Nike Lunar Control Vapor 2

I played in pouring rain in a pair today and no problems with grip. Agree with people that they aren’t the best on concrete, especially wet concrete.

Old, wet railroad ties are a touch dangerous as well.

Anyone that likes this type of sole better start stocking up on these shoes. Rory McIlroy is usually the first guy of the Nike stable to start wearing the newer releases in this line, and he was wearing shoes today at the Tour Championship that have traditional spikes. I have heard that the "Lunar" name is going away for 2019 because Nike is going to put the React foam into their golf shoes (their answer to Boost by adidas). I have 3 pairs of original Lunar Control Vapor shoes, I might have to get some LCV2s on clearance because I love the traction on this type of sole.

You think Nike won't put the LCV soles on the React? Maybe call them RCVs? :) I love the soles on these - best grip by far. I'd pick up a couple more pairs of the LCV2 but I have found the toe box to have slightly less room than the first gen. Not sure if you guys find this but once the "spikes" start to dull or wear down, I find my spike marks are a bit more pronounced on the greens. I feel bad when I'm walking all over the place three-putting. ;)

I like these LCV2 shoes. Bought a pair a couple of months gao and have now worn them 5 times, they’re very comfortable and grip well. Tempted to buy another pair.

Just came across these: React Vapor 2 The upper looks similar to the LCV2s but obviously the tread/soles are different...and that's a shame imo.

Just came across these: React Vapor 2 The upper looks similar to the LCV2s but obviously the tread/soles are different...and that's a shame imo.

I'm disappointed regarding them going back to cleats. However, React is pretty amazing.

I sure hope they aren’t dropping the integrated traction, i’ve come to like it a ton. Really doesn’t matter though, ad there is no way i’m buy golf shoes with camo on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sure hope they aren’t dropping the integrated traction, i’ve come to like it a ton. Really doesn’t matter though, ad there is no way i’m buy golf shoes with camo on them.

Those are the Ryder cup releases. 3 more regular colorways are to be released later.

My 2nd pair of Lunar control vapor 2s scheduled to deliver tomorrow. Best shoes i have owned in quite some time.

My 2nd pair of Lunar control vapor 2s scheduled to deliver tomorrow. Best shoes i have owned in quite some time.

Dude I couldn't agree more! I have two pairs and I am always looking for more!

Walked into the Nike store in Vegas (here for work) and walked out with these. Really wanted the white/Royal blue but didn't have my size. Plus these were on sale for $125 USD. That sealed the deal for me.
c0e8834cd1c07f1bbc2d15e63e3670df.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Walked into the Nike store in Vegas (here for work) and walked out with these. Really wanted the white/Royal blue but didn't have my size. Plus these were on sale for $125 USD. That sealed the deal for me.
c0e8834cd1c07f1bbc2d15e63e3670df.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Those are great looking! Now I kind of want a pair.

I did get a pair of that same colorway! Great shoes. The white gets dirty but you can wipe most of it off to keep them looking sharp. Comfy with great traction, made even better with a sale price!

So I purchase these in white back in April. I played a round last week, mind you in the rain, and got in my vehicle and noticed a yellow streak on the left toe. I tried wiping it off but it looks almost like a bleach stain of some sort. I have tried everything everything from sneaker cleaner, Mr.Clean Eraser, etc and nothing is working. It’s annoying the hell out of me. Anyone have these issues? Also I’m a freak when it comes to my gear, I clean my clubs after a round and range session and I keep my golf shoes clean, properly too.

So I purchase these in white back in April. I played a round last week, mind you in the rain, and got in my vehicle and noticed a yellow streak on the left toe. I tried wiping it off but it looks almost like a bleach stain of some sort. I have tried everything everything from sneaker cleaner, Mr.Clean Eraser, etc and nothing is working. It’s annoying the hell out of me. Anyone have these issues? Also I’m a freak when it comes to my gear, I clean my clubs after a round and range session and I keep my golf shoes clean, properly too.

I have the same issue. It's like the dirt/mud has stained the white.
I have not found anything that works to clean them either.

I have the same issue. It's like the dirt/mud has stained the white.
I have not found anything that works to clean them either.

See it doesn’t appear to be dirt to me. I’ll upload a picture later today.

I don't have these specific shoes, but I have 2 pairs of the Nike Air Zoom 90 ITs, which have the same material and traction pattern. Before wearing them, I spray them with two coats of Kiwi Camp Dry. It keeps the whites looking white and prevents staining. I reapply every few months when it comes to mind. Hope this helps.

Nike Lunar Control Vapor 2

The picture doesn’t do it justice but it’s much more pronounced in person.

8084ee7ccb7332702374c678a1680fbe.jpg

I have a pair of the Lunar Control 2 and I just can't wear them. They hurt my feet after about 30 minutes on the course.
I have worn them for about 15 rounds, hoping they would break in and not hurt, but no luck, so they sit on the shelf.

I am wanting a pair of the grey ones really bad. Might have to give in and buy them. I have 3 brand new pair of shoes that I haven’t worn because they are spiked and I have gotten so used to the spike-less shoes.

The picture doesn’t do it justice but it’s much more pronounced in person.

8084ee7ccb7332702374c678a1680fbe.jpg

Have you tried Mr clean magic eraser? I use that on all my shoes and they work wonders.

Back