Review Odyssey TEN and Bird of Prey Putter Review

Still loving the SL Black Ten. Distance control is crazy good, I'm averaging 32 putts per round and very few 3-putts (28 putts today, with no three putts and 8 one-putts). The long alignment aid makes it so easy to line up - really helps my confidence, especially on those knee-knockers! It's been in the bag for five months now and I don't see anything unseating it any time soon.

The Bird of Prey was magic again yesterday with two lengthy birdie putts. I had a few more that could have dropped but did not. I played with three strangers yesterday that thought I was some kind of putting prodigy. I played it off like I am used to putting lights out. The truth of the matter is that I have always hated putting. I hate putting practice even more. I see putting as the only negative part of the game I love.

My scores are definitely trending down with a 79 yesterday and several nine hole scores in the 30s. I attribute this to working on my full swing and countless hours in the back yard chipping and pitching. I have not practiced putting at all in 2020, not one minute of practice other than rolling some putts before I tee off. The Bird of Prey has made my putting good without having to work on it. I am decent at reading greens and alignment is automatic with the BOP combined with Triple Track. The only thing I think about standing over a putt is speed control.

It is funny how a putter that fits me so well and works so good has not gained much traction at least that I can tell. Yesterday I shot 78 and the Bird of Prey was lights out!! I only sank one birdie putt and it was only a ten footer but I drained several 10-15 footers for par. Putting is the weakest part of my game but I refuse to practice, I just cannot get motivated enough to drive to the course for putting. I putt exclusively with a Triple Track ball and my routine starts with aligning the ball exactly on my starting line. Once I am standing over the ball I know without a doubt that I am aligned although it looks way different than from behind. The huge divining rod alignment stripe on the BOP is so easy to line up with the TT ball. All that is left is distance control and I can make a confident stroke and I feel like the ball is going to drop. Putters are personal for sure but I am glad that I happened upon the BOP that day at PGA SS.

It is funny how a putter that fits me so well and works so good has not gained much traction at least that I can tell. Yesterday I shot 78 and the Bird of Prey was lights out!! I only sank one birdie putt and it was only a ten footer but I drained several 10-15 footers for par. Putting is the weakest part of my game but I refuse to practice, I just cannot get motivated enough to drive to the course for putting. I putt exclusively with a Triple Track ball and my routine starts with aligning the ball exactly on my starting line. Once I am standing over the ball I know without a doubt that I am aligned although it looks way different than from behind. The huge divining rod alignment stripe on the BOP is so easy to line up with the TT ball. All that is left is distance control and I can make a confident stroke and I feel like the ball is going to drop. Putters are personal for sure but I am glad that I happened upon the BOP that day at PGA SS.

Mine isn't going anywhere. Superb alignment line.

BOP.jpg

Back