Odyssey 2 Ball - Still Popular?

KEV

Proud 2018 The Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
I was cruising around the Budget Golf site looking at putters this morning and came across the O Works 2 Ball. It got me thinking, I can't remember the last time I saw someone gaming one. Are these still popular? Does anyone here still play one?

Definitely still one of the top mallets played out there. But, the #7 has outpaced it so we just tend to see more of those now in comparison. Easily #1 and #2 in mallets played though.

I think Brice Garnett still used one to win a PGA event this year.

Definitely still one of the top mallets played out there. But, the #7 has outpaced it so we just tend to see more of those now in comparison. Easily #1 and #2 in mallets played though.

Do you, or anyone really, see them played at your local courses? I guess that's where this thought started, I just don't see them around our area anymore. The #7 is definitely the popular pick around here.

Hey we just played together in January!

But I like my putter, simple to line up the ball and putt. No worry about "Oh damn the line on my putter isn't exactly lined up to the line on my ball, etc. etc."

The aim is good, much better, as in my misses are a lot closer to the cup than they were previously. I just have to be a better judge of speed but that's on me, not the putter.

I don't recall seeing one in any bag at my local course. I tried one a several years ago and just couldn't make it work, but I've struggled with touch while using mallets anyway. After a short honeymoon period my lines weren't good with a 2-ball either though, it was definitely a rough patch of putting for me.

As far as mallets go, I see quite a few 2 balls still. I don't see as many #7s (or #7 styles) as the 2 ball I don't think..

I was cruising around the Budget Golf site looking at putters this morning and came across the O Works 2 Ball. It got me thinking, I can't remember the last time I saw someone gaming one. Are these still popular? Does anyone here still play one?

I definitely think they remain at the top of the options list, but additional mallet variations is bound to muddy the waters a bit.

Also, there are various iterations of the 2-ball that make a big difference. The 2-Ball fang is bound to be popular.

Do you, or anyone really, see them played at your local courses? I guess that's where this thought started, I just don't see them around our area anymore. The #7 is definitely the popular pick around here.
Yeah, there are three or four in daily groups that still play them, two white hot, one WHP, and one OWorks

Hey we just played together in January!

But I like my putter, simple to line up the ball and putt. No worry about "Oh damn the line on my putter isn't exactly lined up to the line on my ball, etc. etc."

The aim is good, much better, as in my misses are a lot closer to the cup than they were previously. I just have to be a better judge of speed but that's on me, not the putter.

I completely spaced off that you had that! I definitely should have tried rolling it when we played.

I still game mine along with my Toulon Long Island

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because I'm a putter ho I'm considering a White Hot XG 2 Ball center shaft to try out. Had I known about a center shaft model I may have bought one awhile ago. I've had trouble lining up the 2 ball in stores but am interested in seeing how a center shaft would do.

For me the 2-Ball is still one of the best alignment aids out there. I am playing the O-Works version right now. I’ve probably had 5-6 different 2-Ball models since they started designing those around the early 2000s. I don’t always go with that model, but it is one I keep coming back to.

I definitely think they remain at the top of the options list, but additional mallet variations is bound to muddy the waters a bit.

Also, there are various iterations of the 2-ball that make a big difference. The 2-Ball fang is bound to be popular.

Love my Red 2-Ball Fang S so far, could see me using it for quite some time.

yes, the fang one is my current back up putter

Looks like my really odd duck Works Versa 2-Ball Fang Tank Cruiser (counterbalanced) is going to knock my SeeMore Giant M1t out of the bag. It's more of swing thing than an alignment thing for me, but that 2-Ball just inspires confidence. I plan to get some auto pinstripe tape to place on the center of the 2-ball lineup. My ideal putter might be a face-balanced mallet with an insert and both 2-ball and RST alignment.

Have to see what happens with the flatsticks outside, though.

I just received the 2-ball fang tank for my birthday recently and used for the first time on Sunday. Putted great. Had a 3 10-15 that I holed including the one to nail an eagle on a par 5. My other putts were close and I made pretty much everything that i should have.

One other thing I noticed is reading the break better as I had a couple of nice reads.

My old Yes! Athena putter is permanently retired

I ended up putting a center shafted White Hot XG 2 Ball in the bag last weekend and had one of the best putting rounds I've had in awhile. Dropped a couple of 12-15 footers and had some other nice ones drop also. For some reason I struggle lining up the regular versions but with this center shaft the 2 Ball alignment is money for me.

I wish I would have realized they made a center shafted version earlier.

Back