Next Five Years Most Majors?

Missed about Spieth who will get one

Throw in one more in 21 and 21 in play. Major wins are hard period. Pick your top three in order with wins and why?

Rahm - 4 more or more because he is top tier
Rory - 2-3 more as on way back despite falling off yesterday
Morakawa and Bryson - 2 each as both with great strengths; but the former can’t putt up to rest of game and the latter is talented but quirky
DJ and DT may win one each. Brooks as well. Ousie should too. Woods health permitting may do it one more incredible time and Wolff and Phil could pull out some magic.

Others?
Brooks or CoMo for me. I have zero faith in Bryson because all he's got going for him is his distance. He's going to find out just like Tiger, Rory and Brooks did that being buff and being a golfer is not a good combination because its too hard on your joints.

I am going to pull thread in 5 years and see who did best. Many valid posts to point.

I actually think it’ll be someone like Morikawa or Hovland. Someone outside the current winners. That said, we could be preparing to see Rahmbo go on an impressive tear the next 2-5 years.

Morakawa a major winner just needs to putt better as does JT with his recent struggles

Are you saying DJ, JT, and Spieth are cooked? Surely you don't think these guys have nothing left to give over the next 5 years?
Yes, and please don't call me shirley........lolololol.........
No, but seriously my guy for most majors is Shaufelle.

I think Rory will win one more major. And it will be sort of a Phil-Mickelson 2021 PGA type of deal, where it's years down the road at maybe an Open or something that most of us don't even think he's a likely winner that week.

I don't see many of the current players winning bucket-loads of majors. Just goes to show you how impressive Phil winning 6 after the age of 34 is and during the Tiger era - and obviously being the oldest major winner ever now at the longest event ever. He had no business winning that PGA. Phil is easily top-10 greatest golfers in the history of the game. And he is so skilled, with Tom Watson proving at age 59 you can still contend at an Open, Phil might not even be done yet.

Up the ante if someone nails the picks with top two each within a major total next 21 majors each I promise a dozen top line balls your way at the end five years. If more than one get will do a blind draw.

If CM keeps putting like this - he - not Rahm likely will win the most now.

I think Spieth will win a PGA to get him the career Grand Slam. He has really turned a corner this year in my biased opinion, and is finally playing solid golf again.

If I had to pick the guy who will win the most majors in the next 5 years, I am going Morikawa.

I think Speith will win 1 to 2 more. The progress he has made this year has been encouraging and he seems to be on the right path. I believe the magic is still there.

I would be shocked if DJ doesn't win 2 more. He is streaky but when he is on nobody is better.

Getting to 5 though for young guys is a big ask. There are more threats than ever and the list of golfers with 5 majors is small.

OK now seeing Morikawa getting to 5 seems possible. He hits it so well that he will always be around and weeks when his putter gets hot he can win.

Collin Morikawa. After watching him closely all weekend, then hearing his presser after yesterday's win, I am so impressed with that guy. In addition to being one of the best ballstrikers in the game, he seems to be a really great guy. He's golf-smart, educated, likeable, respectful, humble, and very well-spoken, capable of putting more than a couple simple words together to form a thoughtful sentence, unlike so many of the players out there. (Brooks comes to mind.) I was truly impressed with who he is and am now fully on board the CoMo train. He will stand alongside Jordan Spieth in my handful of top favorites on the PGA Tour.

IMO, Jon Rahm also has one of the best shots at winning multiple majors over the next five years. He's another fantastic ballstriker who will settle for nothing less than his best, which is already better than most Tour player's best. His charge on the final round yesterday was really impressive, but not unexpected. Don't ever bet against him.

Where do you stand on Brooks Koepka now. I know he has been lurking but since he won his 4 majors but hasn't closed since then when he has been in position a few times.

Will Koepka win 6 total? I could see him getting another one but I am starting to doubt if he will get to 6.

I think Rahm, Speith, and Collin are the only guarantees to win at least 1 more in the next 5 years.
I think all the others mentioned would be +/- 0.5 majors

Back