ANNOUNCEMENT New Marketplace Rule - You Must Include your Forum Name & Date in Listing

Appreciate the steps taken by THP to avoid such situations

Thanks for keeping THP as safe as possible. Good addition

Very easy to do and worth it!

Two thumbs up!

Great idea and I will check references when it is a certain price tag. If a person is not willing to give me solid references and makes excuses then that is the first clue something doesn't smell right.

Great idea (y)

And, for me, the OP has to be an Albatross Club member.

This a smart addition to the marketplace rules, should help curb some spam sales

Great idea!

The real scamming occurs after a WTB post and a fake account PMs saying they have what you are looking for....anything work to stop that? It literally happens every time I post a WTB.

Insist in your advert a member must first reply in the advert thread, and they may follow-up in a PM. That won't eliminate scammers, but it may discourage some of them. It will also make them immediately visible to other members and site administration--either of which may take it into their heads to look into the individual making the offer ;)

I listed a number of items earlier this morning, per the rules, but they’re not approved and visible. Who handles that?

We have decided to implement a new marketplace rule in order to help try to keep away scammers.

The first post of the Marketplace Rules has been updated as well, but I thought it was best to also give this it's own thread.

Starting today if you make a FS/FT/WTB thread in the marketplace You must include a sheet of paper or napkin or something like that with your forum name and the date in at least one image to verify it's really you.

If you do not include this information, your post will not be approved by the moderators.
I get name and date but what is "image"? Is the piece of paper the info is on considered image? With all the new requirements of various websites I assume you don't mean anything more than what I have mentioned.

I get name and date but what is "image"? Is the piece of paper the info is on considered image? With all the new requirements of various websites I assume you don't mean anything more than what I have mentioned.
Meaning, post a photo of what you are selling with your name and date on it, at least in one of the pictures of what you are selling.

If you are selling a putter, and have various photos of the top, sole and face, in at least one of those photos have a piece of paper with your forum name and date.

Just have the info on something in one of the pictures of what you are selling.

Back