NorCal Crew Outing (19-20MAR)

You all rubbed off on me...bought a Clicgear 3.5+ in SF Giants orange! Lol probably still riding for our venture though. I use it when I'm out by myself.

Nice and GO GIANTS!!! I'm actually thinking about riding myself especially playing 3 days straight.

You all rubbed off on me...bought a Clicgear 3.5+ in SF Giants orange! Lol probably still riding for our venture though. I use it when I'm out by myself.

Nice purchase man. My setup is all black and red but I'm a Giants fan too so that orange is great as well.

Hi again! So, do we anticipate having any live scoring so our THP brothers/sisters can follow us? Is there an app we need to download? I would love to keep our people informed on how our three days of golf are going!

Hi again! So, do we anticipate having any live scoring so our THP brothers/sisters can follow us? Is there an app we need to download? I would love to keep our people informed on how our three days of golf are going!

We should be able to get it setup on Golf Gamebook!

I would agree that all 3 days should be on GameBook, with pictures if possible.

There is still a slight chance that I can get the time off Friday, I will let you know Monday.

I won't be able to play Saturday. I'm picking my wife up at SFO at midnight Friday instead of Saturday night as originally planned. My days of going 24+ hours w/o sleep are long past.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

We should be able to get it setup on Golf Gamebook!

I went to the Gamebook website and updated the Poppy tee/rating info so it's accurate now. Let me know if you want any help setting up the rounds.

I went to the Gamebook website and updated the Poppy tee/rating info so it's accurate now. Let me know if you want any help setting up the rounds.

Since we're not doing match play or anything, I guess the best thing would be to track individual scores. My user name on there is mr.hicksta for those I'm not friends with yet. I'll put it on the first post as well once we get going!

For those of us (if any besides me) that haven't played Poppy Hills yet:

The website has a course tour that is very detailed with flyovers, graphics, written hints, video hints with instruction. I'd recommend taking a look as it's really helping me visualize the round and helping with strategy.

But for some reason, they seem to think I can make the ball go where I'm aiming.

http://poppyhillsgolf.com/course-tour/

I would agree that all 3 days should be on GameBook, with pictures if possible.

There is still a slight chance that I can get the time off Friday, I will let you know Monday.

I won't be able to play Saturday. I'm picking my wife up at SFO at midnight Friday instead of Saturday night as originally planned. My days of going 24+ hours w/o sleep are long past.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Duff, sounds good about the Friday PoppyRidge time, just let us know when you know!

I played yesterday at Saddle Creek for the first time, it was very nice! I really enjoyed the course! Played again today at Empite Ranch in Folsom with my new ClicGear 3.5+, I had a great time! Love the cart!!!! Worked flawlessly and was a joy to not pay the starter for a cart! Lol

For those of us (if any besides me) that haven't played Poppy Hills yet:

The website has a course tour that is very detailed with flyovers, graphics, written hints, video hints with instruction. I'd recommend taking a look as it's really helping me visualize the round and helping with strategy.

But for some reason, they seem to think I can make the ball go where I'm aiming.

http://poppyhillsgolf.com/course-tour/

Hahaha! Based on today's round, I might be bringing my shag bag with me :bulgy-eyes:

I checked the 10 day forecast this morning and it looks like 3/20 is going to be wet. 50-60% chance of rain so come prepared!

For those playing Poppy I got an email about playing during march and getting a $25 gift card to use at the course.

Play Golf at Poppy Hills. Get Paid.
Each time you play you will received a $25 Gift Card for purchases throughout the property including Poppy Ridge!

$100 Monday - Thursday: Golf, Cart and $25 Gift Card
$125 Friday - Sunday: Golf, Cart and $25 Gift Card

Use Promo Code: GETPAID
Valid thru 3/31

So hopefully all of us can get $25 gift card to use on something.

I checked the 10 day forecast this morning and it looks like 3/20 is going to be wet. 50-60% chance of rain so come prepared!

