Official Golfing Weather Thread

Snow... full on mid day snow.... how am I supposed to get a round in before going back to work tonight?

Through my hell week at work only to have snow and 30s this week... Ughhh

the weather here looks absolutely awful for the next week or so. This is miserable

I woke up today to really bright sunshine and not a cloud in the sky. Its 42 degrees and 10mph winds... No golf today lol

Going to be 40s and windy when we are supposed to tee off Sunday. Should get into the 50s but the wind is what bothers me the most

Well, that was a nightmare today. 4.5°c, howling wind, rain, sleet then hailstones on the 18th like nothing I’ve ever experienced.

Mate took a video of it. Doesn’t really do the weather justice. 555 yard par 5, into the wind, drive, 3w, 7i and still a yard short of the green from 130 yards!

I played 18 today in the rain. As I was opening my car door to go home the sun started coming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually going to be cooling down a bit the first part of next week, then starting to warm back up approaching the weekend. The Spring winds are starting to pick up, but not terrible yet.

Screenshot 2024-03-23 at 5.25.30 PM.png

Well, that was a nightmare today. 4.5°c, howling wind, rain, sleet then hailstones on the 18th like nothing I’ve ever experienced.

Mate took a video of it. Doesn’t really do the weather justice. 555 yard par 5, into the wind, drive, 3w, 7i and still a yard short of the green from 130 yards!

Wasn’t much better yesterday.

4BBB

Missed about a 4” putt on greens rutted to blazes.

Hellish weather again.

It would put you off golf.

A beautiful WV morning without a cloud in the sky. It’s 25 degrees. Back to bed.

It was low 50s and windy in my round yesterday but wasn't too bad with the sun shining. The wind got old after about 6 holes though

Woke up to a light dusting of snow this morning! Gutting.

This was Friday there. Approach shot on the 18th. 130 yards from the middle and short with a 7i! The green was completely white with hailstones by the time I got to the ball which was 2-3 yards short.

That’s our first proper competition of the year cancelled for this Saturday.

Weather’s bound to be superb now!

Last edited:
Typical March….

Sunny and in the mid 60s all week. On Saturday when I have a tee time it starts raining nonstop at 2:00 AM and has not stopped.

This morning was low 40s when we started but warmed up to mid 60s quickly

in palm springs with my wife , played yesterday afternoon and wind gusts were 30 to 40 mph but still in 60's, today no wind but low 50's and rain, i was hell of cold in my shorts

Played yesterday. Hailstones from the first green to the third tee!

Cleared up and the drizzle got a good bit warmer though. Still played like a donkey on the front 9. Back 9 better and the weather cleared up a good bit.

This weekend was literally “a wash”. Tee times rained out Saturday and Sunday.

Looks like I should head to the course soon!

1712165365750.png

My arthritic joints have made me a fair weather golfer. It's 43° here right now and we are experiencing fairly high winds of about 40 mph. The winds are expected to increase
to be gusting to 45 mph. No golf for me. Either of those conditions would eliminate golf for me. Just 2 days ago it was snowing here.

Back