Odyssey Ai-ONE and Ai-ONE Milled Putters Review

The downside of a long winter? You have a gorgeous putter at home, that you are stuck putting on a mat with.
Well, thats my situation right now, and for probably another month until the snow starts melting.

I have been rolling on a Putt Out mat since January, sometimes to just the mark on the mat, other times to the Pressure Putt trainer.

I hope that by this point I am fairly consistent with contact on the face, but when it does slip up, I still have a lot of confidence that the putts will be reasonably on target without much loss of pace. Am I seeing the full extent of the benefits of the Ai One Face at this point? I doubt it. Hoping it really comes clearer when I can start rolling longer putts outdoors in the spring.

Looks wise? Well I think it is one of, iff not the best looking putter I have ever owned. The finish, with its color changes between blue and black, depending on the angle the lights hit it, are really neat. The viewing window that shows you a peak at the backside of the insert, is a really nice touch.

The face, with it's differing milling patterns across the materials, looks very premium, especially close up. Odyssey could have done the same milling pattern across the face horizontally, continuing the insert pattern across the rest of the face, but they didn't and it looks incredible.

if there is one quirk about the look that I would change, especially on the 7S, there is the tiny piece of white odyssey swirl (bottom right of the Y on Odyssey)... every time I see it, I think it is a chip on the head lol.

My putter is paired with a StrokeLab SL90 shaft, and a Blue Lamkin Deep etch grip. In hindsight, I wish I had gone with the stock grip offering to give it a try. Other than that, I feel like the pairing feels/functions well, nicely balanced, and frames the ball very nicely at address.

At this point I am really just itching to start hearing putts hit the bottom of a cup, see how the ball really reacts on mishits (especially fron distance), and just see what sort of roll is put on the ball outdoors.

Spring is coming, well eventually anyways, and when it does the Ai One 7S hopefully has me draining more putts

20240329_112636.jpg20240329_112902.jpg20240329_113101.jpg20240329_113106.jpg20240329_113155.jpg20240329_113229.jpg20240329_113333.jpg

I rolled the 6T again at PGA SS. I know it’s inside but this one feels really good. The feel and sound have been nailed and the shape just inspires a ton of confidence me. I wish we could upgrade the shafts bc I would already own one if we could.

The Jailbird Mini CH continues to be a revelation for my previously mediocre putting. Nothing has changed other than the putter, but I am experiencing success on the greens and it is allowing my confidence to grow. Shot Scope had me at 1.72 strokes gained for my round yesterday against a 0 handicap benchmark. Given that I am basically a 5 index, I am thrilled.

The old man let me know that the greens are rolling pretty pure right now, which means I’m going to be spending some extra time out there this weekend with my SixT. The offseason slowly shedding away means consistency is no longer a good excuse and I think it’s going to be the best time to really learn about what kind of stroke I can repeat with this head

I’m pretty excited honestly. Absolutely invested in making putting easier.
I am SOOOOOO effing excited about the 6T experience for you this season.

This reminds me I’ve been SOOOO fixated on my Toulon Sea Island and AiONE Jailbird Mini that I also reshafted my AiONE Milled Seven T. 😬

Need to get that one back out this week some.

Thought I had a bit of a ho hum round putting with this today, but it ended up being a 1.93 strokes gained round. I had a 3 putt from long range, and missed a 5 footer I totally overread. That was countered with making 3 of 6 from 9-18 feet. The added shaft and head weight have made it seemingly easier to control speed. I had a few putts that were pretty toey that still resulted in gimmies, which makes it seem like the AI face is working. I have a little ways to go to be totally confident with alignment on short putts, but seeing some drop definitely helps there.

Noticed this when I was getting the bag ready this morning. While it doesn’t effect how the putter performs or how it looks as I don’t see it being on the bottom of the putter, but the PVB blue coloring seems to be wearing off. I didn’t expect to see that occurring so early but will continue to watch it.
Again just being transparent and it hasn’t lessened how much I am enjoying the Ai-One putter and how it has impacted my putting stats.

I would still recommend.
IMG_2947.jpeg

Noticed this when I was getting the bag ready this morning. While it doesn’t effect how the putter performs or how it looks as I don’t see it being on the bottom of the putter, but the PVB blue coloring seems to be wearing off. I didn’t expect to see that occurring so early but will continue to watch it.
Again just being transparent and it hasn’t lessened how much I am enjoying the Ai-One putter and how it has impacted my putting stats.

I would still recommend.
View attachment 9252906
Stop scooping golf balls with it 😜

Stop scooping golf balls with it 😜
I think I just figured out why…the turf from my fake grass for my sim is more course than grass on the green and I bet that could be the cause I scoop balls up with it.

The downside of a long winter? You have a gorgeous putter at home, that you are stuck putting on a mat with.
Well, thats my situation right now, and for probably another month until the snow starts melting.

I have been rolling on a Putt Out mat since January, sometimes to just the mark on the mat, other times to the Pressure Putt trainer.

I hope that by this point I am fairly consistent with contact on the face, but when it does slip up, I still have a lot of confidence that the putts will be reasonably on target without much loss of pace. Am I seeing the full extent of the benefits of the Ai One Face at this point? I doubt it. Hoping it really comes clearer when I can start rolling longer putts outdoors in the spring.

Looks wise? Well I think it is one of, iff not the best looking putter I have ever owned. The finish, with its color changes between blue and black, depending on the angle the lights hit it, are really neat. The viewing window that shows you a peak at the backside of the insert, is a really nice touch.

