Not safe for your eyes!

TimG3394

Lost: Center of clubface
Reaction score
Handicap
9ish
Mr. Panda

I need a little help. This is my second time hitting balls since October so I knew I would be a little rusty. It looks like my dreaded OTT/early extension/chicken wing has come back during my winter season. Any tips for me to work on. I use to play a push draw and now everything seems like a pull due to the OTT.

What do you think? Thanks!

Driver

Driver 2
<strong>[video=youtube;25h-R6-BAEE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25h-R6-BAEE[/video]

7 iron

<strong>[video=youtube;iukvsxY-p6I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iukvsxY-p6I[/video]

Bump with another video.

I just noticed how far I am standing away from the ball, that and swing path swings my extreme toe shots at times. Ugh my swings a mess I need some lessons

Last edited:
I can't view any of your videos

Yikes, ok I'll try and fix it sorry

Ok, I made all the videos "public" not sure if that solved the problem. If not, I'll fix it after work.

They worked. To me it looks like your shoulders start your downswing before your hips, so when your hips engage, your shoulders are already turned through causing that pull. I'll let fk give you the fix, but that certainly looks like the cause

sent without the boss's knowledge...

Freddie will fix you right up I know it. The first thing that just jumped out to me was you seem to be sliding or swaying instead of rotating around your spine. Your aware of your OTT move. Overall you kept it together nice with such a long break.

hey tim im sure freddy will get you fixed up.

i have been working on the OTT this winter as well some things that have worked for me

1. you seem to have a pretty good position at the top.
2. from there drop that right elbow toward your right hip instead of from the top unwinding everything at the ball.
3. with the elbow and feeling like i am hitting the inside of the ball ( it feels like im going to hit the ball to the right but it doesnt go there) and my swing is going just to the right of the target has really helped.

i heard brent snedeker say when he gets in a funk with his ball striking all he trys to do is hit the inside portion of the ball if you try to do that its going to be really hard to come over the top.

hope this helps

I was able to view the video of the 3 Deep and your hips are fine as is your shoulder turn. Your hooks are caused by the flat takeaway. The club is so laid of at the top that it's impossible for you to drop the club into the slot. So as a result you are swinging around your body instead of down through the zone. The path of the club is going left from the top to the bottom

Rotate the shoulders and take the club straight back away from the ball. Do not take the club inside away from the ball. We need to get you more upright in your swing. If you maintain the knee and hip flex and get the club head moving straight back away from the ball, we can get an upright motion. The shoulders must continue to turn but we are redirecting the club back vs inside.

Heres a couple more from today Mr. Kong.

7 Iron

3W

Driver

man tim your swing looks really good in the new vids right on plane. how was the flight ?

I definitely had a much straighter flight today. I still need to get more on plane coming down, I really thought I was until I watched the videos. Still have some work to do but baby steps.

I definitely had a much straighter flight today. I still need to get more on plane coming down, I really thought I was until I watched the videos. Still have some work to do but baby steps.

yea but your on the right track now....now only if the weather would break

Try to fire that right knee toward the ball. It'll make your hip release tighter. You are also lifting the clubwith the hands which is giving you inconsistent postions at the top. Get the club head outside the right foot and fold the right arm with the shoulders turning as well. Remember the swing is complete once the left shoulder reaches the chin.

I was able to view the video of the 3 Deep and your hips are fine as is your shoulder turn. Your hooks are caused by the flat takeaway. The club is so laid of at the top that it's impossible for you to drop the club into the slot. So as a result you are swinging around your body instead of down through the zone. The path of the club is going left from the top to the bottom

Rotate the shoulders and take the club straight back away from the ball. Do not take the club inside away from the ball. We need to get you more upright in your swing. If you maintain the knee and hip flex and get the club head moving straight back away from the ball, we can get an upright motion. The shoulders must continue to turn but we are redirecting the club back vs inside.

Quoting this...for me as im struggling with the same thing

Panda will fix me up next weekend!

Try to fire that right knee toward the ball. It'll make your hip release tighter. You are also lifting the clubwith the hands which is giving you inconsistent postions at the top. Get the club head outside the right foot and fold the right arm with the shoulders turning as well. Remember the swing is complete once the left shoulder reaches the chin.

Got it thanks. I'll keep working and posting when I have some more video

Tim,

You've got some work to do. I grabbed each of your clips at setup, top and impact position and set them side by side.

The thing that jumps out to me first is you have a good athletic setup to the ball, however I'd like to see you work on getting your back (spine angle) straighter. Not just at setup but throughout your swing as a whole. As you get to the top of your swing, you start to stand up and by the time your back to impact your almost vertical. So much so that you have NO choice but to arch your back to try and get your club face back to the ball.
Once you get to the top of your swing, you start to lay off the club as well. This is usually do to a disconnected take-a-way. You can see this because at the top we like to see the club shaft run parallel to the target line with your feet, and we never do. The closest you come to this is in your swing with your 7 iron.
It also looks at though you have a casting motion in your swing on the way down. This is pretty common for a lot of golfers. I noticed in your 1st three wood swing that your club is outside (right of) the ball at impact. So this tells me your swing is coming over the top, or at least to the point where your coming inside out with a slice motion.

So where to start? Take away and club position at the top of the swing. You need to learn to get to the top before you can start to come down. Start by doing your best to keep your spine angle the entire time. I'd work on a one piece take-a-way, shortening your swing just a little to the point where your club shaft if getting down the same line as your feet. Once you can do this with more consistency, then I'd work on coming back down to impact position. It's not going to happen overnight, it's going to take some work.

Quick update and question.

So I am currently playing the best golf of my life. I have found my push draw and am hitting everything as long as ever. This has all started when I went with a stronger grip and dropped my right foot back in my stance. It looks VERY weird but it is working and will stick with it. I think (could be wrong) it allows me to come from the inside at the ball. Have you heard of this? Is it all mental? I am aiming a bit right (set up the camera poorly) but you can definitely see how dropped back my right foot is.

Anyways here are a couple video from today. Please ignore the outfit I have going, only shirt I had in my car after work. Both would be what I call great shots that started right and drew back to target.

3deep

5 iron

Is the camera direct behind you ?

I would say more towards behind the ball

Back