Nike signs Brooks Koepka and Tony Finau

Koepka is one of my favorite players on tour and I think, as stupid as it sounds, I like him a little less now. I've never been a fan of Nike in general. Finau and Nike seem to fit for me, must be the flat brim.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Both huge gets... I think they both will fit perfectly with Nike.

I find them both to be quality pick ups and should fit great into the young roster Nike has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think it's a good move for Nike. I think Finau is on the verge of having a big year.

Phil is the best I've seen at mentioning/pumping the brand interviews. Other guys could learn from that.

Think it's a good move for Nike. I think Finau is on the verge of having a big year.

Phil is the best I've seen at mentioning/pumping the brand interviews. Other guys could learn from that.
As far a Phil goes, he's well vested in the process with Doc Hoc an crew. So pumping the brand is a natural thing for a tinkerer.

I hope both continue their great play of 2015 with new clubs for 2016. That said, I can't remember the last tour pro that switched clubs that didn't have a bad first year with the new clubs. Rory took most of the next year to find the center of his Nike clubs after switching to them. Good luck to Brooks and Tony in 2016.

I kept telling Callaway to make flat brims again if they wanted to keep Tony.

great signing by nike and with them putting a emphasis on the athletic component "We don't just look for golfers. We find athletes" those two fall right in line.

i've been following Finau for the last couple of years even met him at the byron nelson (good dude), im happy for him cause this signing opens a lot of doors that probably would not be available under callaway.

both guys are highly marketable and its going to ease the pain as nike transitions towards the post tiger era.

Good signings by Nike here. Liked watching Tony last year and think he will be a force this year

Here is the million dollar question.
Does a stable help them?
Can they market it properly?

I would like to hope so, but they have had a top "stable" for a while now and still no action on the other end. WIll be interesting to see in 2016.

I don't think so man, I just don't see nike being much more than they are right now, Tiger is still around by name, Rory is either Lightinig hot or Blizzard cold lately and the new designs and colors are kind of funky. The gear is good, really good, but I don't seem them making many strides in 2016.

Back