Northern, Nj, NYC, Westchester and Long Island, Ny

Yeah, 129 is a lot! Centennial is on teeoff.com as well as GolfNow and their DealTimes looked reasonable last year.

Centennial is on teeoff.com for $75-80 (69 after 12p) on Monday.

I just registered for the MGA Play Day at New Jersey National on July 18. The NJSGA and MGA have about 20 events between them for the year and it can be a great opportunity to play a private course that you may have been wanting to play.

You have to belong to a MGA club (handicap purposes) and it's $100 for continental breakfast, lunch, range balls, shotgun start, cart, and gross and net prizes. I played two events with NJSGA in 2014 (Copper Hill and Trump National - Pine Hill) and had a fun time at both.

Details are here: http://www.mgagolf.org/membership/play-days

Played Split Rock last weekend. Course is in decent shape- but it took forever. Almost 5.5 hours.

Played Split Rock last weekend. Course is in decent shape- but it took forever. Almost 5.5 hours.
Yea. I played Pelham this past weekend and took 4:45. Not terrible but at least the course was in good shape.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Anyone know of any courses open this weekend? I have an acquaintance who made reservations for Wind Watch. I'll give Bethpage a call as the week goes by as well as Brentwood CC. If not, then another range weekend.

Granted, it's pancake flat Long Island, but somehow Wind Watch offers a highly unusual combination of mountain and Floridian golf

Anyone want to play this weekend? My schedule has fully opened up.

Anyone interested in playing Centennial Golf Club (http://www.centennialgolf.com/) on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday (7/25-7/27)? I'm looking to get out probably late morning, early afternoon.

Made a tee time for 2:10 on Tuesday 7/26 at Centennial Golf Club. Playing Meadows to Fairways. This slot has the twilight rate so it's only $41 for the round, a cart and a bucket of balls. It's a great deal. Anyone who wants to join, there are still slots left open.

Made a tee time for 2:10 on Tuesday 7/26 at Centennial Golf Club. Playing Meadows to Fairways. This slot has the twilight rate so it's only $41 for the round, a cart and a bucket of balls. It's a great deal. Anyone who wants to join, there are still slots left open.

Figured I'd bump this one last time. Anyone interested in a round tomorrow?

Has anyone played Bethpage Red recently? Playing on Sat morning.
I played Red two weeks ago and it was in great shape but with the Barclays coming up, the first hole has been converted into a par 3. Last week, I walked down Black 18 to finish my round and looked over at Red 1. I was really disappointed to see new temp tee boxes about 140 yards out from the green. ?

Stan

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Can anyone suggest a good public course within 30 min or so of Manhattan? A work group is looking to play early one Friday and we need to get back at a reasonable time. Bethpage or Ballyowen are too far, and we'd rather not pay for Ferry Point.

Can anyone suggest a good public course within 30 min or so of Manhattan? A work group is looking to play early one Friday and we need to get back at a reasonable time. Bethpage or Ballyowen are too far, and we'd rather not pay for Ferry Point.
Hmm... IMO, the courses near Manhattan are only adequate. Your choices include:

Dyker Beach
Silver Lake
Marine Park
Van Cortlandt
Pelham Bay / Split Rock

Out of these, I would go with Silver Lake first, Marine Park second, then Dyker Beach. I have not played the last two because Pelham is remote for me without a car and pace of play is poor at Van Cortlandt. All of the ones I listed are accessible by transit.

If you have more courses, I'd love to hear about them.

Stan

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

There's Skyway in NJ. It's only 9 holes. I think either Rick Shiels or Peter Finch did a vlog on it last year if you want to check it out.

30 minutes is tight depending on time of day from midtown to any of the places. Personally, I like Ferry Point but it is expensive and Fridays are weekend rate.

Yeah Ferry Point is a great course but we also have a few non residents so it stings more than it would otherwise.

Should have mentioned that we're all very familiar with the city courses and are looking for something new. Could stretch the drive time to maybe 45 min which I know brings Galloping Hill into play, maybe others in CT or Westchester?

Anyone know the status of the courses at Bethpage? Back to normal operation? Was thinking of getting in a round on Tuesday.

Played Bethpage Green today. When did they fill in the large green side bunkers on 18? Makes it easier going at the green, as you can now miss left.

Played bethpage blue yesterday. Decent shape....just glad to be playing in February.

My goal this year is to try and play a couple of the MGA Play Day events. Anyone ever attend one? Thoughts about those events?

Whats your go to course on the island or queens? I hit Bergen often, and once the county courses close for maintenance, I usually head to Sunken Meadow.

Whats your go to course on the island or queens? I hit Bergen often, and once the county courses close for maintenance, I usually head to Sunken Meadow.

I'm typically either at Sunken Meadow or Bethpage.

Mill Pond, Pine Ridge, Spring Lake, Middle Island and Willow Creek on LI. Mill Pond being the best for value and layout at the moment.

Not tried Sunken Meadows but tis on the list this year, I tried the nearby Crab Meadows which wasn't to bad and we have be out to Tallgrass which was very good.

Forest Park in Queens and that is on a Wednesday morning for a local 18 before work. Usually play Dyker & Marine in the winter though.

We normally go out to LI or NJ for golf, NJ being better for traffic so easier to get to.

Mill Pond, Pine Ridge, Spring Lake, Middle Island and Willow Creek on LI. Mill Pond being the best for value and layout at the moment.

Not tried Sunken Meadows but tis on the list this year, I tried the nearby Crab Meadows which wasn't to bad and we have be out to Tallgrass which was very good.

Forest Park in Queens and that is on a Wednesday morning for a local 18 before work. Usually play Dyker & Marine in the winter though.

We normally go out to LI or NJ for golf, NJ being better for traffic so easier to get to.

Another great course is Mansion Ridge in Monroe, ny. A Jack Nicklaus siganture course.

Another great course is Mansion Ridge in Monroe, ny. A Jack Nicklaus siganture course.

Indeed it is. I used to work for the pro there a god few years back. Though I've only been to the course twice, and I've only played 32 holes. Last time out was the end of last year and I managed the full 18 and came home with an 80 on the card. Only part I don't like is a couple of the par 5's are a bit unfair very very hard to get to in 3 and almost impossible to in 2 shots, other than that is up there, prices have come down since the first time I played too, better value now.

Back