New irons or reshaft

Way to go with your choice! I hope they're what you're looking for and there's a review on them when you get them!
I'll review them on unboxing and initial range and round for sure. I don't hate what I have but will be letting them go if these are what everyone says they are.

(y)

Short update: Rain... a lot of it. I did break down today and hit them off of mats in the rain today. As i stated before, played the i200 and enjoyed them but the flight was very high. They were Power Spec and I had exhausted all options basically so I went with New Level Golf. 1126 in the 5-7 and 8-PW in the 902 with a 50 M type wedge as a Gap Wedge. The 5-7 had a slightly lower ball flight with a softer feel and are very easily worked in either direction. I feel its a significant change for me because I didn't lose any of them left and seemed to game a full club in length. (5 iron before was around 190-195 and today was 200-205 and hit the sign once on landing) The short iron flight was much lower and required less effort. Slightly longer (maybe 5 yards... at the most) but the control was there. Nothing lost left and no shanks. The M-type wedge at 50 degrees was easily flighted high or low around 120 (I lost yardage with this club but it wasn't going left at all) I am happy with my purchase and would recommend. (Shaft change for anyone that hasn't seen it I went from KBS Tour Regular to TT Dynamic Gold 105 X100, 1/4 inch longer soft stepped)

Ooh, more distance is good! Nice review(y)

The CASH value of your irons, if in all good shape (which is determined Ed they are not) is $157 on the PGA site.
you Have several options the way I look at it.
1. reshaft. Look on e bay, 2nd swing, for used shafts. Hard to tell if you like them without hitting them.
2. new (or used) irons. Cant buy properly without trying.

I know some stores are starting to open by appointment only.
can you wait till something opens?

I traded the i200s and Ping G400Max and traded for a Ping G410 LST 9 degree with a Tensei Orange Stiff... I paid $9.08 because I put a Winn Dri Tac Midsize grip added.

Yesterday my ball striking was horrid. Every club in the bag so I couldn't take much from it. Morning range session after some drills last night went very well.

Distance seems level to half club longer now that I'm getting a good look. Stopping power seems better with a lower ball flight. Feel and sound is fantastic. When I put a good swing on them, I get exactly the result I would expect for my level. Both iron types are easy to work left and right. I am adjusting my game to play long clubs lower when needed at shorter distances. I am unable to hit anything low it seems so its not the clubs fault.

did I miss the unboxing pictures?

My sorry self forgot. They are working very well so far. Went from some random hooks to high fades that didn’t lose any real distance. I’m excited to get them on the course.

Went back to the range today. Grass, standard consistent range balls. I don't have a driver at the moment so it was all about irons. I was able to get my distances worked out completely. I am happy with my purchase. I don't really care much for the M-Type 50 degree wedge vs a traditional gap wedge from a set. I'm about 5-7 yards shorter than what I'm used to. The New Level 902s in 8-PW are very easy to hit, and require little effort to hit high or low. The 1126s are long in blade length than the i200s I previously gamed. The ball flight is lower yet I seem to have more control on the left to right dispersion. With a "normal" effort swing I have settled at about the same distance (maybe just a couple yards longer) than the Pings which is perfect. I'll likely order some CBX 2 wedges in 50-54-58 very soon.

If you ask this forum whether or not to buy some new shiny things, then you have already made your mind up :ROFLMAO:

If you ask this forum whether or not to buy some new shiny things, then you have already made your mind up :ROFLMAO:

I wasn't sold on it. Really it came down to dollars and sense.... Common sense says why not spend a little more for new than refurbish old. I traded them in at good value with my old driver and a new Ping G410 LST is on its way at a whopping total of $9.08

Back