Northern, Nj, NYC, Westchester and Long Island, Ny

My goal this year is to try and play a couple of the MGA Play Day events. Anyone ever attend one? Thoughts about those events?

I've played a few MGA Play Days (2015 - Harbor Links and Patriot Hills, 2016 - New Jersey National) and NJSGA Member Golf Days (2014 - Copper Hill and Trump Pine Hill). It's a great chance to get on some courses that you might not have the opportunity to play. I don't mind playing golf with random partners so it doesn't bother me signing up as a single. I played NJN with three guys from NY who had known each other for years and we had a blast.

The MGA schedule hasn't been released yet: https://www.mgagolf.org/membership/play-days, but the NJSGA schedule is out: https://www.njsga.org/competitions/member-golf-days/

I have the signup on my calendar for The Ridge (played this course in a few charity outings) on Aug 7 and Forest Hill (I don't think I would refuse a Tilly course) on Aug 17.

Indeed it is. I used to work for the pro there a god few years back. Though I've only been to the course twice, and I've only played 32 holes. Last time out was the end of last year and I managed the full 18 and came home with an 80 on the card. Only part I don't like is a couple of the par 5's are a bit unfair very very hard to get to in 3 and almost impossible to in 2 shots, other than that is up there, prices have come down since the first time I played too, better value now.

Groom golf does an amazing job manging the course. My only compliment is the iron only driving range. Tough but fair course and a good pace of play.

I've played a few MGA Play Days (2015 - Harbor Links and Patriot Hills, 2016 - New Jersey National) and NJSGA Member Golf Days (2014 - Copper Hill and Trump Pine Hill). It's a great chance to get on some courses that you might not have the opportunity to play. I don't mind playing golf with random partners so it doesn't bother me signing up as a single. I played NJN with three guys from NY who had known each other for years and we had a blast.

The MGA schedule hasn't been released yet: https://www.mgagolf.org/membership/play-days, but the NJSGA schedule is out: https://www.njsga.org/competitions/member-golf-days/

I have the signup on my calendar for The Ridge (played this course in a few charity outings) on Aug 7 and Forest Hill (I don't think I would refuse a Tilly course) on Aug 17.

Thanks for the feedback. I usually play as a single during my rounds and get paired up with strangers anyway....so that wouldn't be a big deal for me during the events.

Itching to get back out on the course.....smacking balls on the SkyTrak in my garage isn't cutting it anymore lol. Bethpage was still closed today. When is all the snow going to melt???

Bethpage blue and yellow open today. First tee of at 10am....heading to the course after breakfast with the fam!!

We should try to get a group metro ny THP'ers out this season. What are your thoughts?

We should try to get a group metro ny THP'ers out this season. What are your thoughts?

I'd be interested in getting together.

I'm down.

Been a while since I posted in here and been a while since I last picked up my sticks. Actually thinking about going to Heartland this weekend if the weather isn't too soggy. Gotta see if I can still swing a club.

I'm down.

Been a while since I posted in here and been a while since I last picked up my sticks. Actually thinking about going to Heartland this weekend if the weather isn't too soggy. Gotta see if I can still swing a club.

What's up ET? I thought you moved. Let me know if you want to get a round in. I just played bethpage blue yesterday. Will most probably get a round in this weekend or monday, if it's not raining or gusty winds

What's up ET? I thought you moved. Let me know if you want to get a round in. I just played bethpage blue yesterday. Will most probably get a round in this weekend or monday, if it's not raining or gusty winds

I though I was moving too, but I didn't. Doubt I can get in a full round in this weekend, which is why I'm hitting up the par 3.

I know there are some THPers that only hang out in here since this was announced, but I wanted to drop a note and say if there was ever a time to venture out, this would be it.
I mean we are giving away free trips (yes plural), gear and more all over the THP Forum.

I know there are some THPers that only hang out in here since this was announced, but I wanted to drop a note and say if there was ever a time to venture out, this would be it.
I mean we are giving away free trips (yes plural), gear and more all over the THP Forum.

Totally agree. I think all of us would love to be invited to one of those events.

I just posted a informal get together to meet some local THPer's because I usual go out as single.

Played Timber Point for the first time today since Bethpage is still closed. It has some nice scenery and could be a really nice course if it was kept better....but the conditions aren't that great. Overpriced IMO. Fairways and greens are even nicer at Sunken Meadow.

Weekend is shaping up to be a nice one compared to the other weekends we've had. Might go out for 18 at Bethpage. Anyone one want to join?

Weekend is shaping up to be a nice one compared to the other weekends we've had. Might go out for 18 at Bethpage. Anyone one want to join?

You know I'm always down. When you going? I'm off tues and wed....looks like rain tues so probably play wed.

You know I'm always down. When you going? I'm off tues and wed....looks like rain tues so probably play wed.

I can only do weekends :(

Next Wednesday I am going out for at least 18 maybe 36 holes anyone around?

I might be making a business trip to NYC on May 19th. If it pans out, I would like to try to play Bethpage Black on Saturday, which is probably a tough tee time. Would anyone want to join?

I might be making a business trip to NYC on May 19th. If it pans out, I would like to try to play Bethpage Black on Saturday, which is probably a tough tee time. Would anyone want to join?

I'm down to play another new Tillinghast course and nothing is on the calendar so far. Would be good to see you again too!

I'd join you but unfortunately I'm working that weekend.

I'm down to play another new Tillinghast course and nothing is on the calendar so far. Would be good to see you again too!
Sweet. Hopefully it works out.

Trying to play the black course this summer for the first time. Any tips before I make my tee time? Wondering when the least crowded time of the summer is.

Thanks

It is always busy, so there is know better time then the other. I would try to play as early as possible otherwise it could be a long round. Play the right tee's because the course is a beast from any tee box.

Trying to play the black course this summer for the first time. Any tips before I make my tee time? Wondering when the least crowded time of the summer is.

Thanks
I've been going out to Bethpage regularly for the last year and, surprisingly, the Black course usually has walkup tee times within 1-1.5 hours of your arrival at the check-in desk. I get there early though, usually 6-730a. Whenever I call in to the reservation system, it seems to me like the early tee times are blocked out for walk-ups anyway.

I'll check on Black tee times over the next few weekends and report back.

Stan

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I've been going out to Bethpage regularly for the last year and, surprisingly, the Black course usually has walkup tee times within 1-1.5 hours of your arrival at the check-in desk. I get there early though, usually 6-730a. Whenever I call in to the reservation system, it seems to me like the early tee times are blocked out for walk-ups anyway.

I'll check on Black tee times over the next few weekends and report back.

Stan

I arrived at Bethpage this past Saturday around 815a and I snagged my first tee time this year on Black for 931a. There were plenty of foursomes available after 950a.

My suggestion is that if you are a single player, and don't mind the wait, walk on and don't worry about making reservations. Even with a foursome, the wait isn't too bad and you can use the time to relax, warm-up, etc.

Stan

Back