Odyssey Tri Hot Putters (2022)

I had the chance to roll some putts with the 1 today. I used Z Star XVs, because I most likely will play the Divide and CS X.

I felt like the balance of the putter was great. The finish was immaculate. The feel is that White Hot feel. If you like it, then this is more of that goodness.

I tried intentionally to hit some off of the heel and toe. The putter felt stable. I can’t really say that it felt much more stable than another blade style. I would probably need to compare similar heads and didn’t have the time to do that.

I believe it was @templeton80 who mentioned that the head felt heavy in whatever model he tried. I would agree that the head was on the heavier side of the spectrum, but that is by far my preference, so it was pleasing to me.

I think this is a really good offering. Whether people will flock to a mass produced Odyssey at this price point will be interesting to see.

I had the chance to roll some putts with the 1 today. I used Z Star XVs, because I most likely will play the Divide and CS X.

I felt like the balance of the putter was great. The finish was immaculate. The feel is that White Hot feel. If you like it, then this is more of that goodness.

I tried intentionally to hit some off of the heel and toe. The putter felt stable. I can’t really say that it felt much more stable than another blade style. I would probably need to compare similar heads and didn’t have the time to do that.

I believe it was @templeton80 who mentioned that the head felt heavy in whatever model he tried. I would agree that the head was on the heavier side of the spectrum, but that is by far my preference, so it was pleasing to me.

I think this is a really good offering. Whether people will flock to a mass produced Odyssey at this price point will be interesting to see.

Yeah, I am was not trying to say it was a bad thing. Just very noticeable to me, I think it would take a little getting used to then would be fine. Very nice putter line I think. For sure slightly on the pricey side.

Thanks so much for everyone's thoughts on the Triple Wide!

I’ve never been a white hot insert guy. Just too soft. BUT my local golf store has had these in for about a week and I can’t stop going in there to roll the Tri-Hot 5k #2 model.

Looks super classy in person. Will admit I’ve been turned off Odyssey putters a bit in the past as I’ve felt they just kind of look “cheap” compared to a fully milled putter (don’t shoot me haha). But these look high class. You can see milling marks everywhere. The black and silver finish is pristine.

Definitely a heavier head which I like. Limited on the length and break of putts I can hit at the store but it does give you a feeling like it’s more forgiving and gets the ball rolling super easily.

As for ideas I now have unnecessarily churning in my head to combat the soft feel…I’ve been considering a switch to the Left Dash ProV1x or the Chrome Soft X LS this year as I fight spin like crazy. But they’re a bit firmer ball than the ProV1 I normally use. Would love to see what the white hot insert feels like on a more “clicky” ball like that.

Next idea in my head is the shaft. I had a Paderson KINETIXX shaft in an Olson putter for a bit and the Olson head was too light so I didn’t love how it would swing. It also gave the Olson a bit firmer feel. So naturally, all I can think about is what the 5k would feel like with the KINETIXX shaft haha we shall see what happens. Might have to unload some stuff and put this plan in motion.

I got tired of waiting on my pre-order and ended up getting a Triple Wide from the bay that arrived today while I have no idea when my Double Wide will even ship. Last time I pre-order.

In any case, for those that may be wondering.

The Odyssey grip weighs 77g. Replaced it with a Superstroke Traxion Tour 2.0.

Bullet weight weighs 30g. Newer style with the rubber gaskets that just pops out rather than the original StrokeLab that were epoxied in place.

D1F75C77-5E9D-4E2D-8A22-F3F32AB97231.jpeg76B220AF-DB39-4BD3-87AF-FFE3814E0F5A.jpegD56ACF79-C8E5-4E2E-9D1F-39B56B5685EB.jpeg9157D40A-E0CD-42F4-AA53-5EA72387A1CA.jpegB2C125D7-7FAC-4EDF-9E2C-7202E8BEC674.jpeg

I got tired of waiting on my pre-order and ended up getting a Triple Wide from the bay that arrived today while I have no idea when my Double Wide will even ship. Last time I pre-order.

Bullet weight weighs 30g. Newer style with the rubber gaskets that just pops out rather than the original StrokeLab that were epoxied in place.

View attachment 9065810View attachment 9065811View attachment 9065812View attachment 9065813View attachment 9065815

That's good info, thanks. And hope the new Triple Wide is fantastic for you.

View attachment 9065810View attachment 9065811View attachment 9065812View attachment 9065813View attachment 9065815
What are your thoughts on the Triple Wide?

Can't wait to hear what you think! The TW looks outstanding!

Back