Nike Vapor Pro Combo Irons Review

Yeppers. Reminds me though, I need to reshaft the AW tonight since I was tinkering with graphite in it at one point.

Your welcome. Have fun with them man.

Putting these beauties back in the bag for tomorrows round(s) just because I miss looking down at them. Should be fun to tinker a round with them again after a while.

Let us know how it goes! I'm currently playing Xr Pros, but played a round with the VPCs a few months ago and I always wonder how they would play over a season...when my swing was a little off. I will say that the short irons in the VPCs are scalpels.

Enjoy!

Oh these silly irons.

I know I take flak here and there for my love of them, but I do love them. The profile is everything I want in an iron, and I really enjoy the feel I get from them.

That said, today went really well, 38/37=75, hit 14 GIR's too. These were insanely accurate for me, albeit a club shorter than my XRP. Its made me think, which is scary, but while I love hitting a 170 yard 8i with my XRP, today showed I don't need to necessarily, played off my old 160y 8i number today right out the gates and played well. I dunno. Going to rock them one round tomorrow and then my XRP 1 round. If nothing else, I've got two tremendous sets to play with, and I love that.

Also, I still heart DG Pro's, man, I missed them.

Oh these silly irons.

I know I take flak here and there for my love of them, but I do love them. The profile is everything I want in an iron, and I really enjoy the feel I get from them.

That said, today went really well, 38/37=75, hit 14 GIR's too. These were insanely accurate for me, albeit a club shorter than my XRP. Its made me think, which is scary, but while I love hitting a 170 yard 8i with my XRP, today showed I don't need to necessarily, played off my old 160y 8i number today right out the gates and played well. I dunno. Going to rock them one round tomorrow and then my XRP 1 round. If nothing else, I've got two tremendous sets to play with, and I love that.

Something to be said for predictability my man. That and looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something to be said for predictability my man. That and looks

Its funny, but I've always been this way. My absolute best ball striking has been with S55's and these. IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE!

Its funny, but I've always been this way. My absolute best ball striking has been with S55's and these. IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE!

It doesn't need to. It's your game. I'm eerily similar.

It's partially between the ears my friend. And with that being said, seeing the results of your round today, all is right everywhere! 14 GIR is nothing short of awesome, no matter how far the 8 iron goes. Great looking iron set and glad you have two sets you can absolutely pound the rock with James.

It's because they are both awesome sets. Great round dude, makes me want to try the dg pro's in my S55's.

Oh these silly irons.

Any update Jman? I currently play the Xr Pros, but have a set of VPCs on the way to see if my one round with them earlier this year was a fluke. On a simulator it seems that besides being a half club to full club longer the two are pretty similar. What I can't get over was how precise the VPC short irons were, and I really think the DG pro shaft fits me well.

It will be fun to see what on course testing shows me between the two.

Thanks for your insights!

Any update Jman? I currently play the Xr Pros, but have a set of VPCs on the way to see if my one round with them earlier this year was a fluke. On a simulator it seems that besides being a half club to full club longer the two are pretty similar. What I can't get over was how precise the VPC short irons were, and I really think the DG pro shaft fits me well.

It will be fun to see what on course testing shows me between the two.

Thanks for your insights!
I've left them in the bag for all of my rounds this week, and played well breaking 80 each round, but that's another story.

These are a club shorter for me, here I play off a 160y 8i and with my Xrp it's a 170y 8i. They also don't launch as high and don't retain ball speeds (meaning: as forgiving) nearly as well as the xrp on misses.

In the end it's what you want and need. I'm once again finding that I'm a better ballstriker with something that is a little more demanding, this makes zero sense and as an equipment reviewer I know it makes no sense. But, my iron play is always at its best with more demanding irons (VPC, s55, ap2).

Ill bounce back and forth all summer honestly. These are solid irons, but the xrp are changing the iron game. It's all going to come down to what you're most comfortable and confident standing over.

I've left them in the bag for all of my rounds this week, and played well breaking 80 each round, but that's another story.

These are a club shorter for me, here I play off a 160y 8i and with my Xrp it's a 170y 8i. They also don't launch as high and don't retain ball speeds (meaning: as forgiving) nearly as well as the xrp on misses.

In the end it's what you want and need. I'm once again finding that I'm a better ballstriker with something that is a little more demanding, this makes zero sense and as an equipment reviewer I know it makes no sense. But, my iron play is always at its best with more demanding irons (VPC, s55, ap2).

Ill bounce back and forth all summer honestly. These are solid irons, but the xrp are changing the iron game. It's all going to come down to what you're most comfortable and confident standing over.

this resonates in a big way with me. you're not iron byron; you don't have the luxury of being a machine who doesn't have a malfunctioning cpu between its ears. i've said it before, but i truly envy people who don't get all flustered based on what they're looking down at behind the ball. if i could have confidence with shovels, i know i'd be a better golfer. but i've never played gi irons as well as more demanding irons. so while objectively it doesn't make sense, there is a subjective nature that cannot be overlooked for many of us. oh, and now i want to hit the VPCs!!!

Thanks Jman. Our games must be similar as I've always hit the ball better with more demanding irons as well. Perfect example, today I'm at PGA SS and just couldn't find a grooved swing with AP1s. I hit them fine but just not flush. Grab a Mizuno MP 4 and everyone is pure.

While l love the extra distance the Xr Pros give I think their real advantage is being able to miss them and still almost going as far as perfect contact. I've found myself closer to pin high on more holes per round than I can remember. What I'm missing is the ability to feel more precise with them. Don't get me wrong, hitting greens in general is fun....but I feel like I hit it closer with more "demanding" irons...specifically AP2s and the one round I played with the VPCs was ridiculous.

I I think if I play a few rounds at my home course with both, and a few on other courses a "winner" will emerge.

Thanks for your feedback.

I know we have touched on the finish but this is poor quality from an iron only a few months old
3e970477ba69c2081c5c98e2a96153db.jpg

I know we have touched on the finish but this is poor quality from an iron only a few months old
3e970477ba69c2081c5c98e2a96153db.jpg

I would contact Nike CS, I'd think they'll want to make that right.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'll contact them and see what they say, if nothing I may as well remove the paint myself

I'll contact them and see what they say, if nothing I may as well remove the paint myself

Any update? Interested to hear how Nike handled this..

Heck, I'd just lightly sand it down to the silver. Looks better that way anyway

Heck, I'd just lightly sand it down to the silver. Looks better that way anyway

That silver pvd is how they are sold on Rakuten. Vastly prefer it knowing how bad the wear is on the black.

Pretty big miss by Nike on that black finish. Pity. Hope they take care of you.

Just ordered myself a set of Nike Vapor Pro combo irons, KBS Tour stiff shafts and Tour Wrap grips.. Cant wait until they arrive :)

For some reason in the UK we are unable to order the A wedge in this set so I need to order a 50deg wedge.. Any recommendations out there for a wedge that I should be looking at that suits these irons?

ta..

Last edited:
Taking these out today for a single round because, well, why not? Been a while since they've seen the outside.

I've hit some of my best irons shots ever with these clubs. I think it has a bit to do with the shaft in them but I love the feel of a crisp ball strike with these.

I've hit some of my best irons shots ever with these clubs. I think it has a bit to do with the shaft in them but I love the feel of a crisp ball strike with these.

I'll be honest, I'm putting them in play today because of the shaft and finalizing if its what I'm installing into my XRP's or not.

Are you still rolling with the dg pros?

If anyone ever finds a set of these in like new or new condition, please let me know!

Back