New clubs range time or just go for it

I try to get some range time in first but if that's not possible, then let them dance. Might as well see how they perform on the course sooner rather than later and if need be, take them to the range later.

How many take new irons out for some range time before actually playing or do most just go out and play a round?

always range time first, and if possible bring the old sticks for some side-by-side comparisons. ball flight, distance, shaping, etc.

Unless you have a really good range with dialed in distances and quality range balls, just hit the course. Hit an extra ball or two on each hole from the 150 marker to start dialing in distances. The last set I got I went out to the course with 7, 8, 9 iron and hit each from 150 on each hole to dial in my shot. Took about nine holes to really go after in and feel comfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like Emart2173 here. Depends on when I get them. Most times I have more time to squeeze in a quck range session with them before my next scheduled round. That said, when I got my D200's earlier this spring, I picked them up on a Thursday night and took off Friday at noon for 9 holes. So that was an exception.

Definitely range time first. Have to check distances.

I always have at least some range time first. But sometimes not much - I don't buy a club unless I've already hit it on the range or a simulator a decent bit.

I always hit the range first because I'm to excited to wait lol

Well my last set had some range time first....but only an hour or so prior to a round.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This sounds familiar only I was fitted the day before.. And I am definitely a lucky SOB. :)

Honestly I can usually roll with it. Nothing I will ever play is going to be so radically different in size, weight, etc. from what I normally play so I am usually fine.

Now in December I imagine I won't have much time with the shiny new clubs before hitting the course, but I will be ok!

Range time maybe 1 session to Guage distances and it's on deck.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I got my x-22's in late February when I bought them. Ranges and courses are pretty much closed up around here at that time of year. We got a 70* day in early March with no snow on the ground, so I took them and hit the course with them. Shot about my average score (bad).

I take them to the course before the range. I can learn from the course better than the range.

Do you drive your new car around the parking lot for an hour before you take it on the road? Heck no!

I always demo before I buy. Just wouldn't feel good about the purchase without putting them through the ringer. Normally I'll demo at the pro shop then go on ebay and buy that very model whether it's a driver, set of irons or a putter.

If .. "If" you have a proper/repeatable motion than anything should work right on the course. It isn't the arrow that matters, it's the Indian that shoots it.

I used to always Blaime the equipment, well that isn't what the problem was. It's our swings and mechanics

I bought a new set of RSi 2's took them to the course the next morning, hit a few balls to get loose then shot a 77 my second lowest round of all time. Haven't duplicated it since though.

Back