Odyssey Versa Putter Preview

Add me to the Versa #9 owners. Picked up one yesterday 35" black-white-black with a SuperStroke 3.0 grip on it.

At first I struggled with the no alignment line on it, then the sales rep told me the idea was to focus on the ball line. Realizing that up until then I had been focusing on connecting the ball line and the putter line together, it took me just a couple of strokes to make the change and I saw the ball rolling on the line. Was a real eye opener for me.

Really looking forward to taking this out on the course. Probably going to head to the putting green today for a bit.

Picked myself up a Versa 90 two ball white putter last week.
Been toying with one for a few weeks.

Gamed it on Sunday, my previous putts per round average (over last 20 rounds) was 37-38 putts.
Took just 29! Could not miss, well did once, from under 10 feet. Felt so confident and smooth. On the 11th hole i was stood over a 30+ foot putt for birdie, downhill. I had been putting well and setting the ball off where I was aiming on every putt. As I stood over it I said out loud "if only I could read a green".....you guessed it, the ball rolled true and dropped right in the middle of the cup.

Was a wonderful feeling stadning over putts expecting to hole out each and every time. Went out in 17 putts.....home in 12 (with a 3 putt)! I have never known anything like it!

Finding myself wanting one of these with a black shaft.

Without reading through the whole thread just curious if someone can answer this question. Does the Versa have the same insert as the White Hot Pro?

Without reading through the whole thread just curious if someone can answer this question. Does the Versa have the same insert as the White Hot Pro?

Was told they are a tad different with the Pro being softer

Rolled both a versa #1 and 2 yesterday at the PGA superstore. May the pondering begin!

Rolled both a versa #1 and 2 yesterday at the PGA superstore. May the pondering begin!

The #1 wide served me well for a long time

Back