New Joiner chasing a dream

Welcome to THP! Love the idea!

Welcome to THP! That's a neat idea, best of luck getting it going

:welcome:

Welcome to THP! That's a fun idea.

Pretty neat idea. Sort of like the follow george thing with the dollar bills a while ago. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome to thp.
What an awesome idea. If be interested to see it take off.

Welcome from one relatively newbie to another. Best of luck with the ball tracking/story idea.

Welcome to thp dude!

That's a neat idea! Welcome!

Welcome! Your idea sounds really fun.

Welcome!

Hey all, just checking in. Long time hacker working on a new idea. Been on the forum before but figured now would be good time to officially jump in. The idea I am tinkering with is called Every Ball Has a Story. What I have done is create a website where I track a golf ball's movement throughout it's life via a unique code on every ball (i.e. AB12 or 4567). So let's say Jim plays a ball with code AB12 at a course in NJ, he will log some details on the site as he tees it up that day. He will inevitably lose it, then some day another golfer, let's say Susie, will find it. She may throw in her bag and bring it with her to a course in NY, where ideally she "continues the story" by logging that round there. Over time that little ball may have a fun and interesting journey that the site could display. If anyone out there stumbles on a ball with a weird code, or a QR code, that was me! Through a lot of golf and forcing friends to participate when they travel I have 600+ balls circulating around the country - maybe someone will find one soon. I have been custom printing balls myself or markers were used (with the code given via website).

Excited to join the forum and see what everyone else is up to!

I love this. I worked with an alcohol brand that sponsors professional golf and pitched a very similar idea to them. QR codes on the branded balls, and when someone find it they could scan and receive a coupon for a free beer. Never happened but I’m a fan!

also, I’m Jim from NJ and do tend to lose balls. I feel seen.

Neat idea. Every Kirkland I find I already make up a crazy story in my head about how @Daluteh got it there.

Would be even cooler to track it on your website! Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP, great idea.

I love this. I worked with an alcohol brand that sponsors professional golf and pitched a very similar idea to them. QR codes on the branded balls, and when someone find it they could scan and receive a coupon for a free beer. Never happened but I’m a fan!

also, I’m Jim from NJ and do tend to lose balls. I feel seen.

Hey Jim from NJ, I'm Mike from NJ and I also lose alot of balls haha. Thank you! I really don't know why brands don't use QR's on balls more... yes they fade and could scuff but I've spent a few months printing and scanning and it works better than you think!

Back