Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a trip to Golfsmith today fully expecting to get a Cobra F6. After hitting it against my FlyZ and the King Ltd, on a monitor, I'm sticking w the FlyZ. Neither of those clubs could match backspin and carry numbers, and FlyZ had better dispersion.
And, I drove two shots over 260 carry and over 290 total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Other than waiting for my King LTD and J15 forged wedges, I'm looking at cart bags for the Clicgear 3.5. It's a tossup between the B3, C-130 and Nike Performance IV at the moment.

I just got the C-130 because I practically stole it from DSG for $138. I really wanted the Sun Mountain Sync but couldn't find one before I found the C-130. I've used it once and I like it so far.

I just got the C-130 because I practically stole it from DSG for $138. I really wanted the Sun Mountain Sync but couldn't find one before I found the C-130. I've used it once and I like it so far.

Yeah Discount Dan's quoted me a great price 2016 version. I get ready to pull the trigger, then I start thinking about the last time I got a cart bag. Needless to say, the stand bag stayed and I sold the cart bag on CL. My Air Hybrid II stand bag hasn't given me any issues on the Clicgear and I can remove the straps but having a little more room would be nice.

Last edited:
Yeah Discount Dan's quoted me $189 for the 2016 version, which is 30 cheaper than anywhere else I've seen it. I get ready to pull the trigger, then I start thinking about the last time I got a cart bag. Needless to say, the stand bag stayed and I sold the cart bag on CL. My Air Hybrid II stand bag hasn't given me any issues on the Clicgear and I can remove the straps but having a little more room would be nice.

You forgot the first rule of Discount Dans...

Mp15- Mp 5 combo set or AP2's

I hit them yesterday at a demo day and was incredibly impressed. Not sure about what shaft I should go with though.

I hit them yesterday at a demo day and was incredibly impressed. Not sure about what shaft I should go with though.

Mizuno Shaft Optmizer is a pretty spot on tool to help decide and any Mizuno seller with a fitting cart should have one.

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Heading over to Golf Galaxy in an hour or so, might see if they'll let me hit some with that without having to pay for a full on fitting

Dropping the 3W and 5W from the bag. 5 rounds in a row without hitting either.

Driver straight to Heavenwood is a good setup for me. Might have to copy JB and cut down a driver. I do have an Original CG Black sitting around here...

Also extremely impressed with the King LTD driver

Driver straight to Heavenwood is a good setup for me. Might have to copy JB and cut down a driver. I do have an Original CG Black sitting around here...

Are you gaming the V-Series or GBB HW?

My results yesterday with a 16* R15 driver at 44" were extremely good. I even hit it out of the rough 4 times and ripped every one of them. It's really a brilliant way to setup the bag.

My M1 3 HL may never see the grass if this keeps up.

I had this setup for awhile until I couldn't stop hooking the HW no matter what I did.

I had this setup for awhile until I couldn't stop hooking the HW no matter what I did.
I'm a 4w guy. A strong 3w in the 14° range gets too close to driver distance and doesn't provide much comfort off the deck. Never tried heavenwood but 4w in the 17° range to 3i is good setup for me

I'm a 4w guy. A strong 3w in the 14° range gets too close to driver distance and doesn't provide much comfort off the deck. Never tried heavenwood but 4w in the 17° range to 3i is good setup for me

I regret not getting the XR 4 wood. I don't use my three wood much at all.

I regret not getting the XR 4 wood. I don't use my three wood much at all.

Same here. I use my HW out of the fairway and my 3W off the tee on occasion.

Thinking about swapping out the XR 16 for the GBB 3W for the Opti Fit goodness.

I have some vouchers to a local golf shop, thinking of getting them to order me a MD3 wedge in.

Apex pro 2deg up with project X 6.0 the numbers don't lie and I'm not sure I'll find anything to beat that combo.

Tried Kbs tour and the launch and spin was too high.

Apex pro 2deg up with project X 6.0 the numbers don't lie and I'm not sure I'll find anything to beat that combo.

Tried Kbs tour and the launch and spin was too high.

Go for it dude! Sounds like a great combination.

Go for it dude! Sounds like a great combination.

Oh the ponder is serious and will be my first fitted new set. Need to see if I can get Callaway to install purple ferrules for me so I don't have to.

I got a month or so to make the order to have them for the Ohio gathering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back