Northern, Nj, NYC, Westchester and Long Island, Ny

DNice26 and I are thinking about getting out on Saturday 10/27 at a course TBD (probably somewhere between us) if anybody else is interested in some fall golf.
I might be available that day I think

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
The public courses that I see between @DNice26 (Rockland County, NY), @greekelite's party in Boonton, and me (07076) are Sunset Valley ($62+cart), Knoll (West is a Banks course..price TBD?), and Meadows (not the best, but it's the first place where I broke 80..45/55 before 11a, 35/45 after 11a, although subject to better GolfNow prices). Black Bear is an option and I haven't been there in a couple years.

Anybody else have options and/or want to join us?

The public courses that I see between @DNice26 (Rockland County, NY), @greekelite's party in Boonton, and me (07076) are Sunset Valley ($62+cart), Knoll (West is a Banks course..price TBD?), and Meadows (not the best, but it's the first place where I broke 80..45/55 before 11a, 35/45 after 11a, although subject to better GolfNow prices). Black Bear is an option and I haven't been there in a couple years.

Anybody else have options and/or want to join us?
So I think I figured out transportation to get the wife to North Jersey where I'd be heading after golf... So essentially I'm good to go! But if you guys had a different course in mind I'm good for whatever, I'm just glad I would have to go north, back to toms River, then back up to boonton

So I think I figured out transportation to get the wife to North Jersey where I'd be heading after golf... So essentially I'm good to go! But if you guys had a different course in mind I'm good for whatever, I'm just glad I would have to go north, back to toms River, then back up to boonton

The weather isn’t looking good for Saturday and I may need to head up to Boston on Sunday for work. I think we may need to pick another weekend? I really would like to get out though, before season end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The season is getting closer. If anyone needs to get fit for clubs see Sonny at Pete’s golf. He is an amazing fitter.

The season is getting closer. If anyone needs to get fit for clubs see Sonny at Pete’s golf. He is an amazing fitter.

Everyone at Pete’s is awesome. That’s where I do my club fittings. Sonny fitted me for my putter. Pete fit me for the first time I went there. Started taking lessons with Kirk and he’s been doing my fittings since. Kirk is great. I went from a nasty avg hacker slice to a nice draw...dropped hdcp from 20’s to 11.8. They don’t BS either. If what you have is working for you and they don’t see changing clubs/specs would help....they don’t try to sell you.

Last edited:
Northern, Nj, NYC, Westchester and Long Island, Ny

Where are they?

Edit: Mineola! Cheers!

Where are they?

Edit: Mineola! Cheers!

They are also in Golf and Body in the city. That is were I got fit.

Woody at Pete’s is good too! Haha cool to see a lot of us go there.

I think we need to figure out a day to have a metro NY get together.

I think we need to figure out a day to have a metro NY get together.

I’d be interested. I’m in Rockland county.

I’d be interested. I’m in Rockland county.

Where in Rockland? I grew up in New City.

Garnerville, North Rockland area.

I played 18 at Douglaston on Sunday. Went too early and enjoyed the cold. Ground was pretty hard when we played. Not great but the course was packed in the afternoon and I’m sure it played better. The winter seal has been broken!

I played 18 at Douglaston on Sunday. Went too early and enjoyed the cold. Ground was pretty hard when we played. Not great but the course was packed in the afternoon and I’m sure it played better. The winter seal has been broken!

If Douglaston was even playable then its in much better shape than Pelham. Course is not in playable condition.

Ha... Clarkstown North or South? I was North, class of '85. I lived in Congers until 2015.

Ha... Clarkstown North or South? I was North, class of '85. I lived in Congers until 2015.

Class of 92 at North

Class of 92 at North

Very cool. My younger brother was closer to your age, maybe 2-3 years older. Do you know Matt McDonald, by any chance?

Do you have any older brothers or sisters who I might know?

Very cool. My younger brother was closer to your age, maybe 2-3 years older. Do you know Matt McDonald, by any chance?

Do you have any older brothers or sisters who I might know?

No older siblings here. I knew your brother but not super close

Planning on going out Saturday morning - haven't picked a course yet so open to suggestions if someone wants to join.

I'm playing Preakness Valley West on Wednesday at 10:16am with my buddy Joe from work (and new forum member). Come join us and prepare to be underwhelmed, but have a good time with Joe.

Ash Brook (Scotch Plains, NJ) is having free play on Tuesday, 4/23. It's walking only, but they are offering free push carts (while available). I played there on Sunday and this morning and it's super wet so bring your old shoes.

How is the season going? The weather isn’t helping us.

Just got a six pack of lessons at pga ss. I live in nyc so I could go the nj location or Long Island location. Anyone have reccomendation on instructor

Back