Official Rant of the Day

Ouch on that $1500.00 water bill @GolferGal !

That just totally sucks. Hopefully it’ll get worked out.

My kid had a root canal yesterday and my EX didn’t tell me I needed to pay $350 before they’d touch him. We were there and it was scheduled so I paid, but was not happy.

That’s a drop in the bucket compared to that though. Yikes!

We had a leak. It didnt go down the drain. Have spent the last 2 1/2 months with no basement, living room, dining room, and kitchen. A complete disaster. Our water bill never approached 200. It was a long leaking water line to our refrigerator. Yours sounds like someone filled a damn pool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We learned it was a broken pipe underground just outside the garage near the air handler. The bill the month before was only $135 so it happened quickly, because within 30 days the bill went from $135 to $1500.

First thing is get a current meter reading it could be as simple as a fat finger or glitch in system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happened months ago, it has been resolved. Well, as resolved as it could be. Still ended up having to pay $732 or something like that, but better than $1500.

This happened months ago, it has been resolved. Well, as resolved as it could be. Still ended up having to pay $732 or something like that, but better than $1500.
Crazy you still had to pay that much when it was their pipe that burst.. I am glad that there was a resolution over having to pay the full amount as the new homeowners did not seem like they were going to be very helpful.

Crazy you still had to pay that much when it was their pipe that burst.. I am glad that there was a resolution over having to pay the full amount as the new homeowners did not seem like they were going to be very helpful.

It's a stupid rule by the city, they reduced the bill the most they could. And no, the new homeowners did not help at all.

It's a stupid rule by the city, they reduced the bill the most they could. And no, the new homeowners did not help at all.

Well hopefully the basement flooded on them then!

I can’t imagine making others pay for something that is my responsibility. What a craptastic rule.

Of note, when I sell my house I will make sure the utilities are out of my name the day I’m gone. I’d have never considered that prior.

Glad it was halved, but still-Jeesh.

Well hopefully the basement flooded on them then!

I can’t imagine making others pay for something that is my responsibility. What a craptastic rule.

Of note, when I sell my house I will make sure the utilities are out of my name the day I’m gone. I’d have never considered that prior.

Glad it was halved, but still-Jeesh.

This was in Florida so if we had a basement it would most definitely be flooded haha, since it's basically sea level there.

We had the water switched off the day we moved out, this happened during the last month of our bill, we just never saw the leak. It was an underground pipe on the side of the house, we never noticed any water. It was a completely freak, unavoidable thing. Super unfortunate, but I guess part of life sometimes, right?

The issue with the new homeowners was that they refused to send any paperwork showing that it was a broken pipe and it was fixed. Without that paperwork the utility company was not going to reduce the bill at all, with that paperwork they could at least get us down to the $732 mark. We had to get an attorney involved to get this resolved, which was unfortunate it had to come to that, but the new homeowners were completely uncooperative.

Since I started my job 2.5 years ago, I have had 3 different senior managers to report to.
Every year, we have to do a PPA (Personal Performance Analysis), and list our goals of what we want to achieve next year, how we need our manager's help, and we are supposed to work together to hit those goals.

Year 1: Manager quits without saying a word to anyone in my department - all guidance promised disappears.
Year 2: Manager quits without informing any underlings again.
Year 3: New Manager, who has been on the job 6 months, made all sorts of promises about revamping the department....... you guessed it.... QUITS

The job posting is up, for a 94k/yr job. I am applying for it. I have no experience in Workplace Health & Safety etc, and I know the people you have to manage are wastes of space....... but I am sick and tired of starting over with a new manager every 6-10 months. I might as well go for it.

Welp, I have always been the epitome of Karma! Get into the Sweep, have a car wreck! Chosen to review the new Big Bertha B21 driver, wind up in the ER! I thought it was my appendix, but doctors are thinking diverticulitis, colitis, or kidney stones. Happy Labor Day Weekend everybody!322A93B2-A0D5-4189-BB86-58B58A3B7233.jpeg

Sorry to hear that JBC!! Sending thoughts and prayers your way for a speedy recovery!!

Sorry to hear that JBC!! Sending thoughts and prayers your way for a speedy recovery!!
I appreciate that! Congratulations on the Grandmama! That’s awesome!

