Official Rant of the Day

Hahaha. No meltdowns at the store for my kids.

Meltdowns for all of us elsewhere.

Since 2019 it’s just been one thing after another with either money or family health.

Feel your pain there bro.

Luckily my kids have been healthy. So there’s always worse things is the way I’ve looked at it.

So... Tuesday I rack up a knee--not doing anything special. Just stepping over something. This brings my off-season golf training to a screeching halt.

About this time my wife decides it's a great time to get some rooms repainted. You know who's responsible for removing all the switch plates, towel rod holders, HVAC register grates, etc., and putting it all back, right? 'Course, with a bum knee I can't reasonably get down onto and back up off the floor, so instead I bend down to get to that stuff. Naturally, some of it didn't want to go back on as easily as it came off, so there was extended time bending over.

Now my lower back is trashed.

yay.

So... Tuesday I rack up a knee--not doing anything special. Just stepping over something. This brings my off-season golf training to a screeching halt.

About this time my wife decides it's a great time to get some rooms repainted. You know who's responsible for removing all the switch plates, towel rod holders, HVAC register grates, etc., and putting it all back, right? 'Course, with a bum knee I can't reasonably get down onto and back up off the floor, so instead I bend down to get to that stuff. Naturally, some of it didn't want to go back on as easily as it came off, so there was extended time bending over.

Now my lower back is trashed.

yay.

Oh the joys of buying a house in a private course that turned into public.
At least leave a note, saying “Sorry for your bad luck & my worse swing”

Attachments

• C1DF02C4-1400-4CB7-9675-FF1EF6C60710.jpeg
    C1DF02C4-1400-4CB7-9675-FF1EF6C60710.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 605E6848-7C35-4399-8140-54798B0A7300.jpeg
    605E6848-7C35-4399-8140-54798B0A7300.jpeg
    73.6 KB · Views: 33

Never buy refurbished.

Sorry about the window. It wasn’t me if the above implies that.

Wow terrible, not cool at all.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Never buy refurbished.

Sorry about the window. It wasn’t me if the above implies that.

Its a heck of a drive. 200 yards( nearly dead left) through a bunker a tree & over a brick fence. It had some speed on it, dented my grill ( placed there on purpose) and both panes of glass.

Also, forgot this one. Our place in GA is on 10 acres & our barn we lived in is still there, we stay there when we go back at Christmas.
Friday sometime a fence line neighbor starting burning some woods & caught a 75’L x 44’D building on fire on the property. Other neighbors were able to get my Dad’s boat, 5th wheel camper, car hauler & his fully restored 1968 Mustang out. Unfortunately, they were unable to get my fully restored 1931 Model A out that my grandfather restored before he passed (& willed to me). The car, my Dad’s Ditch Witch, my grandparents’ furniture & a host of other things make it out either & are all lost.
To make it even better, the Forestry folks were trying to figure out a new fire break (woods were still burning) and located a 100’+ long row of 6’+ tall marijuana plants that now has the Sheriff’s office & DEA involved. The guy has no insurance & apparently no way of making restitution for the damages he caused. Sure there’s insurance on our side but, as I understand it, he’s responsible for damages due to negligence.

Attachments

• 0DC28A6F-9260-4BE8-9877-7829A5D8C600.jpeg
    0DC28A6F-9260-4BE8-9877-7829A5D8C600.jpeg
    274.2 KB · Views: 20
I was totally unaware that the clocks moved forward last night.

I put together a list of baseball equipment we need for all 17 baseball teams that we have this year. Keep in mind that we’ve purchased zero equipment in 5+ years. I submitted a request for $7200 worth (our dues along brought in $22k+ this season - $14k more than a typical season). I don’t have enough equipment for each team Instead of just approving it, I’m getting “why can’t each team just have 2 bats, 4 helmets and the $30 bag without wheels?” Well, we are required to have 5 helmets per team, 2 bats per team is not enough and sure, we can go with the cheap $30 bag that are an absolute PITA to carry and will need replacing every year!

it just pisses me off because we drop $3k on new basketballs every year and dropped $6k last year on a shooting machine most high schools cannot afford. This is basically a toy for 4-8 graders. But I cannot get equipment when I need it.

Its so frustrating being the coordinator for a non-sexy, expensive sport.

Maybe I'm not politically or socially correct, but I used one of those incidences as a learning session for our daughters. I pointed at the kid that was throwing a tantrum in the store and said to my girls "See that little boy over there? If you EVER act like that in public, I'll spank your ass all the way to the car". They never threw a tantrum like that. Zero f***s given. Time out kids are pr!cks and so are their parents. Sorry. Not sorry.

Oh, I agree with all of this. If we tried a tantrum in a public space, we would get crushed! I've seen so many instances where parents seem overmatched by their offspring! How does that happen? It's because the parents haven't grown into adults, nor given the guidance to do so!

I hate how things snowball. It started out as something simple. Replace my deck boards. Just the surface boards... and turned into a 3 day ordeal I'm still not finished with.:mad: I'm a lot further along than when I started.:D

I hate how things snowball. It started out as something simple. Replace my deck boards. Just the surface boards... and turned into a 3 day ordeal I'm still not finished with.:mad: I'm a lot further along than when I started.:D

Scope creep is the rule, rather than the exception. Except my scopes seem to gallop, not creep.

That's how almost every home improvement project that I take on goes! It can't just be simple, it has to be at least 2 or 3 times as expensive, difficult and time consuming as it was originally intended to be.

That's how almost every home improvement project that I take on goes! It can't just be simple, it has to be at least 2 or 3 times as expensive, difficult and time consuming as it was originally intended to be.

My rule of thumb is to double the number and go up one unit of measure. Thus I allow four days for a two hour task.

The local national guard training center is doing artillery training 😖

Just paid $289 to fix my 5 year old dryer...unreal! FYI guy told me buy a speed queen they are the best brand going...USA made product too!

Just paid $289 to fix my 5 year old dryer...unreal! FYI guy told me buy a speed queen they are the best brand going...USA made product too!

My next door neighbor just did the same thing on the washer side. He replaced a seven year old Samsung, or what was left of it, with a Speed Queen

We just spent $240 (including sizable tip) to repair a 16-year old Maytag drying center. It has a conventional dryer on the bottom and a number of screened trays and hangers for drying/refreshing clothes at low temps. It has saved us many time the purchase price in dry cleaning bills, and both the parts guy and the repair guy said to keep it running as long as humanly possible. Which was music to my wife's ears, since she loves the thing.

Maytag Neptune Electric Drying Center - MCE8000WH ...

Back