6. Marcus Stroman, Mets RHP

Qualifying offers are in. $18.9M
  1. Trevor Bauer, Reds RHP
  2. Kevin Gausman, Giants RHP
  3. DJ LeMahieu, Yankees 2B
  4. J.T. Realmuto, Phillies C
  5. George Springer, Astros OF
  6. Marcus Stroman, Mets RHP

It will be interesting to see if any of them accepts the offer. And for those who don’t, what will they get as free agents given the uncertainties as far as revenues in 2021 and beyond.

It will be interesting to see if any of them accepts the offer. And for those who don’t, what will they get as free agents given the uncertainties as far as revenues in 2021 and beyond.
Agreed. Phillies front office noted that during the season about Realmuto. Curious to see what happens

Not too surprising.

No surprise here.

I definitely agree. I don't think any team would offer him a deal that even approaches what he has now. He only played in 18 games in 2019 and 23 games last season. A long term guaranteed deal with him is taking a chance.

Very happy to have Alex Cora back leading the Red Sox. Has his work cut out for him but have confidence he will have them back in contention in 2022, at the latest.

no 2021 thread yet so dont know if this goes here or in the future one.......

but what the hell are the white sox doing!!! I respect Tony LaRussa for what hes accomplished but he hasn't managed in 10 years. They had an opportunity to hire 2 managers who recently won World Series titles that shouldn't be available and neither can even get an interview due to Jerry Reinsdorf??? crazy

such a young talented core would thrive under either Hinch or Cora. What happened today is like saying (hypothetically) in early 2000's if LaRussa and Bobby Cox were available and yet you hired someone else
I'm still trying to ignore it. Maybe it didn't happen. Right? Right?

Jerry is a terrible owner. Time to sell Jerry. If they blow this core and don't win at least one ws... So white sox

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I’m out of the loop here, so I don’t know if it was expected. Either way it’s big news!

I’m out of the loop here, so I don’t know if it was expected. Either way it’s big news!

It was speculated this might happen but certainly not an expected sure thing

im still in shock for the second time around for cano..
i have a long list of yankee favorites and he was on there, i just cant believe it for a second time!

Some real BS flying around in Philly. Can’t say fans are very happy with how ownership is handling things.

Dick Allen passed away today. It’s a shame he won’t be there when he’s enshrined in the hall of fame.

Dick Allen passed away today. It’s a shame he won’t be there when he’s enshrined in the hall of fame.

Long-time Pirates announcer Bob Prince used to say of him (and a few others), "He can hit it out of any park including Yellowstone." Great player in an era of great players.

Long-time Pirates announcer Bob Prince used to say of him (and a few others), "He can hit it out of any park including Yellowstone." Great player in an era of great players.

It's amazing that he led the American League in 1974 with 32 home runs. No other player hit 30. Hard to believe when compared to this long ball crazy era. And he led another year with 37.

It's amazing that he led the American League in 1974 with 32 home runs. No other player hit 30. Hard to believe when compared to this long ball crazy era. And he led another year with 37.

He was always known as "Dick" but the media called him "Richie" (a nod to Richie Ashburn?) when he first came up. He was from Wampum, PA, and was sometimes called the "Wampum Walloper."

He was always known as "Dick" but the media called him "Richie" (a nod to Richie Ashburn?) when he first came up. He was from Wampum, PA, and was sometimes called the "Wampum Walloper."

He had some rather interesting seasons in Philadelphia with missed games, suspensions, trade demands and his one season of writing things in the dirt near first base with his cleats as he did everything possible to get traded.

Reports Pirates have traded 1B-DH Josh Bell to the Nationals for two pitching prospects. Bell was probably their highest value trade piece and the trade is a tacit admission that there’s so little left to tear down they might as well try to build. Pirates rebuilding is an oxymoron.

Wow!

I trust that the Rays know what they are doing. They habitually trade players or let them leave rather than pay them. But, first Charlie Morton left and now Snell is being traded. That’s a lot of pitching to lose.

And the Padres also added Darvish is a trade with the Cubs. Things are going to be interesting in the NL West.

Back