Welp, I have always been the epitome of Karma! Get into the Sweep, have a car wreck! Chosen to review the new Big Bertha B21 driver, wind up in the ER! I thought it was my appendix, but doctors are thinking diverticulitis, colitis, or kidney stones. Happy Labor Day Weekend everybody!View attachment 8962012
Sorry to hear that. Hope you’re back on your feet and hitting bombs with the BB in no time!

Since I started my job 2.5 years ago, I have had 3 different senior managers to report to.
Every year, we have to do a PPA (Personal Performance Analysis), and list our goals of what we want to achieve next year, how we need our manager's help, and we are supposed to work together to hit those goals.

Year 1: Manager quits without saying a word to anyone in my department - all guidance promised disappears.
Year 2: Manager quits without informing any underlings again.
Year 3: New Manager, who has been on the job 6 months, made all sorts of promises about revamping the department....... you guessed it.... QUITS

The job posting is up, for a 94k/yr job. I am applying for it. I have no experience in Workplace Health & Safety etc, and I know the people you have to manage are wastes of space....... but I am sick and tired of starting over with a new manager every 6-10 months. I might as well go for it.
Go in there and tell them what is been like and that you're the solution to their problems. Before they say anything, thank them for the promotion and insist on starting right away.

Welp, I have always been the epitome of Karma! Get into the Sweep, have a car wreck! Chosen to review the new Big Bertha B21 driver, wind up in the ER! I thought it was my appendix, but doctors are thinking diverticulitis, colitis, or kidney stones. Happy Labor Day Weekend everybody!View attachment 8962012

1. Stop entering contests!
  2. Be thankful you won and didn't get second prize!
  3. If it's kidney stones, I have some experience there. We can talk any time you'd like to know what I've learned.
  4. Get better!

1. Stop entering contests!
  2. Be thankful you won and didn't get second prize!
  3. If it's kidney stones, I have some experience there. We can talk any time you'd like to know what I've learned.
  4. Get better!
I know right! No good deed goes unpunished! Haha! I have two kidney stones. The ER doctor told me to make an appointment with an urologist. Next week. I will take all the help I can get, because I never want to go through this pain again!

Back hurts. Golf did not help back. Back did not help golf. Ouch! ☹

Thinking of changing my name to YoungandStiff a la @OldandStiff

Back hurts. Golf did not help back. Back did not help golf. Ouch! ☹

Thinking of changing my name to YoungandStiff a la @OldandStiff
I mean stiff has no age (sorry about your back, dude), but if you have even ONE grey hair, you're not young anymore, and should probably go with StarterLevelOldandStiff or something just to keep it honest. :LOL:

Man hope you are out of hospital. Diverticulitis is no joke, (had it 2 and really watch what I eat now) Feel better soon.

I mean stiff has no age (sorry about your back, dude), but if you have even ONE grey hair, you're not young anymore, and should probably go with StarterLevelOldandStiff or something just to keep it honest. :LOL:
😆 adding insult to injury! The white hairs are starting to pop up. And speaking of popping, the joints are doing that.

😆 adding insult to injury! The white hairs are starting to pop up. And speaking of popping, the joints are doing that.

Oh man, you must be around 30 then. At the rate you're going you're going to miss out on a team scramble due to 'accidentally excessive yard work' or 'that thing she bought yesterday was really heavy' in no time. Better heal up and hit bombs while you still can!! :p:LOL:

Be happy :
  1. That you have hair
  2. That it’s where you want it and hasn’t moved to someplace else

Bummer. Prayers. Getter better soon.

Oh man, you must be around 30 then. At the rate you're going you're going to miss out on a team scramble due to 'accidentally excessive yard work' or 'that thing she bought yesterday was really heavy' in no time. Better heal up and hit bombs while you still can!! :p:LOL:
That’s the truth. My wife has been buying way to much lately.

Maybe you’re the psychic! I just hit the big 3-0 this year and have already experienced the excessive yardwork blues! 😖
Be happy :
  1. That you have hair
  2. That it’s where you want it and hasn’t moved to someplace else
I keep telling my better half it’s only a matter of time. Not if, but when... 😆

Back