New Clubs for 2020 - going more or less forgiving?

Going with more forgiving. Ping G700 on order. Funny thing is when I put the Taylormade P790 next to the G700, they look very similar at address. The G700 is a little longer but the topline looks virtually the same. Yet, the P790 is considered a players distance and the G700 is considered SGI.

I'm gaming the original Callaway Apex irons, so (other than blades) I think almost anything I buy will be more forgiving with the new tech in the last few years.

I'm gaming the original Callaway Apex irons, so (other than blades) I think almost anything I buy will be more forgiving with the new tech in the last few years.

That's what I have been gaming for the last 4-5 years. :) Switched in November to T200's and couldn't be happier. Almost went new Apex Pro's but for me, the T200's just felt a little better.

I found a set of Mizuno mp 52’s at a local thrift store last year and really enjoy them. Being 10+ years old, I’m sure I’ll have to replace them somewhat soon. When I do, I’ll probably try to find some irons that are as equally forgiving

Going to try the 1st set of forgiving irons I have ever had in my life this year. Looking at the Wilson D7 real hard. Also the 1st time I won't be playing a Taylormade iron in 34 years.

Same style for me.

I have been playing forgiving irons for my last 3 sets. What I need is more distance, so I have to look at game improvement distance irons. Any suggestions?

I think I've found my sweet spot of longer blade length, generous sole, and traditional lofts.

Between the jpx919 tour and srixon z785, the only other irons that have my eye are ping i210, cobra forged tour, and titleist t100.

The ping and cobra both have decent chances of getting picked up this year.

I have to be one of the hardest people to be fit for irons. Something that looks good on the monitor I usually don't like it at address, something that looks good to the eye, is usually out of my league or won't provide the distance that I would like to see. I currently have 2 sets, CF16 with Aerotech 70i and 714 AP1 with XP95 shafts. I'm into more forgiveness and traditional lofts than anything else. I will be searching for new irons this year.

I’m thinking of changing out the P790 gen1 with PXG. What line of PXG 0311 gen 2 are most similar in profile to the p790?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those looking to buy new clubs in 2020, do you see yourself buying new gear that is more or less forgiving than what you already have? If so, why?

I plan to buy new irons for 2020 and I’m thinking something more forgiving. I’ve never left the “players”category and I’m curious to venture a bit more toward forgiveness. Currently, I’m pondering some ping i210s.
I’m gaming a set of pretty basic tech CBs right now. If all goes well, that’s changing into some hollow body irons for 2020 so I’ll say yes.

Outside of that? Doubtful. Unless a hybrid blows my mind and makes me drop the utility.

Going less forgiving in the irons. Moving from FG Tour V4 to 919 Tour. Really like both sets and will probably keep both in rotation.

I am moving toward more forgiving, as I will be gaming Ben Hogan PTx Pro's which offer a lot of useful technology, after playing Srixon Z-Forged and Callaway Apex MB this past season. I may try to give an mid-mallet putter an extended run instead of my typical blade as well. More forgiveness is always welcome in Driver, FW, Hybrids/Utilites.

That being said, I will continue to tinker with the bladed irons and putters in 2020, I liked my setup this part year quite a bit.

Already done...Cleveland HB's and Cobra OL hybrid! More forgiving is definitely where I'm headed!

I think my set up will still be very similar. Maybe it will be slightly more forgiving than my 919 tours. I am considering moving to a 3-4 hybrid or utility instead of whats in the set. Idk yet.

Currently playing original BH PTx, tried a bunch of other stuff but keep coming back to them over and over again. With the market of hollow body irons expanding I think that's the direction I would go if I venture into new irons. Especially the Cobra Forged Tec have my attention and with the overall footprint being larger comp. to PTx they will likely be more forgiving as well. Now just need to find a place to demo them...

already in the forgiving irons...the UHXs are calling me, tho :/

Switching from Ben Hogan Apex Edge forged to Callaway Apex CF19 Forged! I guess that is going to more forgiving!?!

For those looking to buy new clubs in 2020, do you see yourself buying new gear that is more or less forgiving than what you already have? If so, why?

I plan to buy new irons for 2020 and I’m thinking something more forgiving. I’ve never left the “players”category and I’m curious to venture a bit more toward forgiveness. Currently, I’m pondering some ping i210s.

I’m finally over ego! From now on I will always opt for more forgiving/consistent over player look/ego! Good thing that Apex Pro check both boxes!

Well this thread came in handy. I an about to go buy a bee set of irons next 2 days. Been checking online for a week now. I am looking for god type forgiveness and with added distance. Can you fine folks recommend me a good set of irons. At the moment I am leaning toward the rogue or the titleist AP 2. But open for suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Playing mp54. Picked up a decent set of FG tour F5 in hopes of a touch more forgiveness. We'll see how it shakes out once the weather cooperates.

More forgiving. I am going to move my 765/965 combo set to my backup bag and have a set of PXG 0211 on order.

i am going more forgiving in the long/mid irons - just not consistent enough - orfer a Mizuno Hot Metal Pro 5i to see what happens. WIll look at Mavrik Fwy in 17-18 degrees and driver

Always looking for more forgiving, keeping up the distance as I age and just generally tinker with some new tech.

Forgiveness for me all day.

Back