New England Members

Will wearing a personal floatation device interfere with the golf swing? (asking for a friend).........

Will it ever STOP RAINING!!!!!
This rain has been ridiculous of late. Every course I have played on the last two weeks has flooded sand traps. fairways with rivers or large puddles and very humid.

maybe we will turn it around

This rain has been ridiculous of late. Every course I have played on the last two weeks has flooded sand traps. fairways with rivers or large puddles and very humid.

maybe we will turn it around

Same......one course had a ton of casual water on the fairways and their traps were 1-3' deep water hazards you could fish....but their green complexes were perfect still. Another was basically "normal" by comparison as it drains very well. Yet another was decimated with rain and had to rebuild cart paths etc. Their fairways were soft to very soft to swampy and their traps while dry were concrete. To the point where I elected to move my ball to an area of dry sand within the bunker......concrete isn't worth it.

I feel for them all.......Mother Nature has been a B!$%& this year,......

I assume you have played both courses at the Pinehills? If not, go......mid week worth every penny

Ironically I've only played 1 of those courses. Still have 1 other to play. Thanks for the reminder! :)

This may have been posted before but definitely worth a 2nd look. They sell out so put this on your radar. MA area outings including some great places.

This may have been posted before but definitely worth a 2nd look. They sell out so put this on your radar. MA area outings including some great places.

That looks like a fun schedule......

So given the 4" of predicted additional rain and the whole tornado watch/warning thing, chances are courses will be a tad wet and damaged heading into the week.

Tough year to be on the groundskeeper crews.......damn.

Yep rained out today. Not as bad as some people have had it but it's been a wet, hot and humid month of July after some really great weather leading up to it.

Yep rained out today. Not as bad as some people have had it but it's been a wet, hot and humid month of July after some really great weather leading up to it.

Areas of NH adjacent to us have seen 17" of rain since 6/1 before this weekend's soaking.........

Crazy. I can fish some of the bunkers and fairways at a few courses.......Mother Nature.

BAA53865-F4F3-4D9B-B1A3-5E7939B4777D.jpeg
A friend is a member at Eastward Ho, we couldn’t make a round happen so he took me and my son on his boat for a view of the track from the water. So close, yet so far away.

I think the whole state of Ma is waterlogged.

A few days without any rain would be nice.

I think the whole state of Ma is waterlogged.

A few days without any rain would be nice.
Yeah CT is finally drying out some. Playing 18 this am at Keney Park in Hartford. Weather looks good 👍

I got out on Windham CC yesterday. Pretty soggy in spots after Friday nights deluge. A number of traps had standing water. Overall it was in nice shape. Greens were great if people fixed their ball marks. Pace of play was very good, 3 1/2 hour round, which is always nice.

I got out on Windham CC yesterday. Pretty soggy in spots after Friday nights deluge. A number of traps had standing water. Overall it was in nice shape. Greens were great if people fixed their ball marks. Pace of play was very good, 3 1/2 hour round, which is always nice.
Played Windham a couple of weeks ago was in good shape tight course

Played Lakeside at Juniper Hills Saturday was in good shape. Except for the ridiculously loud guy in the foursome behind us with the even more ridiculously loud clothes (yellow shirt, crazy multi color blue, yellow, pink pants and a bright green hat) this guy would not shut up. He also picked up my ball twice as I ended up left straddling the two holes

Played Lakeside at Juniper Hills Saturday was in good shape. Except for the ridiculously loud guy in the foursome behind us with the even more ridiculously loud clothes (yellow shirt, crazy multi color blue, yellow, pink pants and a bright green hat) this guy would not shut up. He also picked up my ball twice as I ended up left straddling the two holes
Wait please explain how does the guy behind you picked up your ball twice?
Glad to see your playing again, we need to get out soon!

Last edited:
I was told Overlook in NH has been closed for a week.
Could be the Nashua River that runs along a few holes has flooded it. We had a flood watch in the area Friday night. Definitely call ahead if interested in playing Overlook.

Wait please explain how does the guy behind you pick up your ball?
Glad to see your playing again, we need to get out soon!
thats easy he was on the hole behind us which is also adjacent . So after they hit their tee shot on say the 8th, we are passing them after hitting our tee shot on the 9th or so. My ball was a bit left between the two holes but not in the woods just some rough area.

thats easy he was on the hole behind us which is also adjacent . So after they hit their tee shot on say the 8th, we are passing them after hitting our tee shot on the 9th or so. My ball was a bit left between the two holes but not in the woods just some rough area.

Maybe 11 & 12? Those are 2 par 4s right next to each other and usually has some cross traffic. My Friday league plays there. They've done a nice job getting the course back in decent shape after it was trashed during the pandemic.

Could be 9 & 10 too.

Maybe 11 & 12? Those are 2 par 4s right next to each other and usually has some cross traffic. My Friday league plays there. They've done a nice job getting the course back in decent shape after it was trashed during the pandemic.

Could be 9 & 10 too.
The guy up my ball twice in the round. Actually same Bridgestone ball with same blue line. I was more mad the second time figuring he would remember the first time LOL. That was my first time on Lakeside, I have played the Riverside 4-5 times. I guess that side is a bit underwater

The guy up my ball twice in the round. Actually same Bridgestone ball with same blue line. I was more mad the second time figuring he would remember the first time LOL. That was my first time on Lakeside, I have played the Riverside 4-5 times. I guess that side is a bit underwater

Yeah Riverside has more issues with the heavy rains. For our league last Friday they had the tees on #9 way up, so it played as a 200 yard "par 4". They've done a lot of work to get the drainage on 8/9 better but this month has been ridiculous with the amount of rain.

Anyone around the Plymouth area up for a round of golf this week? Looking for some people to play with while I'm in the area!

Anyone around the Plymouth area up for a round of golf this week? Looking for some people to play with while I'm in the area!
I'm up in central Ma. I could possibly play Wed. We could meet up halfway and maybe coax @rlefig out of his den.

I'm up in central Ma. I could possibly play Wed. We could meet up halfway and maybe coax @rlefig out of his den.

I'm game! What would be a good halfway spot?

Back