Northeast Wisconsin Golf Thread

Our 4 person team is looking for subs on June 2nd. We'll all be in Marquette playing Greywalls, but we need to field 4 players in our place. If any THP'ers would be interested in helping us out, there's a 5:44 tee time at Midvallee waiting for you, just let me know.

If I don't need an official cap I would be happy to help out.

If I don't need an official cap I would be happy to help out.

I'm not sure what kind of handicap is needed. I'll check tomorrow and let you know.

I'm not sure what kind of handicap is needed. I'll check tomorrow and let you know.
Ok, thanks. Poor wording on my part btw. I don't carry a cap at all right now is what I should have said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

So who's all playing this weekend? Supposed to be gorgeous in the 920.

I'm going to play somewhere this weekend in the GB area.

Any opinions on Ledgeview?

My personal opinion it's ok but I'd spend my money elsewhere. I have only played it in early March. Your average farm field turned golf course type place.

My personal opinion it's ok but I'd spend my money elsewhere. I have only played it in early March. Your average farm field turned golf course type place.
It does seem kinda pricey based on what I have seen of it. Its like 5 minutes from where I live, which is why I asked.

It's fabulous in November, December, January, February (and sometimes early March) when it's the only place open.

Their rep, at least among those I golf with, is it's usually the last place to close and the first to open. They spend the bulk of the summer trying to recover from that.

It's fabulous in November, December, January, February (and sometimes early March) when it's the only place open.

Their rep, at least among those I golf with, is it's usually the last place to close and the first to open. They spend the bulk of the summer trying to recover from that.
Open during the winter?

If no snow on the ground. One time I played it was rock hard and 6 deep at the first tee
Nice

Playing RSP right now. The wind sure does make it tough.

Playing RSP right now. The wind sure does make it tough.

As a single or paired up. I tried to go yesterday at 6 and they were "too busy" to accommodate me. Might look elsewhere unless I can plan out far enough.

Single, with my gf riding along. They were just finishing up with a tournament, so it was crowded when we got there at 3:30. By 4:20 everyone was at the bar, and the course was wide open.

Single, with my gf riding along. They were just finishing up with a tournament, so it was crowded when we got there at 3:30. By 4:20 everyone was at the bar, and the course was wide open.

Oh yea. I heard that while deciding to buy a bag of balls last night. 2nd time in 3 weeks. I like Nick, but I'm getting sick of the course so busy I can't just walk on. I need a golf course that runs about 1:15 9's. I hate the pace of play (especially when a ton of people feel the need to walk that course)

I can't speak to the pace of play since it was my first time, but I was playing behind a twosome and had to wait a bit, not long, and no one was behind me, so it wasn't a big deal.. The course is very nice and well maintained. The only thing that bothered me was the un-repaired ball marks, and the three-club wind, has been windy every time I have been there. I suppose that's just early season Wisconsin golf, but there is nothing to block it.

I can't speak to the pace of play since it was my first time, but I was playing behind a twosome and had to wait a bit, not long, and no one was behind me, so it wasn't a big deal.. The course is very nice and well maintained. The only thing that bothered me was the un-repaired ball marks, and the three-club wind, has been windy every time I have been there. I suppose that's just early season Wisconsin golf, but there is nothing to block it.
Very true. I had a two club (probably 3 club) wind last Sunday. It was almost unbearable. It's just a different type of golf.

I think i'm going to give Chaska in Appleton a try again. Havent' been there in years, but the fact it's a Larry Packard design (Innisbrook) intrigues me enough to give it a shot again.

Full Bridgestone golf ball fitting details in 920:

6/18/16 Mascountin Country Club Berlin. 10a-3pm.
Open to public.

Very true. I had a two club (probably 3 club) wind last Sunday. It was almost unbearable. It's just a different type of golf.

I think i'm going to give Chaska in Appleton a try again. Havent' been there in years, but the fact it's a Larry Packard design (Innisbrook) intrigues me enough to give it a shot again.
It is a different type of golf. The tourney pin positions didn't help either. Lol
I want to play there again under better conditions.

What do you think of the visual cues from the tee? I think on many of the holes it appeared to be tighter than it really is.

That's just perception. People have complained for years how "hard" RSP is, hitting the fairway, but they actually had the USGA measure them, and area wise, they are the largest landing areas in the valley i guess. It just has to do with the visual off the tee. Placed in the right spot, your tee ball sometimes has quite a bit of landing area.

That's just perception. People have complained for years how "hard" RSP is, hitting the fairway, but they actually had the USGA measure them, and area wise, they are the largest landing areas in the valley i guess. It just has to do with the visual off the tee. Placed in the right spot, your tee ball sometimes has quite a bit of landing area.

Exactly what I found. I didn't find it very hard, apart from the wind. It did give me some trouble at first not knowing where to aim, lined up too far left and drove a few through the dogleg. A little course knowledge would go a long way there.

Full Bridgestone golf ball fitting details in 920:

6/18/16 Mascountin Country Club Berlin. 10a-3pm.
Open to public.

Where did you find this? I'm really interested in going to do that, but can't find anything on their website.

I found it just on the Bfit section; i put 54911 in and then set it at 50 miles or so... I got a dozen entries from the regional Milwaukee area, and then Mascoutin which isn't really that far.

Back