Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is THP doing a fantasy or rotisseries baseball league? Seems like it would be a blast since the football one was so much fun.

Is THP doing a fantasy or rotisseries baseball league? Seems like it would be a blast since the football one was so much fun.

We tried last year but it didnt seem to go anywhere. Im in if we start one.

Tough break for Cardinals fans. Going to be hard to fill Wainwright's spot. He was an awesome pitcher.

From what I have heard he is going to have Tommy John surgery. (not 100% positive but multiple reports say that)

Tough break for Cardinals fans. Going to be hard to fill Wainwright's spot. He was an awesome pitcher.

From what I have heard he is going to have Tommy John surgery. (not 100% positive but multiple reports say that)
That is what the local media is speculating right now, although not a sure thing yet. Reports are that the elbow has been an issue since about 04-05, but was never too painful and was still structurlly sound so it wasn't really operable. If they can get it done soon enough, he could be ready for 2012.

If the injury bug can stay away from the bats we might be okay if they can score a bunch. Tough to lose a #1 starter though, especially one of the top 3 guys in the league.

If THP doesn't do an official one I'm in to get together and do one with people off of here.

That is what the local media is speculating right now, although not a sure thing yet. Reports are that the elbow has been an issue since about 04-05, but was never too painful and was still structurlly sound so it wasn't really operable. If they can get it done soon enough, he could be ready for 2012.

If the injury bug can stay away from the bats we might be okay if they can score a bunch. Tough to lose a #1 starter though, especially one of the top 3 guys in the league.

Really unfortunate for the Cards. Some of the greatest fans in baseball. They don't deserve it, but injuries can strike at anytime. He did miss his last start of 2010 because of that elbow if my memory is correct.

think they're on the phone with the Phillies looking at Joe Blanton right about now? hmmmmmm

I cannot wait until Baseball season. I look forward to the end of the NBA season everyday. I can't stand watching professional basketball.

think they're on the phone with the Phillies looking at Joe Blanton right about now? hmmmmmm

I kind of wish the Rangers were on the phone with the phillies trying to get Lee back:)banghead:) or grab Halladay

Which MLB owner said this Until we win a National League championship, we’re not going to be satisfied with incremental progress.” , what a frekin joke

First Spring training game is in less than an hour! Im excited. :banana:

They are actually televising a game for us today. Im pretty excited.

I cannot wait until Baseball season. I look forward to the end of the NBA season everyday. I can't stand watching professional basketball.

My thoughts exactly.

This season can't start soon enough specially when one of my high school players well be getting drafted this year. Just a matter on if the money is going to be enough for him or he choose to go to college. I really hope he goes to school.

I think Blanton will be gone by mid-summer. I still think the Cards can survive in their division because it's so mediocre. The only team going to do anything is the Reds and even they couldn't beat a "good" team last year.

I think I'm going to take off work for opening day and just sit at home and watch as many games as possible. Anyone else doing the same thing?...Opening Day should be a National Holiday!

I think I'm going to take off work for opening day and just sit at home and watch as many games as possible. Anyone else doing the same thing?...Opening Day should be a National Holiday!

I usually do that I love it, it's one of my favorite days of the year.

I go to most of the Rays game every year and I'll definitely be at the home/season opener against the O's on the first.

I'm going to watch as many Royals games as I can stand. Hope they have a decent year. Here's to 81-81 and in contention into September. Anything else is a bonus.

Patiently waiting for the Brewers to not live up to expectations.

Patiently waiting for the Brewers to not live up to expectations.

Ha, I feel the same way about the cubs every year! Well Except this year I know they are going to stink!

Utley is going to have a rough year with that knee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back