Official Rant of the Day

I usually eat my lunch a little after 11. Today I brought corned beef on rye with some spicy mustard, and I was really looking forward to it. I have a meeting at 11.

Why not just eat your lunch during the meeting. If someone bitches that this is "meeting time", you can b*tch back that it is your normal "lunch time"!

Okay, so living in the country has it's pluses and minuses, one of the drawbacks being that it is a ten mile drive from my house into town on country roads. Not really that bad, most of it is on one good road, a few windy parts, a couple of moderate grades, but easy to maintain the posted speed limit or above. The first five miles is 50 mph speed limit, then 45 mph the second five.

There are a lot of really bad drivers up here though, and getting stuck behind them can really tax your patience, something I'm short on anyway. There are only three places where it is legal to pass, nice long, straight, flat sections, and all three are in that first five miles. Well that has been the case for more than the 32 years I've lived out here, until last week. I'm assuming it was some idiot at the County Dept of Transportation that decided to get rid of those passing areas, repainting the broken center line to a solid double yellow, so now we have ten miles of road with no legal places to pass, and these hills are filled with Prius and Subaru drivers that won't get anywhere near the speed limit. Add in the logging trucks, RVs, and other big slow vehicles, and it can add a bunch of time to the drive, and a conga line of cars a mile long by the time you get to town. :banghead:

This reminds me of something done on a couple of two lane, one way roads in my area. These are a 2 lane, one way road eastbound, and another 2 lane, one way road westbound. They were designed to handle the traffic heading to the steel mills shortly before shift change time, when a large portion of the workers, lived in this area. This is a legacy of government working properly. It worked wonderfully!

Up near the signal lights hung small green and white signs saying to obey the speed limit, and you could "time it" so that you could sail right up the road, and never be stopped! Once all the steel mills go shut down, some idiot "safety director" decided to change everything! What we motorists eventually discovered is that if you went like a "bat out of hell" between one light and another, you might have a chance of making it!

How does that make things safer!

Okay, so living in the country has it's pluses and minuses, one of the drawbacks being that it is a ten mile drive from my house into town on country roads. Not really that bad, most of it is on one good road, a few windy parts, a couple of moderate grades, but easy to maintain the posted speed limit or above. The first five miles is 50 mph speed limit, then 45 mph the second five.

There are a lot of really bad drivers up here though, and getting stuck behind them can really tax your patience, something I'm short on anyway. There are only three places where it is legal to pass, nice long, straight, flat sections, and all three are in that first five miles. Well that has been the case for more than the 32 years I've lived out here, until last week. I'm assuming it was some idiot at the County Dept of Transportation that decided to get rid of those passing areas, repainting the broken center line to a solid double yellow, so now we have ten miles of road with no legal places to pass, and these hills are filled with Prius and Subaru drivers that won't get anywhere near the speed limit. Add in the logging trucks, RVs, and other big slow vehicles, and it can add a bunch of time to the drive, and a conga line of cars a mile long by the time you get to town. :banghead:
Yeah, county government did the same thing in my neck of the woods. There's a 2 lane road that's become a main artery where it was a secondary road before. Lots more traffic on it than it used to carry as the area has grown. For damn near 18 years, it was 55MPH. Some bean counter must have listened to a karen and "thought of the children" and had the speed limit lowered to 45MPH. So for several miles, this road is now slow.

There are opportunities to pass... but because there's so much traffic, it's usually not clear to safely pass. And it's the road I drive 2 times daily for work.
In the winter time I normally get stuck heading home at 6pm. In the dark. Behind some stupid driver that won't go above 30 MPH because they're afraid to go faster. And oncoming traffic prevents me from passing.

There are times when I question my decision to live where I do.:rolleyes:

Why not just eat your lunch during the meeting. If someone bitches that this is "meeting time", you can b*tch back that it is your normal "lunch time"!
I've been here long enough that I can get away with just about anything, but there's some shifting going on above me and I know to pick my battles.

I present the data at 1PM. I have shown you how to get data and presentation from the shared drive. Why do I have to have a meeting with you to go over the data?

Who ever has a voodoo doll of me, could you ease up a bit? Thanks!

I do that pretty much every day here. :confused:
It's better on the west side of town and bit, not much more north (joking)
I type this as I sit in my office in Fairlawn.

It's better on the west side of town and bit, not much more north (joking)
I type this as I sit in my office in Fairlawn.

Shhh...(It's the whole state)

That same kid on the bus is trying to egg my son on to fight him. He called my son and his friend just some white boys today, and talking all kinds of trash today. The bus driver has moved him to right behind his seat and told him if there is 1 more issue he is off the bus. I am not sure what this kids issue is, but my wife has already stated she is making a trip to their house to talk to his mom. :mad: I hate bullies, and my son does too. He has defended himself twice in school before, and it became an issue the school would look into once my son hit back. So frustrating.

You may hear me complain about being exhausted from time to time, but after 48 hours in this bed it’s killing me. I can’t find a side that doesn’t hurt to lay on.

You may hear me complain about being exhausted from time to time, but after 48 hours in this bed are killing me. I can’t find a side that doesn’t hurt to lay on.
Hope you feel better soon.

My post isn't really a rant, so I'm going to move it over into the banter away thread. I just wanted to leave this marker here in case I changed my mind later :ROFLMAO:

Kidney stone woke me up this morning at about 3:30AM. At this point, I’m not sure if I should call a doctor, a medicine man, the mojo lady, or ghostbusters?! I need an old priest and a young priest.

Well, I see your problem... it's that you're IN Ohio.:ROFLMAO:
Where would you be if you could live outside of Ohio?

So I get a notice on my corporate card that I've got a balance. I remind myself to check it online when I get home. Of course, I forget. This morning I check it and the charge isn't mine. Now I'm going to have to dispute this. I hate thieves:mad:

Well, I see your problem... it's that you're IN Ohio.:ROFLMAO:
Where would you be if you could live outside of Ohio?

Tossing up Nashville, somewhere in SC or the coast of GA is where we'll end up one day.

Arch of foot feels super swollen and also like it’s trying to tear my foot apart. That on top of a mounting list of grumpies is making for an unhappy RPP.

Presidential roadblocks are the worst, especially when they are right in front of your house

Arch of foot feels super swollen and also like it’s trying to tear my foot apart. That on top of a mounting list of grumpies is making for an unhappy RPP.
I don't know if they help with arch pain but when I was having heel pain that would not go away I tried Pine Valley Orthotics in my work and my golf shoes and pretty quickly after about a month of pain the pain went away. Coincidence ? I can't say for sure but i still use them.

Kidney stone woke me up this morning at about 3:30AM. At this point, I’m not sure if I should call a doctor, a medicine man, the mojo lady, or ghostbusters?! I need an old priest and a young priest.

Not fun, but definitely get it checked out. (y)

If I lived in Ohio or anywhere up there, I would too, I have family in Toledo, and somewhere in WI as well as Detroit and northern NY. No way. I'll take heat and humidity over that anytime - I can find a pool or beach and I am good - if things get that bad. Of course hurricanes?

I don't know if they help with arch pain but when I was having heel pain that would not go away I tried Pine Valley Orthotics in my work and my golf shoes and pretty quickly after about a month of pain the pain went away. Coincidence ? I can't say for sure but i still use them.
This just came on suddenly yesterday. Hasn’t much improved today. Really hoping it goes away as quickly as it arrived.

See a podiatrist, foot pain sucks, and that's a sign in my old podiatrist's office.

Back