New Member from Vancouver Canada

604Golf

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! I discovered this community thanks to a golf ball. I collect Truvis golf balls and came across this community when researching the ball.
Such a cool community you guys have here!
I was curious why the golf ball had the #604 on it. The are code of where i live is 604 so I was surprised to see and Ohio based forum with that number!
I am a massive PING fanatic. IYKYK...its like a cult ahaha.
I also use golf to fundraise for a local mental health charity!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP. I hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome to THP.

Hi Everyone! I discovered this community thanks to a golf ball. I collect Truvis golf balls and came across this community when researching the ball.
Such a cool community you guys have here!
I was curious why the golf ball had the #604 on it. The are code of where i live is 604 so I was surprised to see and Ohio based forum with that number!
I am a massive PING fanatic. IYKYK...its like a cult ahaha.
I also use golf to fundraise for a local mental health charity!
Which Truvis ball is it? Also makes me wonder which of our Canadian members is up there doing a little product seeding. :LOL:

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP! If I remember correctly, the ball that had 604 on it was custom made from an experience winner here. Both of the winners are from BC. Was it the Hot Chicken Truvis?

Love the icon/logo/avatar

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to THP!

Which Truvis ball is it? Also makes me wonder which of our Canadian members is up there doing a little product seeding. :LOL:
I also wonder how the chicken stuff is related to this forum

Attachments

• truvis.jpg
    truvis.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1
  • truvis2.jpg
    truvis2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1
Welcome to THP! If I remember correctly, the ball that had 604 on it was custom made from an experience winner here. Both of the winners are from BC. Was it the Hot Chicken Truvis?
Yes thats the one!

Yes thats the one!
Nice! The thread that was linked has the answer to the why!

So originally I had a very different design, but I was never happy with the results. Too intricate, etc. It needs to be simple.

604 was always going to be the number, being our area code. Also two logos, because why have one when you can have two?

@ArmyGolf had the hot wings idea, so I got to thinking. Pair it up with a flaming chicken head. Then I figured, why not hide a maple leaf in plain sight? After begging Inkscape (vector graphics program) to stop garbling everything, the chicken head finally came out the way I wanted.

Nothing like this one, I checked :p

Well if nothing else these are a conversation starter lol. We basically decided we would each do one design, I did the flaming chicken wing, @aljaklaw did the fire breathing chicken.
I had the idea for "Hot Wings" as sort of a tribute to my mom. Long story short - I'm a momma's boy. The color limitations probably exposed the design a little, but I'm a sucker for a fiery wing.

Did we execute well on the idea? Well, we'll let you guys decide lol. We know where Finley stands.

At the end of the day, a HUGE thank you to THP, Budget Golf, and especially Callaway Golf for the opportunity. I hope we didn't ruin it for any future opportunities.

Back