Oban Kyoshi White -vs- Tour AD-DI 6

Pirate95

Let it snow......
Reaction score
Handicap
OOB 13.6
I'm looking to upgrade my stock stiff Phenom shaft in my R1. I won't have the chance to test either of these in the R1 head. Has anyone hit either the Kiyoshi White or the AD-DI 6 in an R1 driver? Just your opinion on each would help me even if it's in another club. I have a smooth transition at the top and a SS of 107. Thanks for the advice!

Last edited:
Wow..... I guess no one at THP has hit an Oban Kiyoshi White or a AD-DI 6 shaft. Oh well, what can ya do.

A lot of people have hit the DI6. I know a few Morgan Cup participants had it in their drivers. However, narrowing it down to a specific combination with the R1 will definitely narrow the field.

With a smooth transition I'd go with the Kiyoshi. I think you'll like the production you get.

Wouldn't the purple be more equivalent to the DI6? I've not hit either so just going by what I have read

With a smooth transition I'd go with the Kiyoshi. I think you'll like the production you get.

I hope so.....thank you for your input, I will take your advice and go with the Kiyoshi.

I've got a Kiyoshi white being tipped for my R1 right now. Sounds like you've made your decision but I'll come back with some input later next week or so.

I just got back from my first range session with the Kiyoshi White.......impressed to say the least! It's hard to tell carry distance, though it looked farther, but the dispersion was crazy. If I was 10-15 yards off line that would be a lot it seemed.....I was using the 250 flag as my guideline. It appeared that I was getting much more roll out than with the stock Phenom, again I'm going by my eye in a side by side comparison. I'll know more once I get out to the course, but the feel was sweet and the smoother my transition the better the results.

I got the chance to play a round yesterday. I have to say I left feeling even more impressed. When I put a swing on it with a nice smooth tempo I hit the ball straight and long, really long. In fact I hit the three longest drives I've ever hit......292...294 and 304. All these were measured with my SkyCaddie Breeze on flat fairways and little or no wind involved. With the stock shaft my longest and sometimes not the straightest were in the high 270's and that was maybe 1-2 times a round if that. I'm very happy with my shaft change and the help from Tadashi pointed me in the right direction for sure. I also need to thank One-T for his advice in slowing my transition down when we played together in Orlando..........he changed my swing forever and I will never forget that!

Awesome that you are seeing success with the Kiyoshi! Sorry if I missed it, but what flex are you playing?

04... which is stiff for Oban
Awesome that you are seeing success with the Kiyoshi! Sorry if I missed it, but what flex are you playing?

Back