Official Rant of the Day

I’ve reached the point in my tenure where if I’ve explained something multiple times and you choose not to acknowledge the objective, it is now no longer my problem and you need to deal with the consequences.

Not sure WTF is going on with people around here lately.
Imma check out for the rest of the day

Here, as in THP, or there, where you are?

I am at my parents house all week and tell them I have to work during the day. They wait until the day before I leave to give me all the things they need help with. Ugh. I have my headset on in a meeting and I get asked if I can change the screen to the glass on the front security door. WTH?

So my mortgage servicer had a breach in Oct 2021 never heard anything, they just sent a notice saying ohhh hey we found out Sept 20,2022 that your info was in that leak... WHAT?! it took a year to find out? :mad:

I have forgotten all Calculus. And today I need to do calculus.

not surprised you forgot. Surprised you needed it. I used to have a CRC handbook of mathematics that had exhaustive tables of integrals and derivatives. Never opened that book after college.

not surprised you forgot. Surprised you needed it. I used to have a CRC handbook of mathematics that had exhaustive tables of integrals and derivatives. Never opened that book after college.
I just have an old CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics.

I should remember my calculus as I'm a professional scientist.A0D15982-F45C-4EC6-85F1-C4D6DD7A03AC.jpeg

I just have an old CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics.

I should remember my calculus as I'm a professional scientist.View attachment 9125782

Love the definition AND the old CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics. We all had a copy.

so i have no clue what i was watching but it was something on FX. it ran it course and my wife and i were goofing off on our phones, so the next show comes on and it's some stupid cartoon with a demon girl and i don't know. again we aren't really paying any attention. then all of the sudden we both hear the "C" word and the "F" word on regular basic cable. we both look up and see it's a cartoon. i was blown away. i did not know you could use that kind of language on regular cable. i mean, yeah they want to push the button, put the toe up to the line etc but they can't even see the line anymore. the "C" word? WOW!!!!!

next thing will be boobies on abc....sad

Just went into my shed to prep some stuff for the weekends cleaning session, and found an entire bag of grass seed on the floor. Thanks to those mice for adding an extra 45 minutes to my to-do list for the weekend 🤬.

I learned some of that in high school. Even Feynmann's trick to differentiate under the integral sign! I found it wonderful then, but my career track did not take more on the physics way. And you had better be a math wizard to be physicist!

Love the definition AND the old CRC Handbook of Chemistry and Physics. We all had a copy.

I have one of those gathering dust in my attic!

Tossing up Nashville, somewhere in SC or the coast of GA is where we'll end up one day.

Come on down to Columbia area. I need a golf buddy. There's not enough THP representation here.:)

so i have no clue what i was watching but it was something on FX. it ran it course and my wife and i were goofing off on our phones, so the next show comes on and it's some stupid cartoon with a demon girl and i don't know. again we aren't really paying any attention. then all of the sudden we both hear the "C" word and the "F" word on regular basic cable. we both look up and see it's a cartoon. i was blown away. i did not know you could use that kind of language on regular cable. i mean, yeah they want to push the button, put the toe up to the line etc but they can't even see the line anymore. the "C" word? WOW!!!!!

next thing will be boobies on abc....sad
I was listening to the radio in my truck the other day. The oldies, hits, today, and now music channel. And they play Post Malone's song about being a rock star or something. Anyway, there was so much bleeping, scratching out, and skipping portions of the song, I was wondering why they even bothered playing it in the first place.🤷‍♂️

Damnit! Just received an email from my gym they're closing their doors permanently 😢 Business has been marginal, anyway. Then the HVAC units all died, are too old and broken-down to repair any longer, and their landlord won't replace them. Then, it turns out, the landlord hasn't paid property taxes on the building for three years. Put all together, they've no choice but to call it quits.

Was a really special place. Don't really want to try to find another, so I guess it'll be something for a home gym, going forward.

I was listening to the radio in my truck the other day. The oldies, hits, today, and now music channel. And they play Post Malone's song about being a rock star or something. Anyway, there was so much bleeping, scratching out, and skipping portions of the song, I was wondering why they even bothered playing it in the first place.🤷‍♂️
Guess we are this now

Tent camping when it's below freezing is super sucktacular. It's even more so when 50 is in the rear view mirror and you sound like a bowl of rice crispy cereal trying to get up in the morning.

Maybe some of the other scouts dad's could come out once in a while and embrace the suck with their kids.

At least they cooked us some quality chow. 😁

Damnit! Just received an email from my gym they're closing their doors permanently 😢 Business has been marginal, anyway. Then the HVAC units all died, are too old and broken-down to repair any longer, and their landlord won't replace them. Then, it turns out, the landlord hasn't paid property taxes on the building for three years. Put all together, they've no choice but to call it quits.

Was a really special place. Don't really want to try to find another, so I guess it'll be something for a home gym, going forward.

I hear that! Back before the advent of the "giant" pet stores, my buddy opened something called "Cross Country Feed and Seed". Both pet supplies, and birdseed supplies. He's an old country boy and knew how to take care of critters! He had flourescent fixtures hanging by their wires in his store, and repeatedly asked the landlord when the premises would be brought up to code! Turned out he was dealing with a total piece of crap! The property fell into disrepair, and was eventualy torn down after all the tenants were evicted!

He made money hand over fist at that place!

Tent camping when it's below freezing is super sucktacular. It's even more so when 50 is in the rear view mirror and you sound like a bowl of rice crispy cereal trying to get up in the morning.

Maybe some of the other scouts dad's could come out once in a while and embrace the suck with their kids.

At least they cooked us some quality chow. 😁
On the bright side I doubt you’ll see their faces early December at Carlsbad 😁

Guess we are this now

I'm not opposed to today's music. I find some of it entertaining. I wouldn't exactly want to be heard singing the lyrics out loud to some of the songs though as they're pretty graphic and can be vulgar. But, either bleep out all of the words or none of the words. Different stations will play different version of the same song. I'd like some consistency.🤷‍♂️

Drove out to this range, about 25 minutes away only to get there and have them tell me they would only let me get a small bucket...was dumbfounded.... was not like it was going to be dark that soon. I *almost* said, fine give me two smalls, but I withheld the snark. Such a minor thing but it was frustrating and totally messed my mood....sigh.

It’s taking all my willpower to post under a picture of the winners of a scramble I use to play in to ask How Many Strokes did the winning team cheat by this year? It’s the same team every year and they suck at golf. Everyone knows they cheat and the tournament let’s them get away with it because on of the golfers is a big sponsor. He’s a very loud, obnoxious, and classless and this is his one day of the year to be king of the community.

It’s taking all my willpower to post under a picture of the winners of a scramble I use to play in to ask How Many Strokes did the winning team cheat by this year? It’s the same team every year and they suck at golf. Everyone knows they cheat and the tournament let’s them get away with it because on of the golfers is a big sponsor. He’s a very loud, obnoxious, and classless and this is his one day of the year to be king of the community.
Everyone else is probably just waiting for someone else to be the first one to say something. maybe its time to be that guy. If you are, post screenshots.

Back