New video game "The Golf Club"

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
Just released some info in the past couple days. Looks great with graphics and such. Take a look!

PS4, XBoxOne and PC

http://thegolfclubgame.com/

*If you want your name on the list, let me know which platform you're on and your platform name so other THPers can find you*

PS4 Players (Forum name, PSN name)
dhartmann34 (MssveDhart34)
Rambler (ramblinman97)
Gizmo3putt (Gizmo_Locke)
Yantropov (Yantropov)
cpljohnst (cpljohnst )
Mward (Mward2002)
tpluff (tpluff)
adwillingham (adwillingham)
Msh134 (AlwaysDead134)
T2GRN18 (T2GRN18)
TLeishman34 (TBaker34929)
Jrs362 (Jrs362)
Tbuis13 (KCandChiveOn)
mmaynard11 (Mmaynard11)
ddec (ddec041884)

Xbox Players (Forum name, Xbox name)
mikedean441 ( )
War Eagle (punchybeef
)
Chip (
dumbbellatelbel)
Lockman850 (Lockman850)
TOAD (
t0ad462)
Uzumati (
SlushiestWharf7)
Woody140284 (Woody140284)

Last edited by a moderator:
Posted some info about it in the PS4 thread.

Love that there is a course creator. Seems to be a good-enough to hold us over until 2015 when the new EA PGA Tour Series comes out.

Here is my post from the PS4 thread

There will be golf this spring! Looks like a next generation version of links almost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUA4...e_gdata_player

Course creator!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb7C...e_gdata_player

HB Studios, who has partnered with Electronic Arts in the past, most recently developed Rugby World Cup 2011 and the infamous NBA Baller Beats. They have also contributed to games like Madden and FIFA on the Wii and other EA Sports tiles that made their way onto secondary platforms including PS2, PC, and PSP.

Their latest effort is The Golf Club which will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC this spring. Being described as a simulation the game will include a course creator with final designs able to be shared and used in online matches. Tournaments and Tours can be customized and shared as well. Also touted is practically zero load time between holes, challenges vs friends, and social media integration. Check out screenshots in the FB album and continue on for some early videos highlighting gameplay and the Course Creator.

Is it me or do the legs or pants look goofy on the guys? And no ps3???? would love another golf game beside TW2013

Coers,

you are going to find less and less coming to the PS3. I would be surprised if the next TW game comes out on the PS3.

As for this game, the movements look awkward, but I may get it because it is the only golf game available for PS4

Coers,

you are going to find less and less coming to the PS3. I would be surprised if the next TW game comes out on the PS3.

As for this game, the movements look awkward, but I may get it because it is the only golf game available for PS4

Agreed - and who could pass up the chance to listen to Ricky curse like a sailor when he is 6 putting a green that you built.

Looks like a ton of fun from the design standpoint

Agreed - and who could pass up the chance to listen to Ricky curse like a sailor when he is 6 putting a green that you built.

Yep, purely from the entertainment aspect this one will be fun. I will probably spend quite a bit of time designing courses too.

Coers,

TW was dropped from EA Sports late last year. Not sure if they announced who/what will be the replacement to their Golf game line up.

Is it me or do the legs or pants look goofy on the guys? And no ps3???? would love another golf game beside TW2013

I agree, something doesn't look quite right in the character proportions and movement.

TW was dropped from EA Sports late last year. Not sure if they announced who/what will be the replacement to their Golf game line up.

Next golf game I meant to say.... It will be the same game setup just without him.

It will be a PGA tour game, just without Tiger Woods in the game.

Here is my post from the PS4 thread

There will be golf this spring! Looks like a next generation version of links almost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUA4...e_gdata_player

Course creator!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb7C...e_gdata_player

HB Studios, who has partnered with Electronic Arts in the past, most recently developed Rugby World Cup 2011 and the infamous NBA Baller Beats. They have also contributed to games like Madden and FIFA on the Wii and other EA Sports tiles that made their way onto secondary platforms including PS2, PC, and PSP.

Their latest effort is The Golf Club which will release on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC this spring. Being described as a simulation the game will include a course creator with final designs able to be shared and used in online matches. Tournaments and Tours can be customized and shared as well. Also touted is practically zero load time between holes, challenges vs friends, and social media integration. Check out screenshots in the FB album and continue on for some early videos highlighting gameplay and the Course Creator.

The zero load time is a huge plus, along w/ course design if it is somewhat user friendly. Kind of looses luster being a sim game w/o actual real life players though, IMO.

wow screen shots are awesome.

PC/PS3 player here. Interested on how it matches up against the Tiger Woods series.

PC/PS3 player here. Interested on how it matches up against the Tiger Woods series.

It isn't going to be as much of a PGA focus. There wont be a career mode. Basically just playing golf either on your own or with friends online in tournaments and such.

No official PGA courses, no PGA players

PS4, Xbox 1 and PC

Wish it had a more set release date than "spring"

I love seeing the course creation feature.

I am crazy excited about the course creator, assuming you can fully customize a course. However, I hope this is not a $60 game as it seems like a lot would be lacking on the end product.

It readng all that, it sounds like it's going to be a digital download kind of game across all three platforms. If it is easy to design/share courses (particularly if they are not platform specific) and the game play is decent, this could be a product that is pretty successful.

I know that Links still has following on PC and folks are still desigining courses for it (using a very complicated editor) going on 9 years after it released. Before that, I think it was the Jack Nicklaus series that had a similar long time following due to the course designer. While I like the Tour backing of the TW series, and will continue to buy it in it's next iteration, this could be fun for just casual play.

Yep, purely from the entertainment aspect this one will be fun. I will probably spend quite a bit of time designing courses too.

You may have just sold me on PS4. Solely for this game.

Shame about the lack of official courses but with a decent designer included, I'm sure folks will come up with some great "tribute" courses.

Visuals are stunning, player swing seems a bit lunge-y but obviously still in dev.

Back