Official Equipment Pondering Thread

going to test drive the Mizuno ST220Z and the Ping G425 Max drivers soon.

Curiosity got the better of me and I bought a Smart Sole 4 chipper. Course isn't open yet, but it was so fun using it on SkyTrack that I'm now pondering how I would fit it in my bag.

Putter grip…. That’s the ponder. I’m rolling with the Cobra SuperNova this season and can’t seem to get my hands comfortable.

Ugh I’m back here again. Spent the last couple weeks reading up on the new releases and listening to the off course episodes and it’s got me pondering an interesting mix of Callaway, Cobra and Mizuno…..this should be fun.
Wedges will be first.
Fairways after that.
Then irons.
Then driver.
This is going to be pricey haha

Ugh I’m back here again. Spent the last couple weeks reading up on the new releases and listening to the off course episodes and it’s got me pondering an interesting mix of Callaway, Cobra and Mizuno…..this should be fun.
Wedges will be first.
Fairways after that.
Then irons.
Then driver.
This is going to be pricey haha
and FUN!

No doubt! It’s fun just thinking about it haha I really think my favorite of the recent episodes was the one with Jose and it’s got me wanting some cobra in the bag and puma in the closet

I made the mistake of stopping by a Golf Galaxy and looked at tested out some putters. Oh dear...

I might look into updating my Odysee Rossie FB1 after 20 years.

Driver and wedges. No idea what I'll be looking at but both need to be upgraded ASAP

Pondering ordering some Hogan demos with regular flex shafts to either see if I need to make a change from stiff flex or put my mind at ease and work harder on my swing.

I am in hard ponder mode on a new driver. gotta hit them all and narrow things down, but I need to upgrade this year I think. the razr fit xtreme has served me well, but needs to be laid to rest.

After 10 years I have decided that my trusty Rocketballz driver will be retired. Will be testing out these 4 drivers with hopes of pulling the trigger in the next 3 weeks. Golf league starts at the end of April. Gotta get busy.

*TM Stealth
*TM SIM 2
*Callaway Rogue ST Max
*Cobra LTDx

I have 13 clubs. I’m pondering a wedge in the 60 degree range or maybe even a very low lofted 3 wood (I don’t feel I need either). Maybe a Smart Sole chipper

Which PXG driver to get???

Putter grip…. That’s the ponder. I’m rolling with the Cobra SuperNova this season and can’t seem to get my hands comfortable.

Same with me. Analysis paralysis. My Toulon came with a Winn grip, which is OK. I bought a Super Stroke to put on it, and it's OK, though currently not installed. I will probably return the SS, and buy a GP SNSR pistol grip. Or not. But I might. Or just put on the SS and try it for real. Ugggh.

Starting to see courses are set to open this week...really need to nail down a bag now.

Starting to see courses are set to open this week...really need to nail down a bag now.
Can you carry 13 Hy-Woods and a putter?

This may be a silly ponder considering I’m coming off a really good round with my wedges. I have one round under my belt with graphite shafts in my irons but I really liked the feel. I’ve been looking at some graphite wedge shafts. Im a little worried I’ll lose whatever magic I found, so maybe I’ll wait until my next round where I struggle with wedges.

I am pondering so hard about bringing a chipper to my bag. I have flashes where all aspects of my game are better than my handicap, but when it comes down to pressure of a sparks golf round or on the back half of a good scoring front 9, I tend to have slight yips. While no club can replace good technique, I'm thinking having that tool for the days where I am swinging a club vs just playing golf would be pretty awesome.

I am pondering so hard about bringing a chipper to my bag. I have flashes where all aspects of my game are better than my handicap, but when it comes down to pressure of a sparks golf round or on the back half of a good scoring front 9, I tend to have slight yips. While no club can replace good technique, I'm thinking having that tool for the days where I am swinging a club vs just playing golf would be pretty awesome.
The Cleveland Smart Sole chippers are really solid. I bought one recently and it's a really fun club to use. Can hit a lot more shots than just chips with it. You can find some good deals on the 4.0 version in satin if you're looking new.

The Cleveland Smart Sole chippers are really solid. I bought one recently and it's a really fun club to use. Can hit a lot more shots than just chips with it. You can find some good deals on the 4.0 version in satin if you're looking new.

You have no idea how much I appreciate your vote of confidence - especially given your handicap. In terms of the satin versus non - I think the newer black finish is calling to me but maybe I should look to see if I can find a satin under $100. Thank you for being an enabler for a guy that loves to just experiment.

Back