Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do it! Those shafts will be in my MC bag. I was pleasantly surprised with the results I got from them.

You absolutely crushed my Apex 3 iron with the Tour V in stiff.

I had no idea you had the Tour V Stiff. I'm even more excited now.

Yep. When I saw how you were hitting those in True Blue and thought those would be a fantastic fit for you.

I'm really struggling to be precise with my irons right now. I strike the ball fine but I just can't seem to keep a lock on the greens with them.

So; I have a hard ponder for some 714 AP1s with some Tour 90s. No way I'll pay retail but I really think those could help my game when I'm off even a little.

Thinking about a bushnell z6 since my v3 is acting up

For some reason I am pondering SLDR irons and SLDR S woods today!

Have to fill a gap. An X2Hot 3H in stiff would fit the bill.

The Flix has a stronger mechanism and has been much more reliable for me then the Pitchfix.

Thanks for the input, just placed my order. :thumb:

Looking for a new gap wedge. Love the Cleveland RTX 588 in the black finish and I hit it great. Also thinking about Hopkins or Titleist but haven't tried them yet.

Looking for a new gap wedge. Love the Cleveland RTX 588 in the black finish and I hit it great. Also thinking about Hopkins or Titleist but haven't tried them yet.

I have a Hopkins 50* you're more than welcome to test out when we play eventually.

I have a Hopkins 50* you're more than welcome to test out when we play eventually.

You just made my obsessing over the wedges even worse now haha. Hopefully we will be able to play soon.

Found something to ponder. I matte black putter shaft..

Found something to ponder. I matte black putter shaft..

I like this, I was thinking the same, ultimate blacked out putter with the SeeMore mFGP, and midnight super stroke.

I've got to drop my 3 iron for a 3 hybrid. I may use the 3 iron two or three times a round off the tee on long par 3's or short par 4's. In both scenarious I always find myself thinking I would be better off with a hybrid. My 3 wood is too long for these shots typically, and when I have a lot of room left on a long par 5 after a drive I either go conservative with a 5 or 6 iron, or go all out with the 3 wood.

So I'm thinking 910H with the same shaft in my driver and 3 wood, only heavier.

I like this, I was thinking the same, ultimate blacked out putter with the SeeMore mFGP, and midnight super stroke.

Kind of what I was thinking as well...I have a black headed Si2, so was thinking going silver paint fills, matte black shaft and midnight super stroke 3.0 in silver and black..

I'm really struggling to be precise with my irons right now. I strike the ball fine but I just can't seem to keep a lock on the greens with them.

So; I have a hard ponder for some 714 AP1s with some Tour 90s. No way I'll pay retail but I really think those could help my game when I'm off even a little.

What about a lesson ? Cheaper

What about a lesson ? Cheaper

More forgiving irons is something that will always be there. I'm not able to commit to a swing change at this point so lessons are not really an option right now.

More forgiving irons is something that will always be there. I'm not able to commit to a swing change at this point so lessons are not really an option right now.

A "swing change" isn't always the result of a lesson. At least a good instructor should work with what you have now and potentially add a single tweak. I wouldn't rule out a lesson and new irons. Because #Merica

I would love to be there the first time an instructor saw Curtis swing!

I would love to be there the first time an instructor saw Curtis swing!

I'm pretty comfortable with my lousy swing, but you should hear what some pros have to say...they don't hold back haha.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I'm pretty comfortable with my lousy swing, but you should hear what some pros have to say...they don't hold back haha.

The results don't lie...I just think it would be funny to hear them (or just see their face) after the first time. I think it works for you and any pro that could make subtle changes and resist the urge for a complete overhaul would be worth the money for sure!

Back on topic...I hear ya on more forgiving irons, I am going down that same path right now.

pondering a big brother alpha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back