New irons or reshaft

Tour Edge has their stimulus sale going on right now... good prices for great clubs. I looked at it for me especially with their HL3's... previous gen tech for low prices but their short irons were sold out in lefty.

never fails, right?

never fails, right?
I know right? Great price on previous model and the 9i and wedges aren't in stock. Oh well. I don't need new clubs.

I know right? Great price on previous model and the 9i and wedges aren't in stock. Oh well. I don't need new clubs.

but "want" is a more powerful motivator :LOL:

I NEED. Going to find a local pro who does fittings this week. Likely Mizuno JPX HM Pro, Forged, or maybe even G410. I will hit the Apex CF19 as well. The reviews and thoughts of this iron are to good to ignore it.

I NEED. Going to find a local pro who does fittings this week. Likely Mizuno JPX HM Pro, Forged, or maybe even G410. I will hit the Apex CF19 as well. The reviews and thoughts of this iron are to good to ignore it.

I have not hit either, but the i200 and CF19 appear to be polar opposites except for the similar size. i200 is a control iron with a moderate spin profile. CF19 is a bomber with lower spin.

Dave

I have not hit either, but the i200 and CF19 appear to be polar opposites except for the similar size. i200 is a control iron with a moderate spin profile. CF19 is a bomber with lower spin.

Dave
I’m not worried about changing, really more concerned if I have a drop off in forgiveness. I’ve floated a lot of ideas but I’m thinking lower scores lie with HMP, G410, CF19, and maybe even the i500. I’m really familiar with it and figure it does exactly what I need. Stronger lofts with a stiffer shaft should bring my ball flight down without losing distance. I hate to pay for them and the Apex. But it’s a 4-5 year commitment. I’m likely to tinker with driver but irons grow with age unless major changes. (I’ve gained 10mph driver swing speed in the last 15 months) maybe I turned into the Hulk and bowed the shafts.

I’m not worried about changing, really more concerned if I have a drop off in forgiveness. I’ve floated a lot of ideas but I’m thinking lower scores lie with HMP, G410, CF19, and maybe even the i500. I’m really familiar with it and figure it does exactly what I need. Stronger lofts with a stiffer shaft should bring my ball flight down without losing distance. I hate to pay for them and the Apex. But it’s a 4-5 year commitment. I’m likely to tinker with driver but irons grow with age unless major changes. (I’ve gained 10mph driver swing speed in the last 15 months) maybe I turned into the Hulk and bowed the shafts.
Now that is entirely possible!:LOL:

I would call Ping. Cobra reshafted mine with exotic shafts for $45 per club and they took care of shipping both ways. It should be less then that for a non exotic shaft. At least get your best options on the table.
Not that I wouldn’t use it as an excuse to buy new irons if that is what you want to do. 🤪

I found a guy locally (after an extensive search) that does club repair. I sent him the details requesting a quote. $350 or more and I'm just gonna buy new. Hot Metal Pro, Ping G410, maybe i210 (kinda redundant)

Been playing Ping i200 for about 3 years now. Still satisfied with performance and don't mind the look or feel. However, I recently had to replace the 5 iron shaft that broke after a swing (no funny business, wife was actually there when it happened) and with the pandemic, shipping, shaft and grip cost me $90 total. My 6 iron shaft is slightly bowed inward, and the PW has a downward bend causing the toe to drop. KBS Tour shafts, and they blame it on shaft flex though I've always played regular flex in my irons. I'm not buying their explanation and probably not their product anymore. Obviously I will have to reshaft or replace.

By the time I buy new shafts with grips and install I'm looking at roughly $400, if I'm lucky. The irons I own are worth roughly $200. Is it worth a reshaft at this point?

SO, if I roughly have $400 saved and $200 on trade in that really is net $550 to $650 in my pocket. Would it be smarter to buy new irons? I've narrowed it down to 2 sets really. New Level 1126, 5-P and I'd have to buy a gap wedge which would be around $800. JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4-GW for $799. I've not had a change to hit either as I haven't decided to make the jump. The New Level is unknown to me but the reviews are great. Mizuno is Mizuno.....

What would you guys do? (Typically I get good advice from here and lead in the right direction so give me your best guess.)
Personally with the saved money and possible trade in value, id look at new irons..... Great deals on New Level irons right now ( which are amazing irons ) and even PXG 0211 5i - P can be had for $575

And yes Mizuno is Mizuno... my fitting in December came down to New Level 623 vs Mizuno MP 20 MB or MMC. I ended up with the Mizuno MMC but still think of picking up the New Levels with the sale. It would be splitting hairs to say the Mizuno's felt better/softer than the New Level's but overall they both were very comparable

Last edited:
There's you answer... you asked about New Level... they're amazing:)

New Level Irons compared to Ben Hogan? I’m just covering all bases and trying to make the smart decision. I am buying new clubs.

@Mach2 just unboxed some New Level clubs I believe. They look really nice.

Ben Hogan clubs have a following here and people say they're nice clubs also.

I have no experience with either but I'm thinking you couldn't go wrong with either.

Ben Hogan clubs seem to go out of their way to serve you as a customer. They've got their try it program. They've got a few different ways to pay. Their CEO was on @golfunfiltered podcast.

In mach2's thread @Jman mentions some New Level clubs... link hereNew Level clubs Mach2's thread

I would absolutely recommend Ben Hogan to be at the top of your list for something from the customer-direct genre.

Thanks to everyone for the responses and advice. I purchased new. I went with New Level Golf, 1126 5-7 and 902 8-P (Dynamic Gold 105 X100 soft step, 0.25 inches long, and 0.5 flat) with a 50 degree M Type wedge (S300 DG) New stick excitement

Thanks to everyone for the responses and advice. I purchased new. I went with New Level Golf, 1126 5-7 and 902 8-P (Dynamic Gold 105 X100 soft step, 0.25 inches long, and 0.5 flat) with a 50 degree M Type wedge (S300 DG) New stick excitement
Congrats and enjoy the new sticks! Look forward to hearing your thoughts on them, those are some nice looking irons.

I'll post a few reviews on them. New sticks always makes the world a better place

Way to go with your choice! I hope they're what you're looking for and there's a review on them when you get them!

Back