New Joiner chasing a dream

EveryBallHasaStory

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all, just checking in. Long time hacker working on a new idea. Been on the forum before but figured now would be good time to officially jump in. The idea I am tinkering with is called Every Ball Has a Story. What I have done is create a website where I track a golf ball's movement throughout it's life via a unique code on every ball (i.e. AB12 or 4567). So let's say Jim plays a ball with code AB12 at a course in NJ, he will log some details on the site as he tees it up that day. He will inevitably lose it, then some day another golfer, let's say Susie, will find it. She may throw in her bag and bring it with her to a course in NY, where ideally she "continues the story" by logging that round there. Over time that little ball may have a fun and interesting journey that the site could display. If anyone out there stumbles on a ball with a weird code, or a QR code, that was me! Through a lot of golf and forcing friends to participate when they travel I have 600+ balls circulating around the country - maybe someone will find one soon. I have been custom printing balls myself or markers were used (with the code given via website).

Excited to join the forum and see what everyone else is up to!

Welcome to the forum! :welcome:

That is certainly an interesting idea and would be really neat to see put in place.

Very cool idea.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP @EveryBallHasaStory . Sounds like a fun thing to track. I'll be on the lookout for one!

Welcome aboard! Your idea sounds fun to follow!

:welcome:

Welcome will be fun to read these stories.

i found this ball, would love to know the back story…other than the obvious🤪337F9C45-2967-410A-9595-CBAFA54EC5AA.jpeg

Welcome. You have a different but interesting idea there regarding golf balls.

Very interesting concept. Hope to find one soon to contribute

That’s an awesome idea! I’ll keep an eye out!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. Cool idea. I’ve seen stamps on dollar bills where you could go track their movement. I love to golf ball idea

Welcome to THP.

Great idea!

Welcome to THP!

That’s a lot of fun!

Welcome to THP!!

Very cool idea! Welcome.

Welcome!

Back