Nike VR Pro Wedges

Cheers, so the faces are not black at all?

How many rounds have these seen?

How many rounds have these seen?

They are a very different colour outside than they are inside.. I went ahead and started uploading a face pic from outside for reference..

In terms of rounds, probably 6-10. That said, they've seen a LOT of range time.

scaled.php

what a difference the light makes, thanks mate, decision made :D

have to admit that's the route I am thinking of going too. How is the colour holding up?

The finish does not hold up at all. One range session and it was marred. I don't mind though.

Went to get them today but they had non in stock at all. Ended up ordering a 52 and 56 in Black Oxide for delivery on Tuesday. Decided to remove the 60* from the bag as I don't use it that often anyway

Went to get them today but they had non in stock at all. Ended up ordering a 52 and 56 in Black Oxide for delivery on Tuesday. Decided to remove the 60* from the bag as I don't use it that often anyway

Well done Mike!! I am also only playing with 2 wedges right now, but I have been pondering the 58 lately.

If I had been using my current 60* during rounds then I would have ordered one as well. Seeing as I hardly ever use it I decided not to bother and free up a space in the bag again.

These look so much better in hand than they do in pictures. Can't wait to get them to the course to see how they perform

I got the call yesterday that mine were in. Going to pick them up tonight. I got a 50,54+58 in Black Oxide to go along with my new VR Pro Combo's. I can't wait to get them out tonight and try them out. It will be the first time I have had wedges other than what comes in a set of irons.

Saw these yesterday, getting get a chance to hit them, but holly frig they are beautiful.

I just wanted to post and update on my 56* wedge. I am still loving it. I think it is one of the best wedges and I have ever hit. I can't wait to get my 52* in later this week. I think it is really going to fill the 85-90 yd gap I have. Here are a few updated pictures. I think the rust is coming in nicely and I can't wait for it to come in fully. I think they will look sick then.

IMG_9061.jpg

IMG_9065.jpg

IMG_9063.jpg

nice pics dmb...how soon did that rust start to appear?

I am jealous of your picture taking skills DMB..

Do you clean your VR Pro often? I am finding a couple variations between what you're posting and what mine look like.

I am jealous of your picture taking skills DMB..

Do you clean your VR Pro often? I am finding a couple variations between what you're posting and what mine look like.

I think I have cleaned it twice since buying it. I didn't play for about a month, due to traveling. I think that is when the rust really set in. I might try cleaning it and see what happens.

I think I have cleaned it twice since buying it. I didn't play for about a month, due to traveling. I think that is when the rust really set in. I might try cleaning it and see what happens.

If I get a chance this aft I'll snap a few of mine.. I clean mine religiously both on the course and off, and i feel like it's definitely reducing the amount of rust that is present.

If I get a chance this aft I'll snap a few of mine.. I clean mine religiously both on the course and off, and i feel like it's definitely reducing the amount of rust that is present.

I would love to compare to see what less rust looks like.

JB, how are yours looking now?

I just got my wedges on Tuesday and have a total of 4 rounds and one trip to the range with them. My round yesterday was during our C.C. Championship and we got caught out in a couple showers. I dried them off each time after the rain stopped, but at the end of the round I noticed that they had already started to rust. It doesn't bother me at all since I knew they would rust, I am just surprised how quick it started.

Canadan,

I just cleaned mine with a dish washing sponge. It did wonders to the rust. I just wanted to see if it would come off, for the people that like the finish with out rust. Here are some pictures of the results. Does this compare to yours?

IMG_9066.jpg

IMG_9068.jpg

IMG_9067.jpg

2 rounds and some practice with my wedges so far. No sign of any rust appearing as of yet. Won't be long though I suspect

Canadan,

I just cleaned mine with a dish washing sponge. It did wonders to the rust. I just wanted to see if it would come off, for the people that like the finish with out rust. Here are some pictures of the results. Does this compare to yours?

Yeah dude, very similar!!! Well done, now I can continue to be lazy haha!

Any feedback from you guys on the grips? did you switch them out, and if so, to which ones?

I don't think the stock grips fine... especially compared to the previous Vr grips nike used.

But regardless I always switch all my grips to Lamkin Crosslines until I find something I like better.

Back