Nike DYMO STR8-Fit shaft help please

tmoney

Bogey Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
I am researching a new driver and am interested in the STR8-Fit line, especially with the price going down recently.

I cannot find any explanation on the shaft options for the stock shafts - AXIV Core UST.

In addition to flex what do the options 59, 69, and 79 mean in terms of the driver?

I am a pretty middle of the road golfer: 85-90 mph swing, regular flex, good swings 225-240 with the driver.

Thanks

The numbers are the weight of the shafts in most cases when choosing a shaft for you. You should be able to go to a local store and try them in all different setups and figure out which one is best for your swing.

JB - thanks. I just did not know which weight was "standard". Just a bit intimidated from all the options.

Gummi Bear - not sure on the type, just going by the info on nike's site and other places online.

Many shafts are going lighter now. But everybody is different in what they prefer.

Does anyone know if you can use aftermarket shafts with the STR8-FIT system? The stock shaft is solid but it would be nice to switch to a lower kick point shaft on days when there's a strong wind.

Sure but most will have to send it in to have it put together to work with the str8. Nike will assemble the kit for you for a small fee.

You can also find some of the tips online occasionally.

Welcome to THP, tmoney. There are several more Atlanta area golfers here.

I am researching a new driver and am interested in the STR8-Fit line, especially with the price going down recently.

I cannot find any explanation on the shaft options for the stock shafts - AXIV Core UST.

In addition to flex what do the options 59, 69, and 79 mean in terms of the driver?

I am a pretty middle of the road golfer: 85-90 mph swing, regular flex, good swings 225-240 with the driver.

Thanks

The 59, 69, 79 reference the weights while the shaft itself is the AXIV Core Blue shaft. I emailed Nike directly and asked them which series this shaft was and they told me it was the blue.

UST Mamiya | Proforce, Proforce AXIVCore, IRod, Competition Series, Easy Flex, Frequency Filtered Putter, Tour Models

With your swing speed, the regular will probably fit you and the weight is dependent on what you feel most comfortable. I felt the stiff 69 played pretty stout when I tried it.

Back