Nike SV vs VR forged wedges

Up until recently I played a 56* SV wedge and it was pretty good on full shots, but I could not get the spin from it that I did with my Cleveland 900's or my Vokey. The SV also did not have a great deal of feel in my opinion.

About 3 years ago I gamed the SV wedges, alongside my CCi forged irons. I actually quite liked them. I can't recall too much about the spin though. I'm typically a higher ball hitter and a higher spin player so I can typically get most stuff to hit and stick, especially with a wedge. I find that my ball selection has much more to do with the spin I see as opposed to the wedges, but that's just me.

I liked the SV's for a couple of reasons: at the time, they were some of the heavier in the head wedges I had played and I liked that aspect. I felt like I always knew where the head was in my swing, and they promoted a nice even tempo for me. Most importantly, I had good results with them. I typically change out my wedges every year and I've gone from the SV's >>> Cleveland CG14's >>> Mizuno MPT 11's, and will be going to the JAWS next. I guess I'm an equal opportunity employer.

Hey everyone. Just an update: I went ahead and picked up 3 black satin VR forged wedges, courtesy of couldbeu. After much debating, I have heard that for me, someone who is still learning how to master the short game, I should go with the wedge that felt the best, rather than debating which one had most spin. For me, I love the look and feel of the VR forged, so thats what I went with. Once again, THP never fails to help. Thanks again!

Back