Official Rant of the Day

It used to be no one cut their grass before like 11AM for the 35 years I've lived here. It's slowly gotten earlier as society digresses. This is the earliest yet.
I mean, is there ever a grass cutting emergency? No. Let working people sleep on the weekends especially. The grass will wait. They guy is retired. Can do it any time. I could have not been more asleep.
I get it, but I usually get up early do my workout and come back to mow want to be done and showered by 10am to get on with my Saturday...granted I don't sleep in and don't require naps or a sleep catch up.

Usually grass is too wet for 8am but definitely by 9am I am on my way . I moved to weekday evenings at 8pm after my son is in bed. Because sun stays up.

If you had a rule what time should I start?

Is that too early?
No one ever used to cut their grass at 8AM.
Is there some reason anyone needs to cut their grass at 8AM? If you say "too hot" its probably too hot to cut it anyway and just leave it long until the heat passes so it doesn't burn up anyway. :unsure:

No one ever used to cut their grass at 8AM.
Is there some reason anyone needs to cut their grass at 8AM? If you say "too hot" its probably too hot to cut it anyway and just leave it long until the heat passes so it doesn't burn up anyway. :unsure:
Plans for golf, family outing, beach, pool, cookout?

I get it, but I usually get up early do my workout and come back to mow want to be done and showered by 10am to get on with my Saturday...granted I don't sleep in and don't require naps or a sleep catch up.

Usually grass is too wet for 8am but definitely by 9am I am on my way . I moved to weekday evenings at 8pm after my son is in bed. Because sun stays up.

If you had a rule what time should I start?
Bolded for "i" emphasis. ;)

Used to be 10AM-8PM were reasonable times for people. And it was rare that anyone did before about 11AM or noon, really. Not exaggerating.

Part of the problem is just being home more these days. Used to be at work early and didn't notice. But this guy is a clown in a lot of ways. Don't be this guy. :cool:

Plans for golf, family outing, beach, pool, cookout?
You have alot of energy. Seems you could do it another day?:LOL:
That would make sense and be respectful, no?
Again, show me a grass cutting emergency, and I'll stamp your grass cutting emergency card for ya. :giggle:

And we gotta flip the script here:
What time do you deem my wake up time to be on any given day? That's why no one used to mow their lawn early in the morning. (y)

Last edited:
It used to be no one cut their grass before like 11AM for the 35 years I've lived here. It's slowly gotten earlier as society digresses. This is the earliest yet.
I mean, is there ever a grass cutting emergency? No. Let working people sleep on the weekends especially. The grass will wait. They guy is retired. Can do it any time. I could have not been more asleep.
I’m with you. 8am is beyond absurd, IMO.

my body hurts. everywhere. for no reason. wrist. elbow. shoulder. lower back. knees. feet. it’s what i deal with daily and i hate it.

I’m with you. 8am is beyond absurd, IMO.
I guess it's a perk of having older neighbors. Usually 9am I hear mowers and my neighbor is getting the paper and tons of walkers. To each their own. 9am mow crews are rolling through so I'll let them stop by and let me know I'm too early... Little guy is up at 6:15 so I feel like 9am is mid morning lol

my body hurts. everywhere. for no reason. wrist. elbow. shoulder. lower back. knees. feet. it’s what i deal with daily and i hate it.
I have a lot of reasons. There with ya! :cool:

The search for a new golf bag. I've been a Sun Mountain guy for the last few, also a 14 way top. This time around, though I want to go lighter so that there's just a bit more left in the tank coming to the last few holes. Lighter most likely means the 3.5LS.

To me a golf bag is kinda personal (like a putter) so I definitely have to see/feel the bag before I purchase it. Problem is, there are zero retailers that I can find in Ontario that carry this model in stock. Our major chain store Golftown has a 4.5 14-way in a color combination I like, but it's the same weight as the bag I have. I found a beautiful Ping Hoofer in my color combination and at a discounted price. I thought I was golden until I got it home and noticed it was actually heavier than my current setup. Also just messing around with putting my clubs in it I'm not sure I can make the switch to a 4-way top.

Why is something so simple as finding a golf bag so $@&^%$* difficult???? :banghead:

My neighbors are far enough away, if have to be outside to hear them mowing. Even the one with the mower that backfires every ten seconds.

The search for a new golf bag. I've been a Sun Mountain guy for the last few, also a 14 way top. This time around, though I want to go lighter so that there's just a bit more left in the tank coming to the last few holes. Lighter most likely means the 3.5LS.

