Non-OEM head covers

Love my Golfers Journal broken tee driver cover. So so good.

Don’t quite know what happened to it but I had a Daphnies Duck head cover to commemorate my duck hook.
Point Pointing GIF by BrisbaneBroncos

The earlier ones I had were sports team related. Then moved on to some patriotic themed covers. Now I am all over the map, but I do try to keep it simple. And almost never use an OEM cover. For drivers, I generally don’t like to advertise that I am using the latest / greatest new launch by displaying the new OEM cover. I would rather fool people to have them think I am an OKish golfer when it’s really the new tech under an older headcover - hah!

My first one was a dog cover for my driver that my kids got me for Father’s Day. My thing now is to purchase a fun headcover at a nice course that I visit. I do it because it helps remind me of great memories.

I feel like it was a beaver or groundhog. Something like that. I won it in a THP prize pack around 2010.

Unsure what my first was, but this one from Daphne's is my favorite.

1703170696269.png

First non-oem was a cheap putter cover to replace a lost one... lame.

First non-oem that I bought because I wanted it was the Palm golf St. Jude driver cover. It's still in the rotation, but there are a few others I lean towards now.

I think I went from using old used clubs and covers that came with the bag to new clubs and having joined the forum...so I never had the in between phase where my clubs came with OEM covers and I didn't yet know they weren't cool. They shut in a Rubbermaid tub along with all the outing logo towels and off brand giveaway balls I'll also never use.

Back