That should make it more Fun

Just makes my purchase of rain gear worth more and more each time. Already worn it 4 times this year, another couple this month will be no surprise.

Just makes my purchase of rain gear worth more and more each time. Already worn it 4 times this year, another couple this month will be no surprise.

I'm thinking about picking up one of those Nike rain suits since they're $99. Which one do you have?

I'm thinking about picking up one of those Nike rain suits since they're $99. Which one do you have?

I have a couple, one is a galvin green goretex set that cost a pretty penny, then I have a foot joy jacket and Nike storm fit pants that I got on clearance.

The Galvin green is slimmer fit so it is something I wear if I know it is going to rain and wear it all round. The other is what I pack if it looks like we might skate through weather but need it as insurance.

Having gone on a few trips to Bandon I invested in multiple sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I don't have any rain gear because I don't usually play in the rain. Rain doesn't worry me as much as wind does.

I don't have any rain gear because I don't usually play in the rain. Rain doesn't worry me as much as wind does.

I grew up playing in Oregon, if you wanted any golf between Oct-April you better have some rain gear and waterproof shoes. If you live on the Oregon coast, you better have some rain gear and learn to love wet and windy conditions otherwise you are not going to play much at all.

Down here we can be a lot more picky on conditions, but like you I would take rain over wind any day.

So guys, I was creating the Golf Gamebook events for the weekend. I need to know the following...

1. Are you guys planning on a closest to the pin or long drive at Poppy Ridge/Laguna Seca? Which holes?
2. Other than stroke play, do we want any other games/challenges in any of the rounds? Do you guys want to do net stroke play or gross?

Once I get those answered I'll post up the join & follow codes for each of the rounds. If you don't plan on using Golf Gamebook let me know.

I contacted PoppyRidge this afternoon to determine which of the three nines we will be playing for those that signed up for the 18th.

It appears they assign us to particular nines based on the determined tee time, we are teeing off at 1030 and will start with MERLOT and finish the 18 with CHARDONNAY.

looking forward to the experience. Now we all can check out the website and see what's in store for us!

So guys, I was creating the Golf Gamebook events for the weekend. I need to know the following...

1. What nines are you playing at Poppy Ridge? Merlot and Chardonnay
2. Are you guys planning on a closest to the pin or long drive at Poppy Ridge/Laguna Seca? Which holes? I wasn't going to setup either at Laguna Seca
3. Other than stroke play, do we want any other games/challenges in any of the rounds? Do you guys want to do net stroke play or gross? I'm good with stroke play either way, and I'm open to any other games/challenges.

Once I get those answered I'll post up the join & follow codes for each of the rounds. If you don't plan on using Golf Gamebook let me know.

I just sent you a PM :D!

I just looked at the Poppy Ridge flyover, and man talk about a contrast to Poppy Hills! I suspect I'll enjoy Poppy Ridge more, haha!

I just looked at the Poppy Ridge flyover, and man talk about a contrast to Poppy Hills! I suspect I'll enjoy Poppy Ridge more, haha!

Big contrast that's for sure! It can be long too! Looks like although there aren't any trees, there are lots of gully's etc.
If we play the blues, yardage is almost 6700, nice! Some long par 3's. Let's do it!

Big contrast that's for sure! It can be long too! Looks like although there aren't any trees, there are lots of gully's etc.
If we play the blues, yardage is almost 6700, nice! Some long par 3's. Let's do it!

By the way, I talked to Mrs. Hicksta tonight about Poppy Ridge and I'm definitely in. This is going to be an awesome weekend!

By the way, I talked to Mrs. Hicksta tonight about Poppy Ridge and I'm definitely in. This is going to be an awesome weekend!

Well that's awesome, in glad you are going, it will be a treat for all of us since we hadn't played there.

I called each course to find out when they planned on airating (sp) the courses. Poppy Ridge on the 29th, Laguna Sega on the 21st and Poppy Hills already did it, three weeks ago!
Good timing!

Back