To me a golf bag is kinda personal (like a putter) so I definitely have to see/feel the bag before I purchase it. Problem is, there are zero retailers that I can find in Ontario that carry this model in stock. Our major chain store Golftown has a 4.5 14-way in a color combination I like, but it's the same weight as the bag I have. I found a beautiful Ping Hoofer in my color combination and at a discounted price. I thought I was golden until I got it home and noticed it was actually heavier than my current setup. Also just messing around with putting my clubs in it I'm not sure I can make the switch to a 4-way top.

Why is something so simple as finding a golf bag so $@&^%$* difficult???? :banghead:
I have a Titleist 14 way stand bag that is really light (use it on my pushcart) also the 14 way standbag we got at the Grandaddy is very light. Should check them both out.

Ha, I just wrote out 4 paragraphs of a recap/update from my Universal trip for the Covid thread and just when I went to post, it was locked for the night because the same few people continue to have a food fight :LOL:. Honestly, it’s probably for the better. Like herding cats.

I saved it so if it reopens, I’ll post it tomorrow.

FWIW, I've been really watching my oxalate and Vitamin C intakes for other reasons, and I realized in the last two weeks that the chronic pains - my knees, lower back, shoulders, and right wrist - are virtually gone, despite doing a lot of heavy yard and house work of late.

I guess it's a perk of having older neighbors. Usually 9am I hear mowers and my neighbor is getting the paper and tons of walkers. To each their own. 9am mow crews are rolling through so I'll let them stop by and let me know I'm too early... Little guy is up at 6:15 so I feel like 9am is mid morning lol

My landscapers come by around 730-8am to cut my lawn every Thursday, and it's not only me. I can hear a bunch of landscapers from 730-10 almost every morning on my street. Is this not normal? Don't get me wrong, it's not pleasant to be woken up that early when you're trying to sleep in, but then I just get my day started early. Then after a couple hours, I'm happy I got out of bed early and got some things done. More time play/watch golf!

My landscapers come by around 730-8am to cut my lawn every Thursday, and it's not only me. I can hear a bunch of landscapers from 730-10 almost every morning on my street. Is this not normal? Don't get me wrong, it's not pleasant to be woken up that early when you're trying to sleep in, but then I just get my day started early. Then after a couple hours, I'm happy I got out of bed early and got some things done. More time play/watch golf!

Our fairly conservative but tightly-wound town permits commercial outdoor construction and landscape work between the hours of 7 am and 9 pm. There is an exception for snow plowing, which in our area can occur any time between October 15 and May 10. The businesses basically use every minute of that window,

Sometimes my neighbors like to play music really loud and everyone can hear it. If they play it past midnight, I make it a point to wake up at 6 am and do something loud, like cut the grass. But my personal favorite is to set my pressure cleaner as close to the offenders house as possible, bust out the 100 feet of hose and clean anything I can find. Yeah, I’m petty.

Sometimes my neighbors like to play music really loud and everyone can hear it. If they play it past midnight, I make it a point to wake up at 6 am and do something loud, like cut the grass. But my personal favorite is to set my pressure cleaner as close to the offenders house as possible, bust of the 100 feet of hose and clean anything I can find. Yeah, I’m petty.

Gotta keep those people in check!

Played 18 on our 9 hole muni today & was 11 over on the front 9 :banana:
Then the turn happened & it was like I forgot how to play & shot 25 over on the back 9, with a 10 on 1 hole.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Woke up to a hot house at midnight. Fixed it with a run to Home Depot at 8am for a thermostat. I installed it and it would not come on. I was panicking reading the thermostat manual in the backyard and it kicked on after five minutes. House is cool now.

I have a Titleist 14 way stand bag that is really light (use it on my pushcart) also the 14 way standbag we got at the Grandaddy is very light. Should check them both out.
Thanks @Snickerdog I've been checking out the Titleist especially since my new clubs are Titleist but they all seem to come in on the heavy side. I guess the search continues.

Played golf yesterday and one of the guys I played with found our earlier this afternoon that he tested positive. He took a precautionary test as he was supposed to have a minor surgery tomorrow. At this point his only symptoms are lessened taste and smell.
Now I have to go get my laptop and monitors and set up to work from home and quarantine for the next two weeks. Me at the end of two weeks will be :banghead:.

Arrggg, I feel someone dropped the ball on my club order. Ordered a 4 and 5 919F 2 weeks ago and just got a e-mail from the dealer saying he checked on my order today and was told by his rep that the 919s are no longer available. At the time I placed the order they had not been retired yet. Pissed off! :mad:

Arrggg, I feel someone dropped the ball on my club order. Ordered a 4 and 5 919F 2 weeks ago and just got a e-mail from the dealer saying he checked on my order today and was told by his rep that the 919s are no longer available. At the time I placed the order they had not been retired yet. Pissed off! :mad:
That sucks. Sorry to hear.

Back