Have not played River Crossing, will def check it out. Actually just played SilverHorn yesterday afternoon. Not sure if you've played but near Stone Oak as well. This course I would put with Vaaler Creek on terms of condition. Best greens I think I have ever played on. New to all this but the grass had a tacky feel to it, almost fake.

Landa Park - I last played there shortly after they reopened, after the rebuild. Not a favorite of mine but a good affordable course to post a lot of rounds.

The Bandit - Foresight Golf does a great job with all of their courses and The Bandit is no exception. I like playing there but, honestly, there are too many nice courses between my house the The Bandit.

Vaaler Creek - One of my favorite courses in South Texas. It has a real resort feel, is challenging, and the layout doesn't favor moving the ball one direction or the other.

I'm playing another course tomorrow that's not too far from you; River Crossing. Don't know if you've played it yet but I can't help but bundle this course, in terms of style & layout, with Vaaler Creek and Canyon Springs (located in the Stone Oak area of San Antonio).

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Have not played River Crossing, will def check it out. Actually just played SilverHorn yesterday afternoon. Not sure if you've played but near Stone Oak as well. This course I would put with Vaaler Creek on terms of condition. Best greens I think I have ever played on. New to all this but the grass had a tacky feel to it, almost fake.

I've played SilverHorn a few times; it's a Hill Country type of course but not in the Hill Country, and very tight IMO. It's always in good shape and the rates, and special memberships, are very reasonable.

I sometimes play with a pretty large number of random guys on Saturday's. This group scores using a modified stableford point system. Because the group will always be between 24 & 44 players, depending on the course, the rates we get are at greatly discounted and a player never has a commitment requirement, other than if you do sign up you do need to show up. Below are the courses on the current scheduled; some great courses! Let me know if you might be interested.

Comanche Trace, Feb 27
Plum Creek, Kyle, Mar 5
Bandit, March 12
La Cantera, Resort, March 19
Olympia Hills, March 26
Silverhorn, April 2
Onion Creek, April 9
Olympia Hills, April 16
La Cantera, Palmer, April 23
Golf Club of Texas, April 30
Bandit, May 7
Onion Creek, Austin, May 14
Horseshoe Bay, Ram Rock, May 27
La Cantera, Palmer, June 11
Vaaler Creek. June 18
Falconhead, Austin, June 25
Republic, July 2
TPC, Oaks, July 9
River Crossing, July 16
Barton Creek, Crenshaw, Austin, July 23

I've played SilverHorn a few times; it's a Hill Country type of course but not in the Hill Country, and very tight IMO. It's always in good shape and the rates, and special memberships, are very reasonable.
Falconhead, Austin, June 25

Reviving an old thread here but what's your take on falconhead? Any tips/advice on any of the holes there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reviving an old thread here but what's your take on falconhead? Any tips/advice on any of the holes there?

I've played Falconhead a couple times but it's been probably 3yrs since my last round there. I don't remember details of the course but will say, I absolutely remember being very happy I played there. It's really nice!

Definitely checkout The Gauntlet with Callaway Golf thread. That is happening next weekend and it's sure to be a fantastic time! I'm hoping to find the time to sneak up there during their rounds to hang-out. Really wish I was one of the selected for this event!

Definitely checkout The Gauntlet with Callaway Golf thread. That is happening next weekend and it's sure to be a fantastic time! I'm hoping to find the time to sneak up there during their rounds to hang-out. Really wish I was one of the selected for this event!

Lol! Yea I'm playing in the gauntlet......that's why I asked! But you should definitely come watch! It's sure to be a good time!

Welcome to THP.

Back