Nickent's New Hosel Arrived

That is correct according to the settings bogey, however doing so does change the lie angel

Bogey, this is from the Nickent website:

http://www.nickentgolf.com/newweb/to_pr-09_04_20.shtml

Now, Nickent is ready to revolutionize golf technology once again. Nickent is unveiling an update to the lightweight hosel that made the 4DX Evolver so unique. The new hosel can be adjusted to twenty-six different positions to alter face angle, launch angle, lie angle and the loft not to mention the Evolver’s original capabilities to play the shaft of your choice. This new advance from Nickent is called "CYG Technology" because it allows players the opportunity to "Change Your Game" by changing the face angle up to 3 degrees in all directions. The ability to change the face angle combined with the existing option to change your shaft provide the ultimate experience in adjustability and extreme confidence. On a windy day all players can choose to lower the trajectory of the ball flight to combat the weather conditions. The 26 different lie, loft, and face angle settings exceeds the number of options available from the Nike STR8-FIT™ and Taylor Made R9™.

The New Nickent CYG technology gives the average golfer the treatment of a TOUR professional. For years, TOUR players with access to a Tour van have had the opportunity to alter the face angle of their driver. Now with Nickent’s 4DX Evolver, any player or fitter can open the clubface 3 degrees to combat a hook or to close the clubface 3 degrees to battle the day’s slice or power fade. In addition to open and closed club face positions, the Nickent CYG hosel also allows the player to increase or decrease loft to help battle the wind, hit it high for a feathery landing or to find the proper trajectory to maximize distance and roll.

“The 4DX Evolver driver was the original driver to offer all players the ability to be Interchangeable” said John Hoeflich, Chief Operating Officer of Nickent Golf. “Now all players can quickly change shafts and adjust loft up to 1.5 degrees. The new hosel can also change the lie angle and face angle up to 3 degrees. The Nickent 4DX Evolver with the all-new CYG hosel is the ultimate in customizable drivers.”

Nickent CYG gives all players the ability to fine tune their game, no matter what element stands in their way. The CYG hosel allows for total adjustability and the opportunity to find the right flight trajectory for them. By closing the face angle, the loft of the club increases at impact which promotes a right-to-left ball flight with higher trajectories. By setting the face angle open, it decreases loft at impact creating a lower, more penetrating trajectory with a left-to-right flight pattern. The new hosel, rotated 180 degrees creates a neutral face angle and an upright lie angle. There are 26 different combinations of adjustability to customize your driver to your needs.

Come on Bogey, buy one. You know you want to,haha.

I know I do. I had to turn my Ipod up a little more to drown out the credit card in my pocket chanting "Charge it. Charge it." :smile-big:

It was a great driver before the new hosel came out, Smalls was hitting mine straight from the start. I don't know if I'll even mess with getting the CYG hosel, it's working so good for me right now I don't want to change anything.

MO,
Lets be serious. Of course you will get the new hosel. You can tinker...hehe

I'm still going to see what I can do about getting some extras, because I definitely want one for myself. If they do it on the cheap or better, you have to take one!

MO,
Lets be serious. Of course you will get the new hosel. You can tinker...hehe

I'm still going to see what I can do about getting some extras, because I definitely want one for myself. If they do it on the cheap or better, you have to take one!

Well if I'm going to do that I probably should buy a new shaft to go along with it too.:D

Well if I'm going to do that I probably should buy a new shaft to go along with it too.:D

Why buy just one shaft? Buy this.

I think IF I get an Evolver I'll get one of these sets (if still available) so I can take time to decide on a shaft.

Anyone want to contribute to bogeyme's no more bogey fund??? :laugh:

We are too busy paying off the charity UPS fund

We are too busy paying off the charity UPS fund

I'm sure my fund is cheaper. There's always a price to pay for being nice.

these look so cool.

A video of how to adjust the settings to show how easy/hard it is would be informative too. For when you do the inevitable review!!

It is no different than taking the head off to change the shaft Paul.

so do you just position the dot on the driver head over whatever setting you wish to have then?

At the moment it will only slot in when the dots align

if this is true then thats simple!!!

That is exactly it Paul.

cool, thanks.

Be sure to let us know when the price comes out :)!

I have a question on this new hosel. Is it a "snap and go" addition or is it something that I would have to take somewhere and have a professional do? Also if I bought one of those package deals from the site you (JB) posted would I be able to get just "swap" the hosel from shaft to shaft or would I have to buy 6 or 7 different hosels? Is it a two piece hosel or is it just the "male" end?

You do have to have a professional put the hosel on in most cases. As for the packages, you would have to ask them that, but I am sure they would work with you.

You do have to have a professional put the hosel on in most cases. As for the packages, you would have to ask them that, but I am sure they would work with you.

Sweet thanks.

So, the Evolver head is the same for the CYG model and the original? Also, does the extra adjustability make the head any heavier? Is the Evolver heavier in swingweight than the regular 4DX driver? Just hit the 4DX and really liked it. Very solid ball flight with the 9-degree. Can you compare the 9-degree spin/ballflight to the 09 Burner in 9.5 degrees of loft or the Dymo 2 Str8fit in 10.5? Shaft in the 4DX was the stock S-flex SR3.

Thanks.

The head is exactly the same and I just got off the phone with them and was told that if you buy an Evolver from them now, it ships with the new hosel. The new hosels are just coming to them in bulk and will be online for sale soon.

zenman,
The new adjustability will not make the head any heavier. It is not heavier than the 4DX. Its hard for me to compare those drivers because they are all so different. However we had a driver shoot out and you can see how all of the drivers fared.

FWIW, the evolver is 454cc vs the epoxy 4dx which is 460cc, this is to compensate for the very slighlty heavier hossel of the evolver, which was just a couple grms heavier. There is no difference in performance on both heds, feel is also the same, almost impossibleto tell one from another by swinging.

The head is exactly the same and I just got off the phone with them and was told that if you buy an Evolver from them now, it ships with the new hosel. The new hosels are just coming to them in bulk and will be online for sale soon.

zenman,
The new adjustability will not make the head any heavier. It is not heavier than the 4DX. Its hard for me to compare those drivers because they are all so different. However we had a driver shoot out and you can see how all of the drivers fared.

Thanks for the info. Am going to return my Str8Fit Dymo 2 and pick up the Evolver. Can't decide on loft right now but I'm thinking 10.5 if the standard face angle is slightly closed although the 4DX draw spec I hit didn't look closed at all. I'm thinking if I square the face or have it 1-degree open it'll play a little lower in loft.

Thanks again for a wonderful and informative site.

Back