NorCal Crew hangout thread

Cool, looks like new! How did you pull the shaft?

A heat gun, then put the shaft in my bench vise and the head came right off

Trying to get my game in shape for Yocha Dehe this weekend (still think we only have 2 if anybody wants to join us!) and hit the range last night. Finally feel like some of the things I learned in my lesson are starting to come together.

Will work short game tonight since I need work around the greens and in the bunkers, then back to the long swing on Thursday I think.

Trying to get my game in shape for Yocha Dehe this weekend (still think we only have 2 if anybody wants to join us!) and hit the range last night. Finally feel like some of the things I learned in my lesson are starting to come together.

Will work short game tonight since I need work around the greens and in the bunkers, then back to the long swing on Thursday I think.

Good job! My game is still somewhere other than with me, but oh well it will be fun!

Good job! My game is still somewhere other than with me, but oh well it will be fun!

Oh, it is all a work in progress, my golf game is like a Clint Eastwood movie, Good, Bad and Ugly. too bad most of it is Ugly...

I played Hunter Ranch on Sunday and had the pleasure of playing from the tips. Had a few too many doubles but also snuck in a couple birdies, one on the 190 yard par 3 14th and the other on the par 4 18th (stuck an 8i to 6").

Lately I've been starting to have this wicked pull hook miss. On the 18th hole I gave myself a slightly more neutral grip and it led to a perfect tight draw, really excited to play again and see if its something to lean on. My driver has come alive after the adjustment to 10.5*, just launching these big high draws, so excited to keep that flight. I don't envy the so-cal guys.

Played Diablo Grande on Sunday. Messed up several holes including #15 (yes, hit the same house) but still had a raw 106.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Yep I do like it. That is where my name came from. I stood in that line last year for 6 hours, yes 6! I'm a dumb dumb. I was the designated driver too,lol. So I gave all my wrist tabs to the others in my group so they could drink my four youngers. I had a taste of one then just drank a couple regular ipa's, blind pig and plinyelder which both are better then younger hands down! If you are an ipa fan Russian River is a must!

for anyone going to the golf Expo at Haggin Oaks they will have all the Ben Hogan irons and new hybrids there for demo.

I know for damn I can't play those so I will most likely skip them, but FYI.

Yep I do like it. That is where my name came from. I stood in that line last year for 6 hours, yes 6! I'm a dumb dumb. I was the designated driver too,lol. So I gave all my wrist tabs to the others in my group so they could drink my four youngers. I had a taste of one then just drank a couple regular ipa's, blind pig and plinyelder which both are better then younger hands down! If you are an ipa fan Russian River is a must!

I'm going to be up in Bodega Bay for my birthday next month and plan to pull the b-day card to get over to RR for some Pliny the Elder. Love that stuff!

for anyone going to the golf Expo at Haggin Oaks they will have all the Ben Hogan irons and new hybrids there for demo.

I know for damn I can't play those so I will most likely skip them, but FYI.

I was just there an hour ago working on the driving range so I don't embarrass myself at Yehee this weekend! Not sure it helped, lol.

I was just there an hour ago working on the driving range so I don't embarrass myself at Yehee this weekend! Not sure it helped, lol.

I am going to hit the range tonight, supposed to play Yocha Saturday with you, then San Geronimo on Sunday.... need to get my swing right!

I'm going to be up in Bodega Bay for my birthday next month and plan to pull the b-day card to get over to RR for some Pliny the Elder. Love that stuff!

yep it is fantastic. But try the blind pig too, it is their original IPA and it is awesome! They also have some very good sours on tap if you are into them, awesome stuff.

Yeah buddy! Throw down in the desert.

So I saw a technique about weight shift recently which I tried today at the range. I was having an issue getting my weight on my front side in a smooth transition/tempo.

The instructor said on the way back, put your weight on your back heal, on the way forward consciously switch it to your front heal. Wow, this really helped me...for now lol. Making that conscious choice took my usual thought of moving my hips out of the equation and I was making nice contact. I'll mess it up though!

Seems like the last poppy rounds 10 days ago went well, call outs have gone well. Let's organize something else informally soon. Some have mentioned they want to come to sac, but the bay, up north or Central Valley would be good. Anybody have any ideas?

im still down to show you around Alister McKinzie or any other club in my area.

Seems like the last poppy rounds 10 days ago went well, call outs have gone well. Let's organize something else informally soon. Some have mentioned they want to come to sac, but the bay, up north or Central Valley would be good. Anybody have any ideas?

im still down to show you around Alister McKinzie or any other club in my area.

I know there is a lot of interest in Half Moon Bay.

Golfmoose.com needs to run one of their specials again.

groupon also has a ton of great NorCal specials. Apple mountain among them.

Back