Odyssey putter Blade

Maple Leaf

Reaction score
Handicap
I presently use an Evnroll ER2B Putter. I have recently retired and I have a high handicap but hope to reduce it by playing more in the year ahead. I wonder if I should be switching to an Odyssey putter. I seem to have problems with distance and control. I am wondering if I should be getting an Odyssey OG #1 or a two ball blade. What would be suggested and should I order a pistol grip or oversized grip given my age and less rotation with the blade putter.

Moved over to putter section. I’m sure THPers will chime in and help as lots of them are using Odyssey putters

Have you thought about having a putter fitting. I loved today's video from Edel e.g., but C.C. would have lots of options.

Have you thought about having a putter fitting. I loved today's video from Edel e.g., but C.C. would have lots of options.
Live in Canada. A stay at home order is in place. Pro shops are closed as are golf stores.

I like my two ball blade with triple track. It helps me with alignment. There are a few other putters I want to try later this summer, but not sure they will outperform the two ball blade.

If those are the only two you’re looking at and want to be as close as you can to the ER2B, I would make a small suggestion to go 1WS in the OG. The two ball will be more forgiving and easier to line up though. It just depends on what you wanna look down at. My distance control is also better with blades for the most part but I’m working with a mallet to get better

regarding grip, my preference is larger. My wrists get way too tense with skinnier grips and I’m more prone to being off line. But both of odyssey’s grips, the pistol and the oversized, are good options and both have worked for me. So take that as you will.

All those words to say, it’s up to you :p But you won’t be going wrong with whatever you choose. Odyssey’s are fantastic putters

That's a bummer you're still locked down! I came back after 14 years away from golf and just was amazed at what putters cost, so I would be afraid to drop 400 Canadian without trying something and having my stroke analyzed with each type of putter and loft. I paid 40. for a Topflite putter which moved me away from an odyssey blade and also into a thicker grip and I am putting much better. A thought; do you have any golfing buddies who will let you borrow their putters to get a feel for how you like them?

I don't think the putter manufacturer will help with distance calibration. A lot of people do not practice putting on a green enough. You probably just need to spend some time with tempo and distance drills.

But also, buy an Odyssey putter because they're great and you want to stimulate the economy.

Back