New Years Polar Bear plunge

Plinyyounger

Magistrate Ancient Rome
Reaction score
Handicap
fake peopl
Does anybody else do this? I started the tradition with my son in 2004, we jump into the non heated pool and cleanse all the bad vibes from our souls.

it honestly feels like I'm going to die every time I do it, but after getting out of the 40 degree water it feels amazing! Since I'm not completely a whale this year, I hope to survive, but in a bad year I honestly get scared to jump in, lol.

ill keep doing it every year until I can't anymore, it will also give me a reason to go visit my son for the new year if he moves away after college!

I've done it a few times. It's much different doing it down here when it's mid 70s though.

I think they just call it "swimming" here.

I've done it a few times. It's much different doing it down here when it's mid 70s though.

I think they just call it "swimming" here.
Haha, pretty sure there will be plenty of pretty women in Bikinis on the beaches when you do yours, not so much for the others.

Haha, pretty sure there will be plenty of pretty women in Bikinis on the beaches when you do yours, not so much for the others.

Perfect beach day today. Gorgeous weather today.

Perfect beach day today. Gorgeous weather today.
Absolutely amazing, did a Segway tour of Downtown today, and ate lunch and dinner by the water. Weather was perfect.

Used to do this in college for charity. It's nuts 1000% nuts. Don't think I'd do it again, but who knows i am crazy

I have not done it, but our company usually sends a contingent to the Lake George (NY) Polar Bear plunge to raise money for United Way. Here is the beach in 2014 and proof that you can find bikinis at the event:

maxresdefault.jpg

Polar.Plunge.Bikini.jpg

Polar plunge for 2017 is complete! My son and I are cleansed of any 2016 negativity and are looking toward 2017. Each year we want the next to be better than the last, 2016 was great, can't wait to get 2017 started!

Back