or boardy, but taught. I have hit both numerous times on launch monitors and on course. The Brava is noticeably better dispersion in both situations. Distance was similar. Overall I really like the shaft. It is pretty stable but has good feel to it.

I used the Brava for about 6 months. Liked the feel and ball flight but got fitted and fit better into a Graphite Design IZ.

Finally found a used Brava X Flex shaft with a Cobra adapter on it at a good price and pulled the trigger. Should be here next week to try out with the LTDx LS.

Had a couple of range sessions with the BGT Brava X Stiff shaft so far and had my first round with it today. My swing speed is right on the border between Stiff and X- Stiff. When I swung hard I had very good results. If I tried to swing easy the shaft might have been a little too stiff.

With the swing speed training I’m doing I wanted to get the stiffer shaft because it will be a better fit as my swing speed goes up.

I ended up adjusting the Cobra LTDx head to the -1 draw setting and taking some weight out of the head and moving the heavier weight to the heel to counteract a right miss I was seeing on the range.

My first round was encouraging and I will give it a go again tomorrow.

The colorway of the shaft matches the Cobra LTDx LS head perfectly for what it’s worth. Might also look pretty darn nice with the upcoming Darkspeed as well.

I have been offered the new BGT Brava Sierra Echo F/4 Stiff driver shaft. Info:
F/4 S95 MPH.335″46″54 gm4.3 ̊Mid-HighMid

Does anyone know if there is a difference compared to the "old" Brava ?

Currently I have Titleist TSi2 driver with Tensei Blue stiff. Info:
TENSEI™ AV Series Blue 55S46590.33530.5964.9MID

I have tried the "old" Brava and it's similar to my current shaft, perhaps a bit longer and tighter dispersion.
I have looked at but never tried the Tensei blue 1K pro 60. Anyone with a comparison between this and Brava shaft?

I have been offered the new BGT Brava Sierra Echo F/4 Stiff driver shaft. Info:
F/4 S95 MPH.335″46″54 gm4.3 ̊Mid-HighMid

Does anyone know if there is a difference compared to the "old" Brava ?

Currently I have Titleist TSi2 driver with Tensei Blue stiff. Info:
TENSEI™ AV Series Blue 55S46590.33530.5964.9MID

I have tried the "old" Brava and it's similar to my current shaft, perhaps a bit longer and tighter dispersion.
I have looked at but never tried the Tensei blue 1K pro 60. Anyone with a comparison between this and Brava shaft?
via BGT's Instagram:
1710349726153.png

They are the same. I have a Brava X-stiff that is a little stout for me.

Back