New From West DFW

:welcome:

If you're in Aledo, this is opening fall of '24 & everything I've heard is it's going to be awesome.

Oh, wow, this looks really nice! I'll have to try to find out more on this.

Welcome aboard! The DFW bureau of THP is strong and full of good people.

I used to live in Arlington not terribly from you. What are your favorite courses to play?

We were in Euless before moving to Aledo, just south of the DFW airport. So I was an Arcis member at Bear Creek. It was a sweet deal, $50 a month for unlimited range balls and earlier twilight rates. We were maybe 8 minutes from the course, so I got my money's worth in range balls within the first week of every month.

Other than that, I haven't played at many big-name courses, but have gone back to several because of comfort level. Quite a few rounds at Firewheel in Garland, a couple of rounds at Iron Horse in North Richland Hills, and a number of rounds at Bear Creek east and west. The biggest name (and maybe just the highest tee time cost) course would definitely be Cowboys in Grapevine. I work for an architecture firm that does mostly education work, so we participate in a lot of school fundraising golf tournaments, and I had the chance to play at Cowboys as a part of one of those.

Howdy, sorry. It seemed fitting. Welcome.

Oh, wow, this looks really nice! I'll have to try to find out more on this.

We were in Euless before moving to Aledo, just south of the DFW airport. So I was an Arcis member at Bear Creek. It was a sweet deal, $50 a month for unlimited range balls and earlier twilight rates. We were maybe 8 minutes from the course, so I got my money's worth in range balls within the first week of every month.

Other than that, I haven't played at many big-name courses, but have gone back to several because of comfort level. Quite a few rounds at Firewheel in Garland, a couple of rounds at Iron Horse in North Richland Hills, and a number of rounds at Bear Creek east and west. The biggest name (and maybe just the highest tee time cost) course would definitely be Cowboys in Grapevine. I work for an architecture firm that does mostly education work, so we participate in a lot of school fundraising golf tournaments, and I had the chance to play at Cowboys as a part of one of those.
I played Bear Creek and Cowboys several times and Iron Horse a few. I played Texas Star in Euless and Waterchase a bunch of times. I was a member at Walnut Creek in Mansfield for a few years. The newer course there is fun.

Howdy! I stumbled upon this forum while doing research for a planned at-home garage simulator. I've been playing golf off and on for the last 5 years or so - I get in modes where I'm all in for months at a time, then will take a few months off. Currently in an all-in mode, so I'm hungry to get better and I'm hoping an at-home simulator will keep that fire burning and help me improve.

I describe my golf game as "consistently inconsistent" - on my best days, I can break into the 80s, on my worst, triple digits are not out of the question. There are range trips that make me feel like I could take on a pro, then others where I look like I've never swung a club.

My wife and I just moved into our new home on the west side of Fort Worth in Aledo, TX, so I'm excited to get out and start trying some courses around here. Luckily, there is an incredibly nice range between us and Fort Worth that I've visited a few times now.

Looking forward to digging deep here and learning and growing my game!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome To THP from Prosper

:welcome: to the both of you.

Welcome to THP!

welcome!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Back