Gezer

junior golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Looking for something more players like than my TM rocketbladez tour. But I don't want to go MB.
I'm flighting the ball too high ATM but I'm liking the swing I put on it.
So I'm thinking something like the TM mc, cally apex pro, etc
A list of clubs that fit this area would be amazing.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why not bend your current irons 2 degrees strong? Should lower the flight. If not the list above is solid, I play the ACPs( which I believe is what you're call amp cell forged) and I think I hit them pretty high, but that's more my swing than the clubs.

Cobra Amp Cell Pro in the flow set. The only MB's are in the 9 and PW. Best irons I've hit to date.

AP2s allllllllllll day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why not bend your current irons 2 degrees strong? Should lower the flight. If not the list above is solid, I play the ACPs( which I believe is what you're call amp cell forged) and I think I hit them pretty high, but that's more my swing than the clubs.

I did think of that but there's already a bigger gap between the pw and 52* than I'd like, strengthening the irons will just make that gap worse.

AP2s allllllllllll day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sadly the old ap2 have put me off a bit, hated them.
Will definitely have to try the 714 ap2 then :D

I did think of that but there's already a bigger gap between the pw and 52* than I'd like, strengthening the irons will just make that gap worse.

A new wedge is cheaper than new irons. Just saying.

I think the original AP2s are the best but to each their own. I like the 714s a lot too

A new wedge is cheaper than new irons. Just saying.

I don't understand how a new wedge will close that gap after I strengthen the pw?
Get a 50* ?
I'd have a big gap between that and the 59* that I have
And the top line of the rbladez tours is just a little chunky for me.
After playng my brothers rac mb's I can say that the blades brought that ball flight down nicely but the distance isn't quite where I'd want it (dropped 15 yards instead of about 5 yards, I'd quite happily drop five yards from the rbladez to get a more consistent iron, but not 15 yards)
And it's very inconsistent distance wise, I could hit two good shots, one going 7-9 yards further than the other, which is too much of a gap for me.

What's the consistency with the TM mc like?
Is there much issues with the 8-7 iron gap ?
Seeing a lot of guys on tour with these, I wonder if they actually have the pocket on the long irons :)

I don't understand how a new wedge will close that gap after I strengthen the pw?
Get a 50* ?
I'd have a big gap between that and the 59* that I have
And the top line of the rbladez tours is just a little chunky for me.
After playng my brothers rac mb's I can say that the blades brought that ball flight down nicely but the distance isn't quite where I'd want it (dropped 15 yards instead of about 5 yards, I'd quite happily drop five yards from the rbladez to get a more consistent iron, but not 15 yards)
And it's very inconsistent distance wise, I could hit two good shots, one going 7-9 yards further than the other, which is too much of a gap for me.

Sounds good, you can strengthen your wedges also, but if you want a thin top line and pretty forgiving, I say the j40 CBs, the DPCs are decent too, I know there was a lot of love for the DPCs but I didn't care for the look. Like I said I play ACPs and I love them and will have a hard time taking them out of my bag.

I do admit the amp cell forged looks good, probably the only cobra irons I'd buy, the amp cell pro looks too players like for me, not enough help IMO

Sounds good, you can strengthen your wedges also, but if you want a thin top line and pretty forgiving, I say the j40 CBs, the DPCs are decent too, I know there was a lot of love for the DPCs but I didn't care for the look. Like I said I play ACPs and I love them and will have a hard time taking them out of my bag.

What's the distance like with the amps?

What's the distance like with the amps?

Compared to what? I'm a short hitter.

Compared to what? I'm a short hitter.

To a blade, and may I ask are you playing the club with the orange back or the one Rockies fowler uses? As I'm a little confused ATM

This
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409975240.774669.jpg

This
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409975251.425432.jpg

Or this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409975264.690743.jpg

The 3rd one. Like I said I'm a short hitter but I hit blades just as far as any GI iron, and I've tried tgem all.

I loved the look of them at address, (I played around with them on a shop)
Much better than titleist's cb
It's either the cobras, maybe the callaway prototypes, j40 cb or nikes new vapor pros I think.
I'm on the verge of finishing golf for the year ( uni taking over now)
So by the time I'll resume golf the nikes should be out and about.
Gonna look for a cheap set for now until next February.

Anyone with feedback on the cally protos?

Anyone?

Sadly I can't find any threads on callaway's prototype irons

find you a custom fitter and have you a combo set or just a cb set of Tom Wishon 575mmc built. The 560's are a little more forgiving with that players feel too. I have the 575mmc and LOVE them. You will NOT be disappointed!

What's the consistency with the TM mc like?
Is there much issues with the 8-7 iron gap ?
Seeing a lot of guys on tour with these, I wonder if they actually have the pocket on the long irons :)

even though I just posted that i'm thinking about trading them, i'd have to say J40 DPC's are the way to go. they have a game-improvement-like size and forgiveness, but definitely have a players-club feel. so smooth off the face, yet a relatively big face. For example, my friend has 710 CB's, and my heads are quite a bit bigger than his.

Back