The face, with it's differing milling patterns across the materials, looks very premium, especially close up. Odyssey could have done the same milling pattern across the face horizontally, continuing the insert pattern across the rest of the face, but they didn't and it looks incredible.

if there is one quirk about the look that I would change, especially on the 7S, there is the tiny piece of white odyssey swirl (bottom right of the Y on Odyssey)... every time I see it, I think it is a chip on the head lol.

My putter is paired with a StrokeLab SL90 shaft, and a Blue Lamkin Deep etch grip. In hindsight, I wish I had gone with the stock grip offering to give it a try. Other than that, I feel like the pairing feels/functions well, nicely balanced, and frames the ball very nicely at address.

At this point I am really just itching to start hearing putts hit the bottom of a cup, see how the ball really reacts on mishits (especially fron distance), and just see what sort of roll is put on the ball outdoors.

Spring is coming, well eventually anyways, and when it does the Ai One 7S hopefully has me draining more putts

View attachment 9252560View attachment 9252561View attachment 9252562View attachment 9252563View attachment 9252564View attachment 9252565View attachment 9252566
I absolutely cannot wait for you to get back out on the course to get more dialed in! For me that Ai window is still by far the most unique aspect.

I think I just figured out why…the turf from my fake grass for my sim is more course than grass on the green and I bet that could be the cause I scoop balls up with it.
Yeeeeeep. It’s a common thing with 7 shapes for people on darker finished. If you scoop the ball a lot, the tips of the fangs on the sole tend to wear a bit.

I saw a 3TS in the wild, every putt that was made, I thought that could be me.

Yeeeeeep. It’s a common thing with 7 shapes for people on darker finished. If you scoop the ball a lot, the tips of the fangs on the sole tend to wear a bit.
Solution. Make more putts.

So couple of three putts but two putts through out the round which considering the course was aerated last week I give myself a break a bit (One of the three putts the ball just died from a sand patch.) I think my T Two milled as been very solid. A lot stronger on shorter putts overall. Interestingly I feel like maybe I’m not putting as great from long distances but maybe that’s just the greens I've been on lately as I putted really good at my tour event on really tough greens. My putting overall has to be atleast 50% more consistent than last year which is huge. I think maybe I just struggle mentally with playing blade as I’m so use to being mallet for so many years. Definitely can’t argue with the results of my putting though.

Got my eleven milled in love how it feels and putt ball off the face but is lighter then my eleven from last year I did order the wrong grip needed the over size and only thing disappointing about was the sticker on the shaft was off glue didn’t stay on

Seeing quite a few of the jailbird putters on tv. They are pretty easy to recognize.

View attachment 9252560View attachment 9252561View attachment 9252562View attachment 9252563View attachment 9252564View attachment 9252565View attachment 9252566
You are crushing it with your photos and write ups. The blue is a really good color and looks sharp for sure.
I rolled the 6T again at PGA SS. I know it’s inside but this one feels really good. The feel and sound have been nailed and the shape just inspires a ton of confidence me. I wish we could upgrade the shafts bc I would already own one if we could.
More shaft options would be nice. The 6T is an incredible shape. The feel is exceptional and rolls so smoothly.

28 putts during Friday's round. the Eight T is so good!

31 putts today with the Ai-ONE 7S. It was the only part of my game that was working halfway decently. The distance control is a big help for me, the 2-putt from about 60 feet on a par 3 today (had a 1 foot tap-in for the two putt!) was sure nice.

Ai-One DW first round ✅
Grass on the greens that allow me to tell a story of my experience? ❌

Greens aren't breaking how I KNOW they should, speed is hard to judge and I had seven or eight legit birdie chances and only cashed in on one of them. So can't really say much about the tech of the putter without better conditions. I'm rolling the ball end over end though and it feels good doing it! Just have no feel for speed or anything quite yet. I doubt I'm going to struggle with this putter though. It looks soooooo good down by the ball and the confidence I have standing over these putts is pretty big. Looking forward to real putts here in a couple weeks!

30 putts in my last round with the Ai One Jailbird Mini CH. I seem to get along a bit better with this one than I was on average with the Milled One T. I have mostly been a blade user over the last 15 years, so I will figure out what is going on with the Milled One T, but for now, the JB Mini is getting the spot in the bag. I've definitely had some putts that felt like misses but still ended up in the hole, which is intriguing, surprising and impressive.

30 putts in my last round with the Ai One Jailbird Mini CH. I seem to get along a bit better with this one than I was on average with the Milled One T. I have mostly been a blade user over the last 15 years, so I will figure out what is going on with the Milled One T, but for now, the JB Mini is getting the spot in the bag. I've definitely had some putts that felt like misses but still ended up in the hole, which is intriguing, surprising and impressive.
Would you want to fix what's going on with the One T if you're doing this well with the Jailbird?

Would you want to fix what's going on with the One T if you're doing this well with the Jailbird?
well, I need to sell it or make it better for me. I’m a ho so I lean towards the latter. 😂

plus if a shaft change helps with the One T, I may do the same thing with the Jailbird since I have had above average number of 3 putts with it

well, I need to sell it or make it better for me. I’m a ho so I lean towards the latter. 😂

plus if a shaft change helps with the One T, I may do the same thing with the Jailbird since I have had above average number of 3 putts with it
Yeah, I want to change to an All-In eventually. But I'm waiting until I actually see what the SL does once our greens normalize a bit

Back