NorCal Crew hangout thread

Welcome Jim!:hello:

You have definitely come to the right place. While I'm not necessarily in Sac I do live right above it. Some good courses in the area are Teal Bend, Catta Vedera and Haggin oaks (Allister Mackinze Course). There are a ridiculous amount of golf courses in Northern California, all within an hour. Some noteable ones are Turkey Creek in Lincoln, one of my top favorites to play and also Lincoln Hills in Lincoln. There is also Yocha Dehe about an hour from Sac, I try to go once every 6 months, it might quite literally be the nicest golf course I have ever played. Also for cheaper, I have heard that the one next to Mather AFB is on the cheaper side and not bad overall, do not quote me on that though. Also when are you available to play? Im usually only good for weekends, mainly Sundays but I get out on the occasional Saturday also (my wife hates golf). Oh and welcome, I'm new also but everyone here has been great, not just this thread but all of THP so far is pretty darn awesome.

Excellent! I only live about 8 minutes away from Haggin Oaks and I've spent a couple days there already, although I haven't gotten a chance to play the Mackenzie course yet. I joined the Sac City Golf Club to get the discount card but the sheer abundance of courses around here is overwhelming.

I've got a bit of free time these days since we moved out here for my wife's job and I'm still in the job hunt so I'm relatively flexible around house chores and meetings. Weekends are a little tougher for me at the moment since all our family is so excited that they want to get together all the time, although I'm sure that will fade. ;)

Thanks! I've been in dc for 5 years but I should have also said that I'm originally from Santa Rosa, so of course the first thing I did is sign back up for my ncga membership!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Welcome back to California, the weather has been great. FYI, at least a couple of us are planning to play Yocha Dehe Saturday April 30th @ 2pm (so far me and Pliny I think). If you want to join us, let me know and come on out.

Welcome back to California, the weather has been great. FYI, at least a couple of us are planning to play Yocha Dehe Saturday April 30th @ 2pm (so far me and Pliny I think). If you want to join us, let me know and come on out.

Thats a definite option, I'll check with the bride and let you guys know.

Hey all,

I just moved to Sac from DC and am trying to figure out my golf life here in the Capital. What are the must plays around Sacramento and who wants to get out with me?

(Also, if for some reason this isn't the right regional page to post to, someone please point me in the right direction.)

Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Welcome to Sac. Lots of great golf in the area and as a huge bonus, NO humidity. Hope to tee it up with you some weekend.

In case you missed it, the link to our 2nd annual NorCal/SoCal event is below. Hopefully you can join in the fun.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?81000-2016-UnOfficial-NorCal-vs-SoCal-Thread

yep I'll be there!

Welcome! Like the others said, bunch of courses around the area. We finally got some rain this year so they should be in great shape. Weather is great right now but, it gets HOT in the summer so get ready. Haggin Oaks has an awesome pro shop, lessons, random seminars, etc. They have a big show coming up at the end of the month. Bunches of manufacturers, fittings, etc.

I finally returned from a 2 week black hole at work to check in. I've popped over to the Nor Cal / So Cal thread and it looks like another fine event. August is a terrible time for me to ask for time off, so I'm to try and start gently poking for it early. :angel:

I finally returned from a 2 week black hole at work to check in. I've popped over to the Nor Cal / So Cal thread and it looks like another fine event. August is a terrible time for me to ask for time off, so I'm to try and start gently poking for it early. :angel:

Do it emmers! It's going to be a really great time.

Pliny and mancest - are y'all setting up Golf Gamebook for your round on 4/30?

Pliny and mancest - are y'all setting up Golf Gamebook for your round on 4/30?

Sure, I'll set it up. Still trying to gather two more players!

Yeah, can't believe we haven't gotten another one for that round. A buddy of mine that lives in SF is thinking about it, but hasn't committed.

If not, Pliny and I will fly around the course.

We've got our work cut out for us at La Purisima. That is one tough course! I didn't have the best day and ended with a 92. Played from the blues at 6700, but that course can punish. Should be fun for our event.

Yeah, can't believe we haven't gotten another one for that round. A buddy of mine that lives in SF is thinking about it, but hasn't committed.

ill get at my brother again and see if I can get him to commit, but it's a long drive for him unfortunately.

We've got our work cut out for us at La Purisima. That is one tough course! I didn't have the best day and ended with a 92. Played from the blues at 6700, but that course can punish. Should be fun for our event.

After playing there, Jockos will be a huge treat to those of us that go.

After playing there, Jockos will be a huge treat to those of us that go.

I'm definitely joining in that this time. I'm gonna need some beef and a brew after getting my ass handed to me by the course! It's going to fun I know that much!

I would much rather be golfing and attending the Expo with you guys than attending a wedding...

TheHeez,
Thanks for the recon. Oh, and you're going to love Jocko's.

Just sold my house today, going to celebrate with a game at Alister McKinzie in the morn! Going to walk with my Clicgear and have a good time.

looking at homes and a membership at Somerset golf in Reno Nevada. I'll let you know how that turns out!

Congratulations!

Just sold my house today, going to celebrate with a game at Alister McKinzie in the morn! Going to walk with my Clicgear and have a good time.

looking at homes and a membership at Somerset golf in Reno Nevada. I'll let you know how that turns out!

Congrats brother!

I'm definitely joining in that this time. I'm gonna need some beef and a brew after getting my ass handed to me! It's going to fun I know that much!

Glad you've come to terms with the fact that you don't stand a chance at LP. I'm headed up to Monarch today to get some practice in.

Glad you've come to terms with the fact that you don't stand a chance at LP. I'm headed up to Monarch today to get some practice in.

Well in my defense, I doubt our event will be from the Blue tees, I also drank a few beers in celebration of a friend's birthday and truly, I feel like I've got a better feel for the course since it had been 2+ years since I'd played it. I actually think it's quite the opposite, my driving has been good and now I know those greens a bit more, I would expect a much better score next time. Are you going to be able accept losing at home?

Just finished refinishing my first putter guys! I picked up a beat up Scotty Newport two TEi3 from the Classifieds thread and figured I'd fix it up. It took me a few days as its my first one. I ran into a hiccup with the copper paint fill its pretty much the devil! I'm overall pretty happy with it, I made a few mistakes here and there but for the most part I love it! Just thought I would share with you guys

135cb94928043cf56f4fdd275bb3dc90.jpg
7cd871fee2f908f24c176f81c7071ebd.jpg
f83568d95ae034fb513b29e71a00f6a7.jpg
7fdc87c9967327435920cd0c512fabf9.jpg
94b250a4e40ee42e12c75b188ebcc1a7.jpg
c29400b623421e605be0d67812321fc0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks pretty good! How long did it take you?

Looks pretty good! How long did it take you?

About 3 days, I took my time though couldn't work on it as much as I wanted, had to watch the kid and work and stuff lol

Back